GameClub Skulls of the Shogun - (by 17-BIT, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Nov 27, 2013.

1. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    #121 andysmash, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    Hello Ben! Thanks for bringing the game to iOS. I've been wanting this here since the first time I saw it played on Giant Bomb. I played the hell out of the Xbox version, but this really seems like the best platform :)

2. Kour

Kour Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Bleeding brilliant and hilarious this.

3. truthwritten

truthwritten Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Does the game work via cloud between iphone and ipad? Love the pick up and play style games. Does this autosave?

4. borut

borut Member

Nov 29, 2013
    #124 borut, Dec 3, 2013

The game does autosave. You can load the autosave from the Campaign main menu, from the Pause menu while playing a match (Under Save/Load Restart), and if you die, choose Load Game.

You can also load local multiplayer Pass-And-Play save games via the level selector when creating a pass and play game.

It doesn't use iCloud, but it does save your data in the (generic, non-Apple) cloud as long as you're signed in to Skulls Anywhere. (This way it can share the saves/progress with the Steam version if you play on PC).

Borut

5. borut

borut Member

Nov 29, 2013
    #125 borut, Dec 3, 2013
    If you choose Create Game, then hit ok with the options you'd like, on the army select screen there's an Invite Player option. That should do what you want there.

You can also invite just some players and still let some slots go to matchmaking (ie. creating a 4 human player game and inviting just one friend).

Borut

6. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011

Oh hey, thanks! I never noticed that button. Ok, game is perfect now.

7. defunct32

defunct32 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Does the game have any skills or abilities to learn and use in battle, or is it just move and attack?

8. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thrown some suggestions for async refinement (pushes that open up matches directly, next match button with new turns badges, allowing the player to remain in-match after submitting turns for realtime matches) at the developer, and they seem to be very receptive (though understandably not certain they'll manage to squeeze in every feature). 17-Bit definitively seem commited to polishing Skulls, and to iOS in general. I can think of few newly arrived devs I'd rather see stick to the scene.

9. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Hey can you guys post some of your usernames? Finally got this after the TA review and wanna get some multiplayer games going

10. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    "Ayjona", to no one's surprise ;)

11. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    Yes and no.

In battle, when you defeat an enemy they drop a skull. One of your team members can eat the skull, making them stronger (but no new skills). The special forces that come from the Shines you haunt will learn skills when the eat skulls.

12. andysmash

Apr 6, 2011
    andysmash is my name. Come at me!

13. defunct32

defunct32 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Thanks for the reply! Just one more question if you don't mind; what are the skill learn when they eat up the skulls?

14. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    And I'm JCho133

15. borut

borut Member

Nov 29, 2013
    The fox gets defensive spells that prevent damage, resurrect allies, and convert skulls to rice ($).

The Salamander has a variety of damage spells, including an area of attack, and can summon Oni (enemies who randomly attack anyone nearby) for free.

The Crow is a trickster, and can use wind to knock around units, steal rice, or give allies a chance of being missed.

Lastly, the Tanuki monk can teleport units around the field, create ice puddles under enemies (ice enhances knockback, knocking a unit back off a ledge is an instant kill), a taunt that forces an enemy to only attack tanuki's next turn, and the ability to give allies a stone shield that increases their collision size & stuns any melee attackers that hit them.

Borut

16. Phairdon

Phairdon Active Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Does this game have 2v2? If so, can I make my own team? If so, is there a ladder or ranking system? Thanks. We are looking for a new game since our retirement from Outwitters

17. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    There's 2v2 and player invites. As far as I've seen there isn't a ranking system

18. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I've thought about hitting the devs with some suggestions for rankings, ladders and other competitive features, once the bugs have been summarily destroyed. Skulls could be a wonderful (and quite a bit more sophisticated, (sadly) without blundering into Ravenmark and FFT territory) competitive async replacement for and upgrade from Outwitters, Hero Academy and Haunted Mansion.

19. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Gosh if this game had a ranking system added I would be soooo happy

20. boristanoto

boristanoto Member

Dec 3, 2013
    No sign of the 1.0.1 update :(