Universal Skullgirls (by Hidden Variable/Autumn Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 24, 2017.

1. Puke Pile

Puke Pile Member

Jan 15, 2015
    Eliza seems kinda meh to me so far. Sekhmet isn't very useful because the AI can just easily block all of her attacks, even if you send her out mid-combo. I hope there's a way to get more moves from her eventually that isn't another 3 day event that only offers a taunt and burst unless you finish at the absolute top, which you won't because you can't compete with people who started with a soft launch months ago.

I have not spent any money on IAP but from what I've seen opening about 20 premiere relics obtained through level completion rewards and free gem usage there's definitely no way I'd ever do it, and I enjoy this game. I've never once even pulled a silver character from a relic, it's all bronze junk and the XP you get from sacrificing them doesn't even make a dent once a card is past like level 5. The drop rates are absolute garbage. I have three silvers, two of them from prize fights and one from "Shard to Get" relic that guarantees at least a silver. Imagine dropping even 5 bucks to open two boxes and all you get is Rerun Peacock twice, the character you get for free at the start of the game.

2. bastian.walker

Dec 19, 2016
    #62 bastian.walker, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
    This game desperately needs 2 things right now. A reasonable way to farm XP, and to drop the 100% completion restriction on unlocking story modes. I can't progress when I'm stuck at Basic 97% because I don't have a 780 Bronze Painwheel.

Right now I'm logging in, dying 3 times to a turtling pair of 775 Big Bands with my Bronze Cerebella, then logging out and not playing. I can't move on to Advanced until I beat them, and the game has needlessly restrictive battle rules. That's not very fun.

3. cakewalker

cakewalker Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Considering this game exists in a non ftp/aip version. His isn't worth my time. Would have gladly paid premium.
    Sad that it's possible on all platforms except iOS

4. cakewalker

Jan 17, 2015
    The game exist in full for $20 on vita. The console it self can be bought for in between 60-120 second hand.

It's actually crossbuy so will work on PS4 too.

Imho this port is a disgrace

5. bastian.walker

Dec 19, 2016
    #65 bastian.walker, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
    Why does the AI stay in place at range, do a couple of whiffed single hit moves, then somehow predicively read and counter my dash-in with a standing full combo into aerial juggle? Nobody does a standing full combo from range. Yet the AI just "decides" to do it at the exact moment I commit to my dash attack, after nobody was in hit-confirm range for 3-4 seconds?

Maybe Soft-launch was the right time to get into this. The game is non-stop frustration at the moment.

Edit: And now there's a "No Big Band" modifier at the end of Area 3 Advanced? Why? Big Band is my only gold, and this one is 2770. I'll never beat this unless I pull another non-dupe gold. Can we change this gated progression, please? It's so frustrating. This is not fun, it's just tedious.

6. Osterus

Osterus Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Have you opened any premiere relics?

It's so strange so many people are struggling...

I feel like they aren't either:

1) Upgrading silver characters
    2) Aren't opening up any premiere relics (100gems) with the free gems they give you or through the daily rewards.

A trick to good EXP is to play PRIZE EVENT. This is the only true way to LEVEL your characters for EXP!!!

Once you get ONE silver character, you need to constantly play PRIZE event to get her level 30+++. Otherwise, you will not be able to move on story mode etc.

Your welcome!@ :D

BTW, you can play 5 minute bursts. Play 5 minutes and upgrade all 3 silvers, then stop playing for 2 hours, then play 5 minutes in Prize event again. Your silvers will be 30+ in no time!

7. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    also, a hint:

don't spend any gems on "moves"

You can get free gold blockbusters and moves in the daily events.

8. ikaslika

ikaslika Active Member

Mar 18, 2017
    good game and addictive,i need more free time for this #

9. bluspacecow

bluspacecow Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
    Technically Skullgirls Mobile isn't the same game as Skullgirls Encore , Skullgirls 2nd Encore or the original Skullgirls. While it uses the some art and animations as 2nd Encore it's been remixed and re-built from the ground up.

