Universal Sky Dancer (by Pine Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by antony.thai, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Crondar

Crondar Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Hi Linh!

I have most of the new characters of course. Just had to give up on one or two felixs/characters because of failing miserably at the first implementation of the Weekly Treasure Hunt. [emoji854]

As far as movements are concerned Moe is another one to look for for sure. Had a good laugh while watching him jump! [emoji196] [emoji16]

Not really got into the reaction feature so far. Does it make a selfie of you playing the game? Hilarious, you don't wanna see this! [emoji23]

After rewatching some older previews on YouTube again, I'd say, that the new world, called "Ice Skyland", doesn't seem to be too far away, right? [emoji6]

Btw: I'm a little bit confused. How comes iOS has version 1.11 and Android 2.9.1? [emoji33]

Happy new year and keep on sky dancing! [emoji312]

2. Crondar

Mar 3, 2017
    Big bug here! No Daily Reward, no Weekly Treasure Hunt available anymore. Any hint how to solve this problem?

3. Kavalas

Kavalas New Member

Feb 16, 2018
    Some Help

Hey guys some help, which is the best Felix in order to achieve high score? Or which is the best way to make a higher score. I have 600.000+ for now. Thank you in advance.

4. linh.tran

linh.tran Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Hi Kavalas,The best way to achieve high score is getting more and more Sacred Gears. Felix do not give any effect on score, but they help at coin and star, as a way to have more character easier. Incredible score !

Dear Crondar, we have just had a new year holiday so it is slow a bit, but we come back now and try to fix that issue quickly. Thank you !

5. SolsticeLady

SolsticeLady Active Member

May 15, 2014
    Female
    #345 SolsticeLady, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    Hi, just came across this beauty via Game of the Day in iOS App store. Must say, it's a great endless runner and I am enjoying it very much! I do have some issues though. Sorry if they had been mentioned before

1) When you use the Revive via Ad functionality, you can click the Ad close icon after the required number of seconds to continue running. However it seems that the game continues in the background after the ad video has finished even if you don't click the x icon to close the ad. That way I lost all my progress when I was literally on the first chest of a weekly treasure hunt :mad:. I would love to have a real suspend function so that the game only continues when you click the x icon to close the ad. Thus you would have a chance to pause the game, e.g. in the weekly treasure hunts in case you don't have anymore time to play and don't want to forfeit your progress. Note: I am aware that you can pause in the game itself.

2.) Sometimes after the ad video has finished, the ad doesn't close properly and you are returned to a white screen. This happened twice during treasure hunt. The only chance you have is to force close the app. Needless to say that all your progress is gone and the 4 hours timer is ticking again. Please improve ad closing or have something like a pick-up current race function after restart of app in case the app was force closed during a run.

3) direct access to store during run would be great to stock up on your power ups during running if you’re in a tight spot (again, treasure hunt ;))

4) I don’t like that you’ve changed purchase currency of single power-up items from coins to stars as stars are much harder to get at least for beginners. Please consider changing that back to coins or let them appear as drops during race which are accumulated and not immediately activated when found. This would be a great alternative for stocking up and incentive for farming runs as well

Apart from this, great game and kudos to the developers! I hope to spend many breathtaking running hours in this game :D

6. Crondar

Mar 3, 2017
    No problem, Linh, thanks for helping me out! [emoji106]

7. SolsticeLady

May 15, 2014
    Female
    #347 SolsticeLady, Feb 21, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    This white screen is getting really annoying! I’ve just cashed in my treasure chest from the treasure hunt, chose to double up my rewards by watching an ad and again this white screen of death appeared, I had to force close my app and boom, no rewards saved. I have a stable WiFi connection so this can’t be the reason. My devices are iPad Pro 1st gen and iPhone X, both running on iOS 11.2.50. Please solve this issue ASAP! Thanks

8. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    On my Air 10.3.3 this just keeps crashing/closing down like every other run

9. linh.tran

Mar 21, 2016
    Hi Solsticelady,
    The pause button is available in Mars and also Weekly Treasure Hunt, so s yo said, it mean on your device missing the Pause button.
    Those information are really helpful, will try to have them fixed in the next update.

