Netflix Skies of Chaos (by BROXCORP/Rogue Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Wall Jump Games

Wall Jump Games Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    I haven’t played Desta (kinda just fell under the radar) but I genuinely thought I had put Spritfarer on the list. Whoops!

2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    You were saying….:cool:

3. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    #23 BlueTrin, Nov 6, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2022
    I don’t understand the objective “win without power up”, what’s considered a power up?

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I feel like I’m good at Monster Train but thi game…I am not good at this game. But I’ll definitely try it out some more.

5. danieldiggle

danieldiggle New Member

Nov 7, 2022
    Male
    Hi people! thanks for trying out Skies of Chaos. We're keeping an ear out for your feedback !
    As for bugs, if you do come across any, feel free to submit them to [email protected] . I believe there's a level 10 'power up' issue that's being addressed in a hotfix in the near future. We're a tiny team, but hopefully we can resolve any issues in a timely manner! Thanks again for trying it out!

- I should clarify/introduce myself!, I'm Daniel, the artist and animator of Skies of Chaos and part of the Broxcorp team!!!

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Welcome to TA!

7. Wall Jump Games

Wall Jump Games Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    Hey Daniel! Absolutely adoring this game, been looking forward to it for years. Also managed to get Sunnyside for free a year or so ago, so just in general a huge fan of your stuff!

danieldiggle likes this.
  8. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

This is a powerup, but none appear on stage 10 so it’s a bug: 8EB64329-B35E-416D-BBD3-8425EF246FC9.jpeg

BlueTrin likes this.
  9. BlueTrin

Jun 21, 2012
    Yea I thought that’s what was a power up but like you said there is none on that stage

I think the game is good but a bit too easy.

10. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #30 macplash, Nov 7, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    @danieldiggle welcome to TA forums. Here’s my bug report so far:

- you are already aware of Level 10 glitch (defeat the boss using no power ups)
    - There are multiple levels where the 3rd star won’t unlock despite meeting the criteria for it.
    - Multiple missions are bugged: Defender (unlock all shields) requires 16 shields even though there are only 6 in-game. Dynamite (unlock all bombs) doesn’t recognize one of my bombs already unlocked - it shows 4/6 even though I got 5 bombs unlocked already).
    - Level 25 has a mid section where there are no enemies. Basically 2/3 of the whole level is just empty. Flying through it doing nothing.
    - Level 24 glitch fighting a Bearon boss with Hellfire side weapons equipped causing those homing missiles being stuck in the air until the end. Check this out:
    https://toucharcade.com/community/threads/skies-of-chaos-by-broxcorp-rogue-games.426877/#post-4289204
    - There’s a level (unfortunately I can’t remember which one from top of my head that suddenly ends (balloons pop and “completed” message appears) despite much more enemies are still coming. It’s like the opposite to level 25 where enemies are missing.

And finally (probably not a bug?), but how to complete Become Death mission? Despite almost completing the game it stays steadily at 0/100 with “trade your defeats for rewards” requirement. Dunno what that means.

One QoL suggestion: levels without shooting that requires “do not touch sides” to get 2nd and 3rd star are ridiculously difficult. Could it be possible to remove this requirement at least for a 2nd star? And keeping it for let’s say 3rd one only?

Thanks for listening. As I stated previously on multiple occasions in this thread, this game’s a masterpiece. You did a fantastic job!

11. BlueTrin

Jun 21, 2012
    #31 BlueTrin, Nov 7, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    Also I don’t seem to be able to get any rewards on the side missions where you have to just avoid the obstacles

12. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    The efficiency and effectiveness with which macplash completes games and provides bug reports and reviews is really something to behold.

macplash likes this.
  13. Anotherkellydown

Here’s my loadout. Red Revenge with Hellfires:
    0BD59490-A5AD-4D17-9F1C-2F72C7DA4A09.png
    Beat level 50 today. Been going back through to get two stars on the 3rd world and up. Three starred all of world 1 (except level 10 which is bugged) and some of world 2. Some of the levels that require killing 50% of enemies don’t seem to be triggering, even though I’m sure I’ve killed at least half the enemies. Specifically the levels with the spikey enemies that come flying at you. I’m beginning to wonder if those can be taken out with enough firepower, but I have yet to down one.

Alex DeLargest likes this.
  14. danieldiggle

danieldiggle New Member

Nov 7, 2022
    Male
    I'm guessing you mean the spikey-shield-rocket-things (there's no proper name for those!) I've added a not to our Jira (bug tracker) to check if those shields are causing an issue! Hopefully a hotfix for some other issues will be coming soon. Though the process to get our updates approved is a little convoluted!

- Also, @Anotherkellydown, would be great to know roughly how long you think you took to complete the game to level 50? thanks again for playing!

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  15. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Finished the game as well. Overall got like 130 star, upgraded my loadout to the max (which is capped at level 50), completed most of the missions (except for those that are bugged) and I have to say I had a blast with this game. Although I’m a little disappointed there’s no ending, especially considering all the funny short intros throughout the campaign. Like no ending credits, no NG+, not a single word like congratulations or anything? Feels like a missed opportunity and left some weird taste in my mouth. Anyway, despite a few bugs it’s an easy recommendation for every fan of the genre. Once all the tiny issues are ironed out this game’s going to be legendary.

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  16. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    2,5K of total power? I’m surprised you were even able to finish the game. I’m at 7.7K and thanks to combination of shield that converts impact to health and perks that increases critical chance (currently at 12%) or killing enemies giving me back energy I’m basically invincible. I guess the game needs some balancing…;)

A5735E72-8C08-488A-94A2-B2A43CE8BB87.png

17. Anotherkellydown

I was using the UFO at 7.3 but the Red Revenge seems to be a really high damage ship. I think the numbers are so low because some of its other stats are lowered in exchange for a higher firepower. The other ones I’ve been using (that are way more powered up) are the helicopter and UFO. Always with Hellfires though :D

18. Anotherkellydown

Yes, those things :p I only noticed it earlier today, but I haven’t tried using bombs on them yet. At first I figured they didn’t count towards downed enemies but I must have been mistaken. I’ll retry using bombs tonight when I get home from work. Fantastic game. Just wonderful.

I have no idea, but if I were to guess, I’d say 10-15 hours? Maybe that’s overshooting a little though (see what I did there :rolleyes:).

19. danieldiggle

danieldiggle New Member

Nov 7, 2022
    Male
    Yes, apologies for the rather abrupt end! I shouldn’t say too much.. but it wasn’t the end, there’s more to come! A few things that were pushed because of time and some new things too. May be a little while before we announce, but we’ll sort out the rough edges!

20. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    A really neat game! Just finished level 50 with 103 stars :)

my only 2 complaints: please allow us to reposition the shield and bomb buttons. It’s really hard for me to press the shield button as I control the ship with my right hand and use the left to fire the bomb. I would much prefer them both on the left side. My second issue is with the skip dialog button, because it’s positioned so low, many times the iPhone thinks I tried to close the app and the Abort/Resume menu appears. If the skip was either on top, or maybe just by holding the dialog screen, that would have been much better.