Universal Skullgirls (by Hidden Variable/Autumn Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 24, 2017.

1. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    To be honest, I didn't know she was playable. :confused:

2. Cellsai

Cellsai Member

May 30, 2017
    Eliza is not officially available yet. There was one Eliza Prize Fight event a couple of days before the Hard Launch, so a handful of people have her. Most folks couldn't complete the treasure missions in that Eliza event, so don't worry about them.

3. roninld

roninld Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Been playing this for a bit and I am enjoying. Nice for bite sized playtimes that sometimes expand to much longer.

Anyway I got a handful of silver characters now but no gold. I've done 2 of the 10+1 pulls for 1000 crystals.

Is it good to upgrade a bronze up to silver? Not sure if it's worth it.

4. wex

wex New Member

Jul 25, 2016
    Some of the story missions require very strong bronze so you may want to take care of those before evolving any. However, some of the bronze have nice abilities that are worth carrying forward, and you can still upgrade their tree for the bronze price. I have Cerebella Understudy at silver because I use throws a lot, and thanks to her filled out skill tree she's actually even stronger than most of my golds.

5. brybry

brybry Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Anyone else having problems with some of the hit boxes on enemy characters during the tail end of animations? If the enemy misses or gets their special attack blocked, they should be vulnerable to my next attack and yet it seems like the enemy is able block mid way through my attack or just simply disregard my attack and basic combo attack me. It's getting a bit frustrating especially when you don't get that same luxury of blocking an AI mid attack.

6. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Who is your least favorite toon to fight? Mine is Big Band. He always seems to get the best of me.

7. Emm3rs

Emm3rs New Member

Jun 17, 2017
    Hard critics and tough sells

Well I just gotta say don't forget this is an iOS game we are talking about here not a pic or PlayStation or what have you.
    This game is my largest app as of now . There're a still people out there who still have like iPhone 5c's with only 8gb of total data so my guess is they had that in mind when they created the game and decided which characters to put in and levels and all that . :eek::p

8. roninld

Mar 30, 2011
    Last event I got 680K points. My reward was a gold painwheel. Not sure if hitting that is a guaranteed gold or not but I am going to try and get that again this event. Lots of grinding though.

I have a decent sized collection of silver but this is my first gold card.

Anyway, enjoying the game for what it is.

9. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Saved up for a week and got the 10+1 relics this morning and got all bronze.

Ugh!!!

10. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I won a $10 in-app purchase for this game from the dev., haven't received it yet though. Wonder if I can get anything decent with it.

11. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    #131 spleen, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    I've only ever done the single relic at a time, but based on everyone else posting I get the feeling I've been reasonably lucky. This isn't all my pulls. In the beginning I was dumping duplicates in to the main character to power them up, but now they're more useful to hold on to for power-leveling to get more skill points.

Now I'm just saving up my crystals for the character specific relics to try get the exclusive golds. As far as I can tell I have every character currently available from the regular relic.

No money spent yet, the f2p in this game is crazy generous - there aren't even ads.

12. roninld

Mar 30, 2011
    That sucks. I've done 3 of th 10+1 pulls. Last pull only got 1 silver. Never only had bronzes though.

Got 1800 points last event but only placed in he 11-30% bracket. Silver Eliza and bronze. Missed gold. Oh well.

Seems like events are best place to try for golds for me at last. Have gold pain wheel and valentine from events. Hoping for gold big band this one.

13. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Did you get it?

14. roninld

Mar 30, 2011
    I did. Managed to finish top 1-10%

I was grouping my highest point card with lower points one to fight easier enemies, but I think you get more points for fighting groups with higher points. So I use my top fighters and can usually win up to around 6 fights. After that I will usually use lower tier fighters until a loss and then switch back to higher tier ones rotate through 6 wins again. Anyway hopefully that makes sense.

3 golds, bunch of silvers (regular silvers as well as evolved silvers) and bunch of bronzes.

Definitely enjoying game so far.

15. bluspacecow

bluspacecow Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4th68VejFfk

Beowulf is coming :)

16. Osterus

Osterus Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Hype!

2 months of waiting (5months since beta launcH) now first new character!!! :cool:

Hopefully won't be eliza trash tier :cool::cool:;)

17. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    Update is out. Beowulf is in the game and a new story mode on Peacock.

Edit: And more importantly... a much better icon!!!!!!

18. roninld

Mar 30, 2011
    Anyone still playing?

I took a break before update hit but looks like I'll be back on that grind.

Not sure about player base but I was able to consistently hit top 10% to get the gold event award. Still fun game. Just wish there was an inventory boost you could buy or something.

19. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    On the Skullgirls mobile forums they mentioned they were going to look in to the 300 move storage. It took a lot of effort to clear out space for Beowulf's moves...

Also on the event rewards, they changed it so you need to at least reach the third level of rewards to be considered for the ranked reward. I assume the majority of players were doing one or two Prize Fights then giving up, so anyone that put in even a slight effort was in the top 10%. We'll see if my usual 3~4 million for gold and 1.5~2 million for silver still cuts it.

Epix Sax nerfs hurt a bit more than I thought they would.

20. roninld

Mar 30, 2011
    3rd level? I always max gold rewards and try to max silver time permitting. I'm around same 3-4 gold level so hopefully it gets me the gold Beowulf.

Read about Epic Sax nerf but he still seems great to me. But I definitely don't consider myself high level player.