Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 24, 2017.
Beowulf is surprisingly fun but he dies in 2 hits.
Was kind of hoping for a bigger update last month and a new character but it seems they still have a tonne of bugs to still fix.
Game is still fun so might just wait until new patch comes out to try out any new characters.
Looks like i'm the only one still playing
I stopped playing once I picked up the full console version for like $5 on a PS sale. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
FYI the new version is now live, updated the first post with the new link and new trailer but here it is again: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skullgirls/id1280762571?mt=8
I was able to log right in with my Skullgirls Login and all my data transferred over without issue. Pretty impressed actually as normally this sort of transition is a nightmare. Also got some nice rewards in my inbox. Looks great on the iPhone X now too. Overall pretty stoked
Does Skullgirls support mifi controllers?
By any chance can go play offline (no service or WiFi) against computers with the new app?
This game is pure garbage.
Who the f thought it was a good idea for a 1v1 fighting game to be 100% unbalanced? Freemium pay2win RPG 1v1 fighter? It's like playing Street Fighter with a 20% HP handicap, but you can whip out your wallet and increase all your damage/HP by 10x! The paywall in this game is so f-cking ridiculous. I literally played for ONE HOUR before the first paywall popped up. Opponents literally have 3-4 times more HP than you and does 3-4 more damage, what the f-ck? You literally get ONE-SHOTTED in one unstoppable combo by your enemies. How to level up your characters? Either buy IAPs to level your fighters to like max level within 2 minutes, or grind for maybe a whole day to get 1 frickin level because of the stupid ENERGY SYSTEM. Yes each fight gives you maybe 10% exp to the next level, and you can fight maybe 5 times before "energy" runs out. How much does your character improve for each level? Absolutely negligible amount obviously.
This is how your AI scale in level compared to you:
- Stage 1: you're slightly higher level than AI
- Stage 2: roughly equal stats
- Stage 3: you're already underleveled/undergeared
- Stage 4: prepare to get your ass kicked Dark Souls style cause enemies will literally one-shot you
"Levels" in this game are displayed as cumulative "points" for whatever reason. The moment I saw my characters only have roughly 250-300 points each, and enemies have like f-cking 600, I just uninstalled the app.
Never liked to mobile version of this and wanted to try it on other platform. Its two pack (for pc) is $1 on fanatical. Even though they say playerbase is pretty limited for PROPER PvP at least I’m not going to play against AI.
The game was shut down for a couple of days due to some problems with their servers and a ton of people, including me, lost their account data. It's back up and they gave everyone a free gold and a ton of 'loot boxes' and currency for compensation.
Ended up being better off than what I lost in the first place with 4 Gold characters and 4 silver characters. Not exactly mad about that. I think it's the last day they are awarding the "We're sorry" package so this is a good time to jump in and try Skullgirls if you were on the fence.
I was actually about to give up on the game since the difficulty ramps very quickly and it was hard to progress with just bronze characters. Now I'm fired up and blazing through content I couldn't clear before, and actually enjoying the game.
thanks for the heads up. logged in to get a gold and silver character and 500 crystals and some gold. I will probably start playing again when they add MissFortune as i think she is the last skullgirl missing.
For those who havent tried this game, I can recommend to give it a go. It is free so you have nothing to lose. It is a fun game... for a while. The trick is to get your account to level 20+ so you can access prize fights and daily challenges to grind for gems via dailies.
The touch control is very smooth, no delay and no framerate issue like Street Fighter 4 CE. Collecting and levelling up your fighters is fun and addictive. It is also very F2P, I have not spent a single dollar on the game and I've got 4 gold and 50+ silvers, all from gems earned from dailies and completing campaign missions (only just finished all the medium difficulty campaign).
The drawbacks of the game, there's a few.
- There is a fighter tier list. They did take a page from the gacha cookbook, some fighters are just better than others, even before taking into account their rarity/FS. For example, Beatbox Bigband is probably the best bronze fighter, and after you promote him to silver or even gold, he can solo most fighters that are 2-3 times his FS if you unlock all of his special slots and equip him appropriately.
- Prize fight is basically the endgame. However, to get to the top or even second highest bracket for the gold character rewards, it's A LOT of grinding. We're talking 10+ hours per every 3 days. Also after 7+ wins, the AI teams you fight against is about 5x your team's FS, which is often impossible to beat (especially when they all have unlockable BB3). I've played the game for 4+ months, with access to lots of good fighters, and read up on any tips I can find on PF, and still havent found any other way to reduce the grinding, other than improving the FS of your fighters (a very slow process).
- You only ever fight AI, so it may get boring after a while (which is probably the main reason why I stopped playing).
- Throwing money at the game... isn't that effective. Gems costs a lot of money, we're talking ~$50 USD for 10+1 pulls (1000 gems). Anyone can earn the equivalent amount of gems with a week of playing from dailies. Also, there's no guarantee you'll get gold (the published rate is 1/3 gold per 10+1 pulls, or 1 per every 3x 10+1 pulls you do). So, throwing a bit of money doesnt necessarily get you anywhere. You need to throw a lot of money.
So I'm playing this now on google play. I love it, it plays so smooth.
I'm playthroughing Basic Story Mode before I even dare to touch on other fight modes, for a sense of continuity.
It's going good so far. Sweeped through up until a fire type miniboss Downtown before the Casino. Training a water type to lvl 20 now before I advance.