Sky Burger: Ian Marsh's New Game?

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by superbad, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    Well without saying much to get me banned :)D), Ian told me in the past that one of his new games might involve elements of diner dash and scoops.

Guess what... He just posted this screenshot on his twitter.com/eeen

[​IMG]

2. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    a couple things. 1 you can take the question mark out of the title, it is confirmed. 2, i cant see your pic for some reason. 3, he posted this pic yesterday. http://twitpic.com/1azzn

Thats the game idea.

3. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
  4. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    i know, im just giving him some more info on what the actual game will be like. Appears to be scoops with burgers, and then i guess the diner dash part comes in when you make em all. Sounds like fun.

5. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    I haven't yet bought scoops or textropolis, but I don't know if I'll be able to pass this one up if it's as good as it sounds :)

6. Donburns99

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Ah, I see now.

Yea, I saw that sketch earlier, the game looks like will be more stressful and less simplistic, but it does look fun.

7. superbad

Nov 6, 2008
    You need to stalk me?
    thanks! i kinda had an idea what it would be like.

this is probably his first game with definite levels

ie. maybe one level would just involve stacking cheese + catsup then or further levels alternating lettuce tomato onions etc needs to be stacked within the allotted time or something like that :D

8. Donburns99

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    #8 Donburns99, Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
    I'm thinking of a "Order Up!" type game myself.

Where you get a certain burger requested with x amount of Patties, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, and whatever else in a certain order and have to make a burger (in that order) from the falling items.

Maybe passing the level once you earn a certain amount of money, which you'd earn in various amounts from making burgers in various structures.

That's why I'd imagine it being more stressful than Scoops and not nearly as simple. ^ ^

9. superbad

Nov 6, 2008
    You need to stalk me?
    my thoughts exactly.

10. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    well, just noticed that they have a description of the game on their new site (nimblebit.com). here it is:

"Sky Burger puts you to work stacking burgers to order! Catch the right ingredients as they fall from the sky, and don’t forget that top bun when you’re done! Build over 50 unique burger orders that get taller and taller the more orders you complete. Complete enough orders in a row to cut your teeth on the coveted SkyBurger! Earn cash for each burger and get promoted up the Sky Burger corporate ladder. Look back at your career stats and compare them to the average global Sky Burger employee."

this looks to be ian's best game yet!