Universal Skullduggery! (by Clutch Play Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 8, 2014.

1. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Insta buy unique game, totally worth every penny, very challenging and fun! Love its art style! Love skulls!

2. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    The art is cool and it looks like a game I'd like but I'm nervous about being chased while trying fling the skull around with any precision.

I'm afraid it will be one of those games that gets too difficult too quick and ill get more frustration than fun out of it.

I wish the devs (any devs really) would realize that the new player hasn't been playing daily builds for three months straight like them and not make the difficulty only appropriate - for the devs themselves - ... if that makes any sense ;-)

3. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    On ios 8.1 beta 2 ( Iphone 5S ) the game crashes to the homescreen when i press the options button . i know that's the risk of using betas, so i's just a heads up

4. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I'm with you regarding the challenge. I've developed some major problems with my thumbs, so I can't play intense games anymore. I was hoping this wouldn't be terribly difficult, but it seems like I'll have to skip it, which sucks. Looks like an awesome pick up and play game, unlike Banner Saga which commands your attention.

5. dav9000

dav9000 Member

Mar 26, 2013
    iPhone 6 plus

Anyone knows if it's optimized for iP6+?

6. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Hope your thumbs heal. I had pain in the base of both my thumbs a while back and naturally the Dr claimed it was arthritis... after X-rays etc that proved NOT to be the case and after I learned not to use them much at all for a month the pain went away and never came back.

So don't give up hope... they get a lot of use and get inflamed. Often just ibuprofen and restricting your movement will let them heal.

7. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    It was after I had played the first 8 levels of this game including a boss fight that I went looking for more information about the guys who have created a masterclass in iOS game design. That's when I realised that I had played something from them before. Little Chomp [0.99$] is an excellent game. Skullduggery! [$4.99] is better.

First of all, the price. I can sit here all day writing about app store pricing, but I won't. What I will say is that as far as I'm concerned, for me, the game is worth every penny. Or cent, rupee, whatever currency you like. And if the developer decides to drop the price soon after release because of poor sales, I certainly wouldn't hold it against them. Don't get me wrong, of course I would be annoyed. But my annoyance would be aimed at the App Store in general, among other things.

If you've played Little Chomp, you'll be right at home with the one touch slingshot control in Skullduggery! In fact the control in this game feels even better because you can touch any side of the screen that's comfortable for you. While your Skull is in the air if you touch the screen again everything will slow down so you can aim. It's a control scheme that works very well and feels perfect for touch screens.

There are 3 Worlds (with a 4th World coming soon), each with 8 levels. Every level has primary and secondary objectives to earn. Primary objectives are collecting coins and finding assets hidden in chests. Collecting coins will unlock more levels in 'Head to Head' mode. Secondary objectives vary between hitting springs, finishing the level within a certain amount of time, hitting helping hands, finding jewels. In the first World some of these things were hidden in secret places, you'll need to explore to find everything. Completing secondary objectives earn you stamps which go towards unlocking different playable Skulls. I love how each skull has a different look when you pull the head back, such a small thing but probably took a lot of work. The Bean's Quest quest Skull is my current favourite, I look forward to unlocking more. :)

There's also a single device 2 player 'Head to Head' mode. There are 2 skulls on the screen, with one player using the left side of the screen and the other right, in a race to collect the most coins and treasure. It works well and I can see this being a big hit with fans of single device multiplayer games. There are currently 6 unlockable levels for this mode.

The music and art are excellent. There are boss fights. The game is challenging, has replayability and is just incredibly fun. No IAP. There's a lot more to say about Skullduggery! but it's better to discover these things for yourself. Besides, I'm crap at writing, which is why I don't do it very often. If you do decide to buy this I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

There are Game Center leaderboards and achievements.

I played using an iPad Mini 2, on 8.0.2

Installed size is 194 MB.

8. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    awesome review ####

9. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Seems you're not as bad at writing as you think ;) Anyway, I am going to buy this, as I stated earlier, I'm just curious what are the leaderboards for/how many? I'm at work so I can't download it just yet, I'm just wondering if they lend to replayability in that you can either speedrun to get a better time or get bigger combos etc. for a better score? Thanks :)

10. Shaban

Shaban Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Game developper
    Geneva
    A great game I think, going to try it :)

11. rskogl2

rskogl2 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 13, 2014
    Yes. It looks and works amazing on iPhone 6+.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Welp...absolutely no reason for me to have to make a long post about why this game is bloody brilliant and a total steal at $4.99. Well done Andy...well done.

13. rskogl2

rskogl2 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 13, 2014
    #33 rskogl2, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    Great review. There is also iCloud saves.

14. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I'm only three levels in...freaking awesome polished and fun game !
    Looks good, sounds good, plays good. And it gets challenging more and more, no walk in the park to achieve all goals in one go (hardly possible, i guess). There is quite some playtime ahead of me, super.

Without any mega surprise release to come, and this thursday offers already
    five (!) great titles for me, this will get my vote for GOTW.

Oh yeah, the price...worth every *put in your currency* !

15. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Will buy this after my dinner :)

16. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #37 JCho133, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    Well damn Andy! You've got me on this one. I'll look into it a bit more before I dive, but it's likely. Especially since Metalcasket and Bronxsta are also giving this praise

17. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Original game, giving gamers all what they need to have fun, and yes probably the best game of the week

18. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    I so hope ign will review this with 5 stars .. I hope they will review it at least

People please support this game.. Its brilliant!! And i rarely write such stuff in this forums

19. zeratulo

zeratulo Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Lol, why?