Universal Ski Safari 2 (by Sleepy Z Studios Pty Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Wasteland Rebel

Jun 4, 2015
    @brendanwatts, Android release date?

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I don't understand how anyone can come on here with a complaint, yet not be specific...

Anyhoo, L-O-V-I-N-G the game! And I've not even had the opportunity to go head to head with my girlfriend yet. As a matter of fact, I literally fell asleep playing last night. I was exhausted from my day but I had to stay up to buy it ;)

3. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I knew this was going to be good, yet I'm impressed how good it is! This game feels like an upgrade in every way from the 1st :) GOTW in my opinion! ####

4. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    AWESOME! now i will buy it for sure just wanted to make sure you guys did such a excellent job on the first game so i am excited to get this

5. Stustaff

Stustaff Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Agreed felt boring that my first run was over two minutes and I made LOTS of mistakes. I like it but WAY too easy to give me that 'one more try' feeling.

6. stainboy

stainboy Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Wage Monkey
    that comment just turned me from a "maybe" to an "instabuy". YOU HAVE MY MONEY, SIR

7. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    This game is mostly about completing goals, upgrading, and progressing. I've played numerous times now (enjoying every wacky run) and I've yet to score a silver medal; 500,000 points.

I guess the game won't be for every character, but believe me: the game has character.

8. Stustaff

Oct 28, 2010
    I think the game is good! It feels like a good book or movie that is just a bit too long. You kind of think if they shortened it a bit it would be more challenging and intense in a good way.

My third go was 300,000 points.

I guess if I compare it to other similar games I think the best ones are a quicker more challenging run... FOR ME. Others may prefer it longer of course.

Jet pack joyride would be a good comparison point for pretty much my ideal pace/difficulty

9. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Agree that this could be a little more challenging. Like if you do one of the swipe tricks, you shouldn't automatically be able to land it.

Otherwise this is a great game that took a great formula and evolved it.

10. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I had $2 left in my account, and I almost bought Geometry Dash. I figured that anything with a 5000+ page thread must be great. Thankfully, it had a lite version. Way too punishing. Would have made my blood boil.

So I used that $2 for Ski Safari 2, and I am way way happier with my purchase. Yeah, it's not as hard as other games, even same genre games like Alto's Adventure, but you said it, "the game has character." No joke. Loved the first one, knew I'd love this one, and I do.

11. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I'm pleased they didn't break what made the first one fun, I put many hours into the first one and right away this felt familiar. Almost too familiar. After playing four or five runs, it feels like the same game with a new coat of paint. I'm not off the first world/area yet, but I'm concerned that I'll burn out on it pretty quickly if there isn't much new as far as the gameplay goes.

12. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    This is exactly my thoughts on it so far.

Enjoying it hugely but it feels like a remake so far and not a sequel.

13. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
  14. cowtruck123

cowtruck123 Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Love the game, its as fun as the first. My question to the devs is whether or not you will be adding the courses from the first game woth improved graphics? This game is immensly better than the first and I will probably never play the forst again, and it would be cool to have the original courses on this app too.

15. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So I've had some time with it and the first thing that seemed to stand out was the amount of animals there are. So far I'm liking the game getting the goals and being able to do tricks and flips, it seems the way to survive longer is though the triple trick boosts as even if I never fall the Avalanche catches me.

Looks good and with all the quests and things to buy, although so far no luck with getting to 500k for the silver highest on the couple of runs I've done is 150k

16. Stustaff

Oct 28, 2010
    Just had a quick play based on someone's comments earlier

No touch game 1 135000 scored
    No touch game 2 130000 scored
    Both within a few seconds of 5 minutes survived.

I'm sorry but it's unplayable for me, I just don't get the difficulty being this easy.

17. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    It should be anyone not even touching for a whole run should die early you'd think when they fall and don't tap to compose they would fail.

Either way you don't really gain much from a no touch run anyway just a few coins, won't complete any missions or anything like that. But I know you should be able to get far higher scores by actually playing rather than leaving it alone.

18. Congrats! Having lots of fun playing versus mode in the office! :)

19. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    So if multiplayer is local will it still work if someone is on the same account? My fiancées iPhone is linked to my GC and my ITunes as I'm not paying for games twice....not that she really plays many anyway.

But wondering if I make her download it will it let us play together?

20. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Yes.