Universal Siralim (by Thylacine Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 9, 2014.

1. ThylacineStudios

ThylacineStudios Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Great to hear!

Just so you all know, if your device has 512MB RAM or less, you might still get some lag in dungeons. I'm working hard to fix this problem, and hope to send Apple the next patch by Friday with a rush order. The next patch is pretty awesome and includes most of the suggestions and bug fixes that you have all reported here so far. With that said, I'd like to thank everyone for their contributions so far!

2. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    And we thank you for your incredible presence and game!

I don't know about the rest of those who play and follow this game but it's looking to be my game of the year so far!

3. dudecoolguyman

dudecoolguyman Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    It would have been mine too (game of the year) but FIRST PATCH NERFED MY STRONGHOLD!!!!

Joking!

Let's see how far I can get tonight.
    Is there a max realm number?
    How far have you gotten?

4. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Haha, I think it's more of a buff, honestly. The "Taunt" condition is pretty bad since the creature absorbing the damage takes damage equal to the amount that would have been done to the original target. So let's say you have a level 1 creature and a level 100 creature, and the level 100 creature has Taunt. The enemy attacks the level 1 creature, and the damage dealt to the level 100 creature is enormous because the damage was calculated using the level 1 creature's defense. I am going to change Taunt soon to make it less horrible.

Edit: Nope, no maximum realm number.

5. dudecoolguyman

Jun 20, 2013
    Small bug I think

Using the new b button to progress in battles is nice but you can select an action, say provoke for my stronghold and while the text is progressing you can hit b and it will start that characters turn over. Allowing you to select a new action. It would be nice but the problem is I had poison effects and they reapplied each time eventually killing my stronghold.

Hope you can reproduce it

6. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    I'll get that fixed for the next update. Thanks for letting me know!

7. Anteros

Anteros Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    #147 Anteros, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    I have an artifact with a 20% chance to inflict confuse on hit. Well I crafted the legendary ability Scattershot on it. It never confuses anyone.. I thought it would give a 20% chance on every enemy.

8. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    It should be applying the effect to the direct target occasionally, but not to the other creatures it hits. I'll take a look and see if it's applying these effects to the target properly. :)

9. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    A few quick questions:

- I'm about to craft my first nether egg (I should have eons ago but too busy trying new characters) - what happens when SOME gems are higher level than others?

- I always seem to run out of certain types of currency - would you be so kind as to list each realm and what the random items on the floor are? I promise I'll write it down :) I didn't have a chance to check the library to see if this was listed anywhere

- Enemies seem to be casting A LOT since the last patch. I understand that the idea was to make them cast less during the start and spread it out, but it seems like the overall frequency has almost doubled (not a complaint, just an observation)

- Can you explain pandemonium tokens a bit? Is it a 50/50 chance of something good happening and something bad? So far I've tried a few and the effects have been negative.

10. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    1) Each gem increases the strength of the creature individually, so nothing really "happens" if they're different levels. Some will just benefit the egg more than others. I recommend you get them all to level 9 if possible, though!

2) Chaos = Brimstone, Winter = Crystal, Life = Essence, Death = Granite

3) I'll look into this to make sure there's not a problem somewhere. It might be that since they don't cast the spells all at once, there are now more appropriate moments to use spells that they otherwise wouldn't have before.

4) In general, the effects are mostly good. You are probably just having bad luck, unfortunately :). I've seen a lot of people say the exact opposite - that they've never seen a negative effect.

11. KBPrinceO

KBPrinceO Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Enemy spells getting you down? Try a Wyvern Sonicscreecher [Chaos]: When an enemy casts a spell, all enemies are afflicted with Silence for one turn.

Just found the legendary crafting material Hurricane Enhancer: When the enemy casts a spell, there is a 50% chance that it will fizzle. Does not stack.

I'm pretty much going to be shutting down enemy spellcasters from here on out.

12. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Wow, nice finds! I'll keep my eye open for those.

I haven't yet encountered that enemy, but that's probably because I keep abandoning my game around level 30 in hopes that I make a better build. It's ok, because due to the nature of the randomness of the game, I never feel like I'm repeating content for no reason. I use the option to randomize creature tables though, so that's likely a reason why I struggle (in a good way).

13. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    For 1 - I don't suppose you can provide an expanded tutorial about the whole process? I've been able to pick up all concepts of this game, except for that. I mean, I think I get it, but I have too many questions to ask and would rather read a comprehensive guide, if such a thing exists.

