iPad Skies of Glory - from the makers of F.A.S.T.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 16, 2009.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    So, when you go to a restaurant, I assume that you buy everything on the menu. Only them you would say that you had a full meal.:rolleyes:

2. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
  3. johnwayne

johnwayne Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Germany
    really nice flight game. made the tutorial mission and a quick multiplayer game. like it so far, but i'm missing someting in multiplayer.

If i hit someone and i am not the one who kills him, i don't get any points. It would be better if i get some kind of "Assist-Points" for creating some damage. If someone kills him and i gave my assist to damage his plane it should popup a little number, like "+3", "+5" points, depending on how heavy i have hit him.

4. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

guys, i dont think you're meant to purchase all the DLC.
    i think it's just there for the people who want it, not for compulsory.

anyway, the app is free! whats wrong with that?it's like people complaining about seed's DLC, even though seed is free! it's completely absurd(imho)

5. gelas_plastik

gelas_plastik Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    well, personally I think the comparison you've given earlier can be argued ..

what about this one .. let say global market price for this particular sedan car is $10000 .. now, there's another car manufacturer offering similar car free for you, BUT it has only two front tyres, you can still drive it (it's a front wheel drive :D ), and then, they told you if you want the rear tyres, you have to pay a small fee of $28000 inclusive of all the nuts, bolt and labour ..

which one will you buy eh?

6. heffdog116

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    I am finding the plane very difficult to control. I calibrated my device and put the sensitivity down a little bit. Maybe I am not used to Flight games, but I am having trouble shooting down the boxes after the balloons.

7. zamansimba

zamansimba Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    I will buy canabalt

8. gelas_plastik

Oct 5, 2009
    to be frank, I'm comparing this with H.A.W.X for example .. HAWX is a full game at 7 bucks ..

now, what does SOG has that actually cost 21 bucks more than HAWX?

why I'm so particular on this? because personally I think this pricing trend is quite scary .. it'll take the best out of appstore ..

9. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    The things you can say in multiplayer is hilarious! I just kept tapping 'I AM A BEAST!' and 'OWNED!', really funny. I had a game and it was kind of hard to get kills as we all span round and round trying to shoot at each other. I wish they gave more planes though. FAST sells at 0.99 and has tons of planes.

10. upsidedown

upsidedown Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Good to know that.

When I started playing online multiplayer it said, Free for a limited time or something like that. NOT GOOD.

11. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    You're against piracy but you still don't think developers deserve to earn a living wage? You're not supposed to buy ALL of the DLC, just buy 7 bucks worth and make it equal to HAWX if you're not happy.

12. gelas_plastik

Oct 5, 2009
    againts piracy doesn't mean that I have to agree with whatever dev do .. and I understand DLC is there to fight againts piracy, doesn't mean that it should be abused for more money ..

I bought HAWX already .. and if SOG has the right pricing scheme, I'll buy it for sure ..

I guess one more thing is about personal preferences, I don't like incomplete things in my idevice .. I have 100+ over games, none of them lite one .. I bought every single of them just for the sake to have a complete games with me .. don't even have time to play even 10 of them yet :D ..

13. heffdog116

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    I just played an online game with 8 others. It was a lot of fun but a little too hectic for me. As soon as I found someone to kill, I would zoom right by them, or slow down to shoot but than get killed. All in all, good fun, but doubt I will be purchasing the MP dlc when it is no longer free. For those who are used to plane games, you will love this one!

14. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    The gameplay itself is good. But it's tutorial, then one short campaign mission then it's all over (unless you are prepared to splash out the cash).
    I'm really not down with all this DLC crap.
    I just want to pay a fixed price and have all the content.

15. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Game is awesome for sure and i am not one to complain about DLC so I wont. It is what it is and it is what it will be. I will purchase what I want and be content with it even though I may not agree with how the DLC divided up. Sure they could have had more content within this free release but this is not the case...Oh well.

I do agree that the Devs could have have like 1 mission pack with all/additional missions and 1 plane pack with all/additional planes at a certain price. That's on them. Some will buy it all and let it collect dust after some time and there are people like me that will get what i know i will make use of. I cant complain because this is how they maintain their overhead costs as well as keep food on the table.

Let's enjoy the game and not bitch about focus on the negatives of DLC pricing. ;)

16. CryptoF

CryptoF Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Londinium
    That's nice, but it's funny that the only two companies that I am aware of that are heavy on the DLC model (i.e. SGN and ngmoco) are VC-backed. It has obviously been seen as the model with the biggest investor "upside" on the iPhone. The problem is, many consumers don't seem to like it...

17. YOMANx

YOMANx Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Game Developer
    LOL FREE? just lie.
    Downloadable Content-not free
    multiplayer will be to NOT FREE.. so BS systeam…

I can pay for game but i dont want pay for CONTENTS,WEAPONS, PLANES, MULTIPLAYER…

ps multiplayer work good but it's gameplay suck with sh1t guns et c...

18. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    So basically SGN is giving you some barebones (like a laptop) and you basically customize the game to suit your needs, do you want more planes to collect? Do you want more dogfight missions? It's like a build your own game but I think charging for Local Wifi and Bluetooth Multiplayer is a bit much. I guess it saves you money so you don't actually waste 'em on missions you hate.

19. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Another would be awesome game ruined by unfair DLC. It's really a shame. DLC was allowed to let customers buy extra content for games they liked, not give players unfair advantages by buying better stuff

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Exactly. Thank you.