Universal Skullduggery! (by Clutch Play Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 8, 2014.

1. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you so much for your great story. I'm interested if your designer has anything interesting to say.

2. TheBigBoots

TheBigBoots Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Producer / Co-Founder
    Portland, OR
    Thanks and Promo Codes

Hi Everyone, I'm one of the ClutchPlay team. First and foremost, I just wanted to say thank you so much for all the support we've been seeing in the forums. The last couple days have been pretty overwhelming so seeing all these supportive comments has been incredible. Thank you so much!

I'm sorry I didn't do this yesterday but things got a little crazy so I wanted to drop in some promo codes today:

KALTKX3M4PWY
    FLL6JM9NTEET
    JWMHLTN3JTFR
    9NN9XWXM6NXM

I'll try to throw in a few more tomorrow as well at around noon PST.

Again, thank you so much for all your great feedback!

3. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Took FLL6JM9NTEET.

Thanks!

4. nippyjun

nippyjun Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    9NN9XWXM6NXM used. Thanks!

5. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    Wow, can´t believe my luck with all the lurkers here :)
    Took KALTKX3M4PWY

Thank you very much and a splendid weekend to everybody!

6. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    All redeemed

7. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    picked this up past night and was so impressed I'm now working my way through Little Chomp.

8. jcworsley

jcworsley Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Game design
    Portland, OR
    Heh, designer here. While I am an avid fan of horror films, it was nothing quite so colorful. :)

We spent a lot of time iterating on the fling mechanic as Bernie mentioned. After we dropped the skeleton we just needed a good excuse to make the skull self-propelled. We briefly thought of just having the skull flingable from hand to hand, but it was too limiting, so I just needed a light-bulb moment, which came in the form of a vision of the elastic brain after a long day of prototyping back in December.

I almost dismissed it right away as too weird or grotesque, but I mocked it up anyway, and we found that it made people instantly intrigued. Fortunately, with our cartoony style, it comes across more absurd and silly than gross. And it neatly solved the first problem, a decent excuse for the skull to navigate autonomously!

9. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    That was so interesting on how the game evolved and everything just seemed to work out with your ingenious idea. Thank you for sharing that with us. :)

10. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Having the same problem trying to download on my iPad. Was able to save (upload) from my iPhone fine but downloading fails on iPad.

11. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Meh, pretty cool, but rlly not tht much fun. Idk, I cld b wrong. Just may not be for me.

12. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#72 Anotherkellydown, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
    Yep. Sounds like the same exact thing I was experiencing. The developer PM'd me suggesting I make sure the game was set up on iCloud in the settings app. ( Settings > iCloud > Documents & Data > make sure Skullduggery! Is there and turned on ). I checked all this on both iPad and iPhone and they were all set. Even deleted and reinstalled the game as well as closing and opening the app, using wifi, and using cellular data. Nothing has worked.

Edit: Now its working. Not sure what the deal was with that...

I was having a hard time with the timed stages (ie the first boss) but then I realized that as long as you're lining up your shot, the time slows way down. Made things a lot easier. Really top notch game, guys.

13. Oka-mi

Oka-mi Active Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Enjoying this one a lot!
    Though, the only thing that bugs me a little is the lack of some sound effects - from a design standpoint, it's very weird how there's no sound effect when pulling on the skull to fling it, or when the skull hits a surface or rolls around. Kind of lacks feedback on that regard.

But still, highly recommended.

14. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Yes, an elastic stretching sound effect wld be very apropos, to say the least. +I

15. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    hmm first I thought it was iOS 8.1 beta , but I reverted back to 8.02 and have the same problem. On both my 5S and my Ipad 4 I can not get into the options, as soon as I press the options button on the first screen I get kicked to my iPhone /ipad homescreen immediately , effectively meaning that I can not use the options. No one else experiencing this problem ? my specs : iPhone 5S 16 GB , iOS 8.0.2 using Iclouddrive and Ipad 4 16 GB , IOS 8.0.2 , obviously also using iCloud drive.

Strange thing is that the game functions perfectly, just the option button ging the problem. Reinstalling the app , restarting the phone etc did not help

16. TheBigBoots

Oct 31, 2012
    Producer / Co-Founder
    Portland, OR
    More Promo Codes

As promised, here are three more codes:

9JAJ7YXYAMHX
    NP6XPKTYK4FY
    EA47LWA4MPN9

I'm down to my last few so this may need to be it for a while until we submit a new build.

Thanks everyone!

17. TheBigBoots

Oct 31, 2012
    Producer / Co-Founder
    Portland, OR
    Thanks for the info Breinstein and sorry you're having issues. We're looking into this and will hopefully get to the bottom of this soon.

18. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    EA47LWA4MPN9
    Thanks!

19. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Phew! Was refreshing the page for a few minutes, then got a phone call right before you posted the codes. Bagged NP6XPKTYK4FY. Thanks. :)

20. TheBigBoots

Oct 31, 2012
    Producer / Co-Founder
    Portland, OR
    Hahah, nice! Right in under the wire. Hope you enjoy it!