Universal Ski Safari 2 (by Sleepy Z Studios Pty Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Having fun with this one. I think the difficulty could do to be a little steeper, definitely feels kind of hard to die early on. On the fence about picking up the coin doubler, as I'm not completely sure I'll still be playing it by the time I'd have earned enough coins to get anything worth the 3 bucks it costs. The game is definitely some arcade-style fun and it's addicting to get achievements and level up, and if you've got 2 bucks kicking around your iTunes account you really can't go wrong. Support premium games and pick this one up!

2. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    I really wanted to love Ski Safari, but always struggled to get into it. And I'm having the same problems with this game.

I love endless runners, and think they can work wonderfully on iOS. But this game and its predecessor just don't get for me. Mainly because they feel like they just play themselves, much more than any other endless runner I know. As an example I've just started up Ski Safari 2 and started it playing without my input at all - and I scored 78,000 and even achieved two of the objectives. It's also incredibly difficult to die...which in an endless runner on a mobile device is a bit of a pain as you quite often achieve a couple of objectives and then want/need to finish. In Jetpack Joyride I quite often force myself to die so after achieving a couple of objectives so I can do something else in the game, or when I'm interrupted.....I've quite often spent a good five minutes trying to end the game in Ski Safari 2.

Perhaps it's just me but I can see me playing a bit and deleting this game like I did the first - which annoys me as I feel I should like it..

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I think all the talk of how easy it is, is a load of rubbish. Sure it might be easy to get 100k or above/below that by some margin but can you complete all your quests at the same time? Will you ever get anywhere on the leaderboards that way? Also the minimum score just for silver is 500k so regardless of the luck your charachter has getting so far alone it means nothing.

The Avalanche will always catch you all you can do is try to prolong it with animals and boosts and the way you use your skills and places you decide to go and jump from. You could leave any endless runner running on its own the only difference is this is designed for long runs and so you don't die in 1 trip as that would be a pretty boring game with the way this one works. Whereas the others are build to be challenging from the start because if it were all easy you'd just get bored.

You can't look at this as an endless runner for me it's a variation of the type and not something you compare to sonic dash for example.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Pretty much this. I don't think people are playing long enough to realize that even some of the early quests (such as perfom 30 moves in one run) would take forever to complete had the difficulty been higher. The game's perfect as it is. The first one was too.

5. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    100% agree.

6. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I greatly enjoy both Ski Safaris (the Adventure Time reskin didn't click with me though), but i see the point that runs can get quite long.

Maybe the devs can include a frantic mode where the avalanche catches up to you much quicker. Add a simple switch where one chooses the starting animal and stuff, add leaderboards for frantic and both sides should be happy.

What do you think?

7. Stustaff

Stustaff Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    #87 Stustaff, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
    If it's possible to get a score of 150 without playing well... What's the point?
    Why have the character auto recover if he falls??
    Why not have you crash if you hit ground mid trick??
    Make it so you hold the trick and the longer you hold it the higher the score.

Silver is set at 500... Well make it so the game has some level of difficult and set silver at 250.

I'm complaining cos it's a good game but it just seems like a big unneeded flaw that it plays itself and is so easy.

The main issue it causes for me is that a run becomes too long time wise.

Seems like the actual score limiter is the multiplier, now I'm up to 5x none pressing scores are around 250k there is the occasional 70 ish.

I'm actually enjoying not playing it ;)

8. beasstt

beasstt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Houston, TX
    #88 beasstt, Aug 28, 2015
    Is there some kind of trick to doing a rock hop? I can’t seem to do one for the life of me. It looks like I’m landing right on top of the rock, but I’ll either crush it or it’ll crush me. Am I an idiot? Seems like I was always rock hopping in Alto’s Adventure. I know these games are different but it shouldn’t be that hard to do a rock hop should it?

9. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    The only issue I have with this (which applies to other runner games as well) is finding myself stuck on objectives which rely on chance rather than skill.

At the moment I've got to take a photo on a frozen mammoth and fly an eagle through a cave. Now the eagle one I know I can do its just taking time but the frozen mammoth one is so random in terms of firstly finding one and then secondly finding a camera spot that I just can't imagine doing it except purely by chance.

10. beasstt

beasstt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Houston, TX
    You can manually take photos. There is a little camera icon in the right side of the screen

11. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Well said. I see your scores on my friend list....DAMN YOU!

12. Stustaff

Oct 28, 2010
    Can we have a separate leaderboard for non touch scores?

Just got 640000, starting with the skidoo was the key.

13. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #93 rIcHrAnDoM, Aug 28, 2015
    So here's my last entry in the "too easy, not too easy" discussion. As you can see one objective get lava burns 10 times in one run, another don't touch lava for 10,000 meters! IMHO, this is no easy task... I love this game! :D

Attached Files:

14. Stustaff

Oct 28, 2010
    Agree that the challenges are not too easy but think that not dying is WAY too easy!

Come on do you really think being able to get a 640k run with no player interaction is sensible/logical/ a good thing?

And I got that the second run once I had the skidoo.

15. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I've tried getting close the best I've got on a no touch run (other than tapping to keep my screen from locking) is around 120,000 on world 2. Generally out of about 6 runs like that I've been in the 10-20 K realm

16. Stustaff

Oct 28, 2010
    I can video it if you want that one was out of the ordinary think I have done maybe ten runs total touch less.

Probably 6 around 120-250 3 50-80 and 1 massive one.

I am actually enjoying playing normally too but do find the first 2 mins pointless :)

17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Ouch sounds tough! I need to get playing more, I will over the weekend and my whole week off next week though. I meant to play earlier and spent the whole time on Sketch Breaker.

I really do like this though and my sole aim each run is getting my missions done. Can't wait to try the multiplayer though

18. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Yep, great game. Multiplayer works flawlessly. And I went ahead and paid three bucks for the coin 2x just to keep up with metalcasket!

19. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    same, dude.

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Some friendly competition going on in here. Looks like I've got my work cut out for me.