For the rest - thanks for the quick answers :) Very helpful.

14. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    You can read a comprehensive guide in the library, so instead, I'll try to explain it as concisely as possible since that'll probably be easier to digest.

Ingredients you need:
    1) 1 Nether Orb
    2) 3 Particles belonging to the creature you want to use as the Nether Creature
    3) As many enchanted gems as you want. I strongly suggest you use as many as the game will let you, which is displayed in Menu --> Character.

The gems each dictate a certain stat increase for the creature. For example, a Ruby increases the creature's base health (aka the health it starts with at level 1). Choose gems that you think would best complement the creature and its ability. The higher level the gem, the greater the boost it will give to the creature when it hatches.

You also need to activate the Nether Orb until it says that it has 0 activations remaining. Activations serve as a multiplier for the gems. The more activations you use for a particular gem enchantment, the higher that enchantment's multiplier. For example, if you use a Nether Orb with 2 Ruby activations, the overall health boost will be far greater than if you had used only 1 Ruby activation.

Feel free to ask any questions about the process!

15. dudecoolguyman

Jun 20, 2013
    There was a nugget in the game about different colored orbs. I'm assuming these enhance a particular stat more so than normal however you will probably not grace us with that info and let us discover these secrets in our own!

I can't even remember but I think it said something about a red orb boosting something or other. Yes my memory is amazing.

Tips for gems:
    I created 10 of each gem for each creature I would like to make a nether creature. As I explore realms you will find chests to increase the gem levels.

So far I have maxed out (level 9) gems for my stronghold and have started another set for fallen carnage.

Sadly as dev pointed out I have yet to see an orb because of the rarity but I will be ready once I get one!

Also if you sell your gems to a little dwarf for some power so I also level up random gems for this purpose. It's a lot of power you can get!

16. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Ah, yes, forgot about that. There are several different orb colors, and each one gives an even larger multiplier to a certain enchantment, while also decreasing the multiplier of another enchantment.

17. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    #157 Jorlen, Jul 17, 2014
    Holy mother of all processes, batman!

I'm sure once I go through it completely, it'll be easier to remember and get a grasp of the "big picture". I'm just at the point now where I've enchanted all 15 of my gems with an equal mix of all the colors.

I guess I asked at a good time because now I know to level up each of those 15 gems to level 9 before moving on to the next process. Whew! I certainly hope these bastards are worth it :) It's pretty cool that you can keep expanding how many gems to use, though. Certainly opens up the game and gives you long term goals, which is awesome.

Question time!

1 - Those gem upgrade boxes, do those things appear on any realm or only specific ones? I'm sure they only start appearing after a specific level (i.e. the level where gems become available I'm guessing).

2 - Thylacine - in my previous list of questions you mentioned some realms and what element is found as a floor item. There were a few not mentioned, like dungeon and sorcery - what about those?

Thanks again!

18. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    #158 ThylacineStudios, Jul 17, 2014
    1) They can appear in any realm, but only after you unlock the Gem Temple.

2) I only named the realm types that have resource nodes on the ground. Sorcery realms can drop spells and shield artifacts, Dungeon realms can drop particles (and all resources from an event), Grassland realms have events that give you extra treasure, and Nature realms can drop gems and charm artifacts. Of course, each realm has a lot of other things that can be found, but an exhaustive list would be enormous since there's so much to unlock and so many factors that go into determining what drops and where.

Random, fun fact about the next update: All of your creatures that are a lower level than the highest-leveled creature in your party now gain bonus experience points from battle. The maximum bonus gain is 500%.

19. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Nor would I expect you to make an exhaustive list. What you've provided is a great start and I'll keep a quick list going for my own reference.

That is fantastic news about the experience bonus, and sounds like a very good solution to give those low level creatures a good kick in the ass :)

20. dudecoolguyman

Jun 20, 2013
    Thy:

I have to say I miss taunt for stronghold. I find the provoke less than satisfying and the amount he actually "provokes" is pretty lame. Before I made him a beastly tank but now he just sits and I'm lucky if he takes a hit.

Any chance this is coming back or provoke can be revamped to actually um provoke?

In all honesty he probably was buffed but he's become the least useful creature on my team since he just sits there and tries to look menacing.