Sky Chasers — a game about your inner child - calling out for beta testers!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Lucky Kat, Oct 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucky Kat

Lucky Kat Well-Known Member

We've added animations of coins and gems at the checkpoint:

[​IMG]

2. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This game looks amazing. all the screenshots and character builds you send get better and better

3. Lucky Kat

Thanks!

4. Lucky Kat

#24 Lucky Kat, Nov 7, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  5. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Just played the beta a few minutes and all I can say is "great job guys" controls feel so right and the artwork is adorable

6. Lucky Kat

Wow, that's a big compliment. Thank you so much!

7. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Wow just wow. My first impressions from first ten minutes of beta. im not sure if you can toggle controls and switch to tilt controls or not which would be a great addon but the controls are perfect and fluid. The graphics are top notch. I love the pixel art you chose. The character and theme design are just wonderfully built.

I really like how you have the checkpoints set up. Either watching a video , using diamond, paying a premium to help the developer for there efforts , or just passing and going on to the next on and hoping you don't die. I think this was a great idea. I have one question if I pay now will that hold over to the retail version or would I have to buy again?

As for any bugs or glitches.
    When I'm playing the game, in the middle
    of the screen there is a thin line like a lightening line through the screen on some parts.
    Also the first time I started up the game it the front layer froze that shows where to tap on the right and left but the background was interactive.
    That's the only two things I've noticed so far.

Now im going back to play some more

8. Lucky Kat

It's so cool to hear so many positive feedback about Sky Chasers! That means a lot to us. At this moment it's not possible to do an IAP purchase. I think right now we're at 50%, and there are more obstacles and enemies to come! We'll keep you updated through this forum with some new awesome features. The beta is just the beginning :)

9. Lucky Kat

Here's how we made the title screen in gif:

[​IMG]

10. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    #30 Jayg2015, Nov 10, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    That is amazing. Great idea to document everything. Love this game

Also forgot to mention before about the background and scenery. I really like how this is interactive with the adventure and can actually be used into strategy to slow you down but can hurt you as well. Like bushes can help
    Slow you down and vines can kill you. Great idea . I really like this.

11. Lucky Kat

Super thanks for all the feedback! We made some changes to the game based on your suggestions:

1. You're able to touch grass (before grass was a lethal object)
    2. More enemies
    3. More obstacles

Here's a new enemy for example:

[​IMG]

12. Jayg2015

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    The new update just made an already great game better. So many good improvements

13. Cevan

Cevan Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Just finished my first playthrough of the beta, and I have to say, the game is great. Even though it still has a little ways to go before it's a full title I'm already in love with it. One of my favorite things, which doesn't even affect the gameplay, is water splashing up when you fly near a pool of water. It's such a small thing that people probably wouldn't have complained about had it not been included, but I love little details like this because it shows actual care for the game by the developers.

14. Lucky Kat

Super thanks everyone. We'll keep all of you up-to-date here on our progress!

15. Cosmic Badger

Cosmic Badger Well-Known Member

May 10, 2015
    Dublin
    I love the art style on this and nice little concept. I'd love to give the game a try, filled out the form.

16. Lucky Kat

Thanks! If it is okay, I am going to add you when the new build is ready. We got a lot of feedback and are implementing now. It should be finished next week!

17. Lucky Kat

We are experimenting with the claw, picking up objects which can shoot arrows:

[​IMG]

Do you guys have any suggestions as alternatives for a blocky thing shooting arrows?

18. Lucky Kat

Here's how you are going to spend the coins and unlock new ships:

[​IMG]

19. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Looks awesome and the changes really made it a much more fun experience

20. Lucky Kat

Thanks for your kind words! This keeps us going!