Universal Skullgirls (by Hidden Variable/Autumn Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 24, 2017.

1. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    [​IMG]

2. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Will more playables like Ms Fortune and Squigly be added later?

3. Puke Pile

Puke Pile Member

Jan 15, 2015
    One thing that I think would help leveling a little is if you got partial XP even if you lose a fight. As it is right now, losing a fight is extremely costly because you get absolutely nothing for it and you're out 3 or 4 energy squares for your fighters and the five minutes it took for you to watch your fighters get battered by the cheap AI.

4. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

Really loving this game. The only other game I played similar on iOS is the marvel one, conquest of champions I think it's called, and that was a while ago. I think this is so much better during the actual fighting. Only problems I have are getting enough money to upgrade and then actually getting enough exp to keep up with the story.

5. fourren

fourren New Member

Jun 20, 2015
  6. Cellsai

Cellsai Member

May 30, 2017
  7. Osterus

Osterus Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    haha!
    that's how i felt when i got her too!
    her moves are great - some of them are throws and unblockable

you used to get 5% exp but not sure why they removed it :eek:

8. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i suspect some kind of argument with the publishers. I mean, it was just fine right before hard launch, and the last week they release a patch to make the player's life more difficult.

With the argument "players would finish the planned content too fast" ? Boo hoo. The content in this type of games are weekly events, challenges, specials etc - like the prize fights and the daily events. Not the story, not the main chances for the players to get some gold characters so they are able to progress the story and compete in said events. This argument made no sense, and it was either bad judgement from the devs or the publishers gearing it all towards the whales who would spend sweet tons of $$ to compete with the maxed out softlaunchers.

I mean, if you drive your playerbase away and keep 100 whales, they are bound to leave too, because who will they lord it over? If you must f2P, apply some economics from Supercell and Gamevil, NOT EA and Gameloft.

9. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Marketing
    Berlin Germany
    Annoying Level Up Bug. I lost many times the progress from my fighters. Sometimes gives the points back.

10. Cellsai

Cellsai Member

May 30, 2017
    Here you go:
    http://forum.skullgirlsmobile.com/threads/official-fighter-relic-loot-rates.213

11. bluspacecow

bluspacecow Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
    @Cellsai Welcome to Touch Arcade :)

I see you listed as Staff on skullheart.com . Are you one of the devs or just a community manager ?

12. Cellsai

Cellsai Member

May 30, 2017
    Thanks! Alas, nothing so grand. I'm just an excessive Skullgirls fan and humble volunteer mod on the forums. Since the devs are active over there I just like to pass out important info to some other central info places that I come across :)

13. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    Leveling up does not currently refresh energy.

In fact, your level gets back-leveled to 99% and it takes 1 more fight to refresh the energy and properly level up.

It's been posted numerous times in the forums and still has not been fixed.

I believe this game has a tiny staff as it takes years between bug posts to the time it takes to fix certain bugs. But it is what it is.

:)

14. furredd

furredd Member

Jun 24, 2016
    when having two of the same gold character like 2 x Harlequin Cerrabella, better to sacrifice one for power up the other one ? any benefits having two of the same ?

15. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    Just level both!

They are needed for Prize Event - you can only use golds and silvers for the gold prize! It's nice to have a huge Gold Fighter/Silver Fighter pool for energy reasons. NEVER power one up because you get next to nothing exp.

So how many golds does everyone have so far? :)

16. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    Only got 1 gold so far, but a decent amount of silvers. It should be enough for the gold prize fights, if I decide to go tryhard :p

17. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    #97 EightRooks, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    Hugely enjoying this. Yes, it is flawed, yes, it could do with some tweaks to the AI, yes, it is borderline unfair at times - and weirdly, pathetically easy at others - but it's the best fighter anyone's ever done on a touchscreen by miles, and a far, far better game than Injustice 2. Matches flow much more like a "proper" console game, it's far more generous with premium currency and whatnot, it's relatively easy to get to a point where you can play for hours on end if you want to by rotating fighters and switching modes, and the content - while still padding to an extent - feels much more engaging (it makes much better use of modifiers and different conditions and so on). I've only pulled four silvers out of fifteen total fighters so far and just completed Basic Chapters 1 & 2 at 100%, but... I don't really care if I never manage to do Advanced or Expert, this has still given me much more entertainment than a whole bunch of full-price PC titles have managed. It's far from perfect, sure, and some of the complaints have definite merit, but I still think it's a genuinely great game and one of my highlights this year so far.

EDIT: Oh, the no GameCenter thing ticks me off as well. Sorry, I'm not using my Google+ account, I don't have Facebook (and probably wouldn't use that either) and I'm not signing up for Line... shame, I'd love to be able to back up my save, but I don't like the game enough to hand it my personal data just like that. Oh well.

18. furredd

furredd Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Thank for your reply.

Currently have 5 x Parasitic Weave Filia (pulled 3 from 10+1 premier relic)
    Epic Sax, Eliza from the event and Valentine. So total would be 8.

But I find that the game is getting repeatative, keep on grinding for event with the same fighting style to match the AI blocking mechanism. Also it used a lot of battery on my iPhone 5s and frequent crashes too. IMO, eventually everyone will have all type of gold characters, but it will differes in the stats (focus on atk/ HP/ crit.. etc)

19. Osterus

Feb 12, 2011
    Yes agree.

This game is sorely lacking in the content department.

The fact they only have 8 characters out says A LOT about the amount of people working on the game. Plus only 5 missions/acts.

Still the best fighter on ios and would be hugely more successful if they actually had a marketing department to fix stuff like the App Icon. Seems like a very small team working on this game.

Pity.. they could have made a great game into the BEST game.

edit: holy crap, 3 parasite weaves out of your 10 relic pull! congrats!

reminds me of my first pull a few months ago :D

20. bluspacecow

bluspacecow Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
    #100 bluspacecow, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    Don't forget that those 8 characters have multiple variations , each with their own unique signature ability. And from what I've seen in the forums on both the skull girls site and the skull girls mobile site there is more content coming for mobile.