Universal Ski Safari 2 (by Sleepy Z Studios Pty Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 26, 2015.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Aaah. Thank you I missed that completely.

That makes things easier.

2. brendanwatts

brendanwatts Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Game developer
    Australia
    Thanks for all the positive feedback! Glad most of you are having fun and enjoying some friendly competition. :D

For those that have given Versus a go, feel free to drop any suggestions you might have for new game modes as that's one thing we're hoping to develop more over time.

On the difficulty topic, we've done some brainstorming ourselves in response. As rich_952000 pointed out the length of the runs tie in to some of the harder challenges nicely, but we totally understand concerns about the game basically playing itself (to a degree!) Anyway this is really close to what we were thinking:

We'll see if we can squeeze something like that in the first big update!

3. Stustaff

Stustaff Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    I have to say it's not so much the speed of the Avalanche..

It's honestly the fact that it's genuinely possible for me to be half way through a run.. Get up and leave phone on table whilst I go and spend 2 minutes grabbing a drink then come back and carry that run on?

I can't think of many games were that is possible.

It just makes me as the player feel I'm incidental to events :)

Make it so a harder mode doesn't just have a 50% faster Avalanche but it has 50% less penguins and vehicles or that the Avalanche gains faster when your not on fire. Make the player have to actually do something to recover from a fall.

That's my thoughts.

4. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Ding ding ding

Fully agree that a "frantic" mode would be the answer to a lot of this. Having fun playing and all, it's just that sometimes it feels like it takes several minutes for the challenge of a run to begin. Kinda feels like I wish I could fast-forward the first 3-4 minutes to the part where not wiping out is important and the threat of being caught by the avalanche is ever-present.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose, enjoying the game nonetheless.

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The alanche is plenty fast enough especially if you want a good score as it always catches up to you. The simple easy fix to stop all the people whining is just to stop auto recovery on falling over, if you don't tap repeatedly to get up you stay down.

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    NOEN, rich...could you guys kindly delete the game off your devices and never play it again? It seems like every time I come back to the game, one of you guys is whooping my ass. Thankfully Andy isn't playing this. >_> :p

Penguin Peaks; your turn.

7. Foulf

Foulf New Member

Oct 6, 2014
    It's a great sequel ! Congratulations !

But why there is no leaderboard on the Game Center ?
    In Ski Safari 1, I spent my days checking my score on the game center :)

2 observations :
    - I need to reconnect the Game Center at each party.
    - I feel that the ranking system is skewed, because I'm currently 4th (world) with only 2.2 M, is this normal ? That sounds like too high rank on a global scale.

Thank you for this awesome game !

8. freakernet

freakernet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    That's how they making them money, when you kind of sick and tired you but IAP to overcome it, so skill is not the key all the time, that's how the indestury works

9. Stustaff

Oct 28, 2010

Or as mentioned earlier he can just use the manual camera to take a picture and not need any IAP.

Certainly haven't seen anything in this yet that wrongly forces IAP.

10. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Really loving this! Only downside is that it seems easier than the first. But then again we're all touchscreen pros around here by now so I'm sure that plays into it as well

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    That's because there IS nothing that tries to stick its hand in your pocket in SS2. Hell, even if you don't have funds to buy any of the unlockables, it doesn't give you the all too common "Would you like to head to the store to buy some coins?" bullshit in modern F2P games. Ski Safari 2 is a completely premium title in every single way.

I've already contemplated deleting freakernet's post (for wrongful infomation), but that would only raise questions. If anyone thinks it needs to be deleted, tell me and I'll take care of it.

12. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Ha ha, I haven't really had any time to play today, bout to check in though

13. millarca

millarca New Member

Oct 18, 2013
    Piano solo?

I can't even seem to start a piano solo, let alone finish one, as I need to for my last challenge of the game. The yeti plays the piano after going through a saloon, and nothing shows on the challenge progress bar, no matter how long I keep him at it without crashing and losing the piano. :confused:

14. freakernet

freakernet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    Maybe you just a better player than me :rolleyes:

15. Stustaff

Oct 28, 2010
    Well if the ability to press a button while playing the game makes me a better player then sure.

However this game certainly isn't forcing anyone to make an IAP that I have seen.

16. brendanwatts

brendanwatts Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Game developer
    Australia
    Looking into it and should have a fix out shortly!

17. rza422

rza422 Active Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Also, use eagle as starting vehicle and a blue super boost, couple of try's and you should get it!

18. erdgeist

erdgeist Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Is it only me or did anyone else like the old 2D graphics more than this "improvement"?

19. shiny

shiny Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Yes i guess you right, i liked the old 2d graphics more too, but i guess we can't fight progress
    :eek:

20. brendanwatts

brendanwatts Member

Aug 19, 2015
    Game developer
    Australia
    More like: can't fight the artist who wants to flex his 3D model making muscles ;)

To each their own though - I can understand if you like the retro sprite look more! A fancy photo mode isn't for everyone, especially if you're just in it for the gameplay. It's definitely given us a whole new set of possibilities like lots of trick variations which is harder to fit in memory when it's all 2D sprites.