Dear Duke12, we will test more, lacking of storage is one of reasons make the app crashing, maybe you can check quickly.

10. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    1,5-2 gb space left so I doubt its that

11. SolsticeLady

May 15, 2014
    Female
    Thanks for your reply. The pause button shows both in treasure hunt and in normal world run so that's not the issue. My issue is that the game continues automatically once the ad video has played even if you don't click the x icon to close the ad screen. Therefore my suggestion was to fix this so that the run is suspended during ad video and only started again when the player actively clicks the x icon.

12. SolsticeLady

May 15, 2014
    Female
    #352 SolsticeLady, Feb 23, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
    One other suggestion: you can now collect parts (stars?) during runs which will eventually unlock more characters. It would be great if you would show the number of collected items in the score when you finish a run (e.g. x stars for dancer y). Also there should be some indication how far you are to unlocking this character, e.g. display in the list of dancers a progress bar in the locked icon of that dancer, maybe like this https://imgur.com/a/1hLfq

13. linh.tran

Mar 21, 2016
    #353 linh.tran, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    We see.
    Sky Dancer used to the characters that unlocked by collecting trophies, it is really fun but was removed for some reasons. It could be back and more unlocking type characters as your ideas.

And here is some great news. Sky Dancers is officially nominated in the 14th IMGA (The International Mobile Gaming Awards). We've gone a long way to this day. It was all thanks to your support that we've made it so far. And of course as it is the way of a sky dancer, the journey is long from coming to an end.
    [​IMG]

COME AND SUPPORT US BY VOTING FOR SKY DANCER. Let the voice of the Sky Dancing community be heard.
    http://www.imgawards.com/games/sky-dancer-2

And of course, keep dancing, dancers.

14. SolsticeLady

May 15, 2014
    Female
    I sincerely congratulate on that nomination - and please fix the ad related crashes as soon as possible. I have not gotten once past the second chest in the treasure hunt without the app crashing and that’s pretty frustrating not getting any reward at all and having to wait another four hours for retry.

15. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Sky Dancer is reawakening an old iOS desire in me (especially with the inclusion of David B... uhm, just David ;) ): a (semi)realistic and a bit more complex behind-the-back freerunning-themed endless runner, set in city environments and with plenty of parkour techniques to pull off for both points and more efficient traversal.

But yeah, this is a very smooth, pleasant, relaxing, responsive, fun, even beautiful game. Kudos.

But I must admit it is a bit of a mess as well. The writing is a bit clumsy, spelling errors, the character models are strangely low-rez, the tutorial does not explain all elements - and actually seems to use an entirely different cadence and sensitivity compared to regular play when demonstrating swerving in freefall - and characters who jump without the David-style backflip doesn't seem to jump at all as much as simply step off the ground and float skywards (it's a very impressive trick, but not very kinetic or visually appealing ;) ).

16. linh.tran

Mar 21, 2016
    @Solstice: Thank you ! Please don't worry, We are working on it.
    @Ayjona: How glad to see your honest feedback. We are lucky that having the users always let us know the truth feeling and what we can focus on to keep improving.

17. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I hope all my (honest) praise wasn't lost on you, just because I ended with a paragraph of criticism more than thrice as long! :) Skydancer IS an altogether awesome game (and this coming from someone who is not generally a fan of runners)!

And, you know, if you need ideas for your next title, my first paragraph above is free of charge... :p

18. SolsticeLady

May 15, 2014
    Female
    One small thing that irks me - the moment you grab a treasure chest during normal run (not treasure hunt) it's briefly zoomed out and overlays your view which can be irritating when you're just navigating to your next landing spot. Could you please adjust this so that the chest doesn't obstruct your view while you're grabbing it?

19. linh.tran

Mar 21, 2016
    Ofcourse. We will spend time for it in this update.;)

20. Crondar

Mar 3, 2017
    Even after over two months of waiting the game still seems to be broken.