Universal Sketch Breaker (by FDG Mobile Games GbR)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Korbinian@FDG

Korbinian@FDG FDG Entertainment<br />Producer
    Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    Glad you like the game. Yes the score limits for stars are indeed made with the breaker bonus in mind.
    Every few level ups you will get a 2% score boost. So I would advise to just progress in the game and then return to old levels later on.
    Another tip really is to work towards those color explosions and collection the rainbow color afterwards.
    And party time bonus is essential as well, later on getting 3 stars without the 20k party clear bonus is not possible.

2. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    So, there are still ads that show up even if you buy the IAP? That's a bummer.

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah thats not good, I bought the full unlock for 6 Euro, so I expect no ads after that, but thats my only complaint, the game is great fun and breaker games are not dead yet.

4. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Sketch Breaker has beautiful graphics sound and gameplay. It is charming, soothing, and challenging at the same time! I almost want to savor Sketch Breaker! I purchased the $5.99 package and the ads are minimal. Glad it's featured in the U.S. App Store.

Clearly the best breakout game on iOS IMHO.

Here is my question : What is the point of the coins? Keep in mind I've played 10 levels of the game. I'm just curious.

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Yes but honestly it's no big deal, it's literally just a picture that shows up every now and then between games that you can close instantly.

Also to the dev thank you I'm happy to hear it is mainly the breaker bonus I need, when I played earlier I was 3rd in the world on breaker points! But because I'd replayed levels so much to try get 3 stars I'm only on level 27 or so. It's great how new mechanics keep coming in to keep things fresh. Sometimes getting clear is frustrating though if there is a tiny piece you just can't hit!

I opened up the app earlier for a little go and ended up playing for 2-3 hours! Usually I'm always swapping between games, so I highly recommend this.

6. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I just hope that more people buy the full $5.99 pack to support this game.

7. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Wanted to like this game as it's so polished, with pleasing visuals and pleasant audio (love the title song!) but the game itself... meh. I felt like the paddle just throws my ball in a random angle so regrettably stopped playing after a handful of levels.

8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Like I said the more you play the more the game opens up strategically and with more mechanics. The paddle doesn't just throw the ball anywhere, but yes because you can draw it anywhere it makes aim harder than a normal breaker, but you can keep drawing the paddle to continue to aim and hit what you want.

9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I've spent so many hours on this game! One thing I'd like to ask the dev though, when we get a surprise choice to watch an ad for a free power up can they not be stored? I mean instead of on your next level forcing you to use it right away can't you let us keep them and use them when we need to?

My favourite by far though is the third one, can't remember the name though possibly power ball?

10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I find challenge levels extremely infuriating! So annoying when you get to level 7 then lose. Also I just started one then decided I couldn't be bothered and quit, now it has 0 stars when previously I had 6...

11. freakernet

freakernet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    i really didn't like the controls

12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    What touch controls that work exactly where you touch? Drawing a paddle wherever you touch? I don't understand how those are bad, it's different and if your slow I guess maybe too hard for you?

13. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    This is a great little game. I can see it doing really well if it gets consistent coverage.

Personally I think the music is the best part. Very sing song -ish like some older Tom Petty tracks. Money well spent to round out a game I won't soon forget.

I plan on waiting a day or two more before committing to the Value IAP.

If you love the brick-breaker genre like I do, you will enjoy this one quite a bit. :)

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Sadly I haven't seen much coverage of it in the App Store or in many other places, but hopefully someone picks up on it.

15. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    Missed this one, but I still picked it up today. Great fun! Really well polished game, great music, fun gameplay.

I like how getting stars colours in the painting on the menu. I also like that there is some replayability here, as later it will be easier to get three stars on a level.

I'm fine with the lives system, as we are spoiled by tons of cool games these days. Mobile gaming is definitely not going the wrong direction if you ask me!

16. InkyTheGhost

InkyTheGhost Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2012
    NYC
    So I got to rank 10, and now it was pretty easy to get 3 stars on the first 10 levels. I'm sure that's also because I've improved a bit while ranking up. I actually really enjoy going back to older levels to try and find a better strategy.

Also, I'm not very good at brick breakers, but I've never run out of lives, so that shouldn't scare people off

17. Korbinian@FDG

Korbinian@FDG FDG Entertainment<br />Producer
    Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    The coins are used for paying temporary boosters and you can refill your balls with them, too.

18. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Hey FDG,

About the Value Pack IAP; I want to buy it but I'm curious and a tad worried that it doesn't remove the in between level ads. Not that they are intrusive. But just curious.

19. shiny

shiny Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2015
    Yes i felt that too, the difficulty spike on that level

20. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    The game sure knows how to enrage me though when I lose a ball stupidly because it bounces odd or I'm just not focused completely.