Proof :

http://skullheart.com/index.php?threads/skullgirls-mobile-general-faq.9118/

See above. It's not a port. It's a remix.

10. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    I finally got my first gold! It's going to take a while to upgrade, though. Are Daily Events the best way to get skill points?

11. bluspacecow

May 3, 2012
    With the multiple energy types I've been levelling just fine using Event Mode and Prize Fights

The trick with Prize fights is being aware that subsequent battles will throw you up against teams with higher battle scores then the last. So anticipate that and change team members around before the next battle.

If it's the stage I think your talking about I did that with Rusty (a Bronze Pinwheel) after I did some upgrades on her in her skill tree. Brought her the Pinwheel's character ability "Flight Risk" as well as her signature ability "Bleed for me". Then maxed out the damage part of her skill tree to the third tier (IE brought all damage things on Tier 1 , Tier 2 and Tier 3) Then went in used Flight Risk to fly up then just kept hitting them pulling in some blockbuster moves when I could.

Was it making the Bronze Cerebella a requirement ? Maybe you should upgrade her a bit ? Her character ability is "Balancing Act" which makes cause enemies to become staggered on a Throw Break. Maybe you could equip a throw break move as well as a Burst move. Then when they are staggered get in with a Blockbuster or two.

12. bluspacecow

May 3, 2012
    #72 bluspacecow, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
    PSA : Don't forget to buy your toon's character abilities & signature abilities

These are abilities that are unique to that character and unique to that version of the character. In fact IMHO these make the characters into classes and the individual versions of each characters into separate characters by themselves. These can make for some extremely lethal character/move combinations.

For example Peacock's character ability is "The Hole Idea". Swipe down and she disappears into a hole , dodging the attack. You can then either wait for her to come out ... or you can swipe right for her to jump out of the hole punching your opponent.

So my battle sequence with her is bomb-bomb-hide-swipe right-fight-bomb(when off cooldown)-repeat. If my blockbusters are ready I use "Impending Doom" to drop some heavy objects then follow up with "Argus Agony" while they're stunned.

Blocking observations

The AI super blocking can be annoying. Here's some tips past that :
    * Swipe down with two fingers to throw them. Then while dazed hit em with a blockbuster or special move!
    * My Big Band (Bassline) appears to be insanely good at throwing them. Swipe twice , the bell comes down. I've won fighters against tough opponents just using this move.
    * When they're tagging in another opponent is a really good time to use a blockbuster or special XD
    * Don't forget the value of Burst moves. Burst then try to get in past their guard.
    * The devs have acknowledged the AI is a little tough at the moment. They're working on a balance patch to alleviate that.

13. bluspacecow

May 3, 2012
  14. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    also, if you guys have a peacock

back dash and shoot the enemy the MOMENT they rush towards you.

TRICK: If you hit the attack gun icon 3 times, it will shoot 3 times!!!

Really neat trick for any new peacock players! Really fun too to shoot the enemy as they are dashing towards you (note: does not work well with big Band)

15. bluspacecow

May 3, 2012
    Don't forget Prize Fights :p

16. bluspacecow

May 3, 2012
    Also from that thread :

http://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/ai-turtling.61/page-2#post-821

The AI getting "stuck" in super block mode is a bug. That balance patch can't come soon enough :p

17. cakewalker

Jan 17, 2015
    Yes ok, you are correct.

Gameplay is as good as identical though..
    The biggest difference, correct me if I am wrong, is the iap.

I just think it's a shame. The game is still fun, I get that but, imho the iap really ruined this version.

It's these kinda versions of games which give mobile gaming it's bad name.

18. cakewalker

Jan 17, 2015
    Fair enough if you enjoy this game :). My point is, it could be so much better if we didn't cut of the legs with iap all the time

19. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Got my first gold: Harlequin Cerebella. Any good?

20. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    One of the strongest :D