Universal Siralim (by Thylacine Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 9, 2014.

1. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Just spotted this on Greenlight, good luck! I'd personally much prefer to play it on PC so it's great to see but it won't stop me from trying to finish it on iOS first!

Really enjoying this game, I absolutely love it when an RPG springs out of nowhere and steals people's hearts.

2. ThylacineStudios

ThylacineStudios Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    I didn't realize how badly some Apple devices cause the UI to look smashed, stretched, or condensed. This also explains why some people say the touch controls are unresponsive - those are also stretched. This will all be fixed not in the upcoming patch, but in the patch after that.

3. balam

balam Member

Jul 2, 2013
    1) I'm having massive load times +2 mins when using the continue option at the start (iphone 5c). Is this normal?

2) A great way to make resources is gambling (save scumming). The Mite Lavalurker is pretty good if you grab one early on.

3) The random enemies option can make the game very manageable if you get a good tier 1 draw - in my current game I got stronghold, fallen carnage and death crafter.

4. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    The load times shouldn't be that long at all, especially on a 5c. Could you please start a new game, save it, exit the game, then try to continue and see if that takes a long time also? That will help me diagnose the problem.

5. balam

balam Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Just tried and the new game had instant load. Old game still takes forever. God... is my save broken?

6. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    It's not broken, but this will be resolved in patch 1.0.10. We're waiting for Apple to approve 1.0.9 which should be sometime today or tomorrow, then we'll upload 1.0.10 immediately for Apple to review again. Sorry for the inconvenience! iOS apparently hates the way Siralim's save files are encrypted and adds all kinds of unnecessary information to the file which makes it take longer to load.

7. Dymonic

Dymonic Active Member

May 8, 2014

Sigh, I havn't been able to make it past the tut, every time I get to the learn how to fight part it freezes, iphone4s the reason you think?

8. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    Ran across what has to be a bug, or an unintentional AI exploit (I hope lol).

Fought a Pit Tunneler (or Worm) whose health increased exponentially instead of gradually. It started going up by hundreds of thousands of hit points after about the 5th turn. Fought plenty of the same monsters and their hp never too an exponential curve. Wasn't able to beat it despite my lvl 35-ish Iron Golem doing 1900 dmg due to 700 point per turn attack increases lol.

Only happened once.

Any thoughts or more info for diagnosis?

9. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    @Dymonic: That's probably a memory issue. I'm trying to optimize the game as much as possible so that it can run on devices with 512MB RAM. For now, make sure that you aren't running any other apps in the background, particularly music or podcasts and things like that.

@CalinR: That ability has been nerfed in the upcoming patch. It's not a bug or anything, just poor balancing. :)

10. dudecoolguyman

dudecoolguyman Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Ah too bad was thinking of doing a worm! So many battles I've lost with him as the last creature... Stupid health increase LOL.

11. KBPrinceO

KBPrinceO Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    #112 KBPrinceO, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
    How do you get more arena invitations?
    Also, is it just luck to find a Nether Creator, can they spawn on any level of Nether Realm, or does it need to be 5+ for example?

-edit- Creators can be found in lv 1 realms.

12. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    #113 ThylacineStudios, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
    You can get more arena invitations in chests and from completing duties. You have a much higher chance to find one in deeper realm levels. There's also an event that guarantees an arena invitation, but it's pretty rare.

The Nether Creator will start spawning occasionally in any realm level, but you need to unlock the Gem Temple and Arcane Vault first.

13. KBPrinceO

KBPrinceO Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    Kudos for the fast response! It's great to see a dev that is in touch with the user base!

14. dudecoolguyman

Jun 20, 2013
    Any chance to get a better description of the emblem items? I would like to buy some of the particles for the creatures but it's a guessing game! Hate to waste them on a member that might not synergies well!

15. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Yeah, I can definitely do that. I'll add the creatures' ability descriptions to the description window.

16. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    I can't stop playing this game.

Addictiveness factor = 11/10.

17. Dymonic

Dymonic Active Member

May 8, 2014
    It be cool to name them too... Just for fun.

And thank you for the advice about the ram.

18. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    You can rename your creatures by speaking to the librarian in the...well, library. :)

19. dudecoolguyman

Jun 20, 2013
    Took your advice, finally saved enough from level 1 realm runs and summoned a stronghold. Since summoning I have been able to progress up to realm 9 so far. A tank makes all the difference!

I believe I got pretty lucky, I created a 7 slot artifact and loaded it with defense and a legendary pandemonium enchantment. Each turn my stronghold heals himself - it's pretty rare he dies. Since then I have no more resource issues however a small part of me feels sad I was cornered into playing this way - if I didn't have a tank I don't want to say it would be extremely difficult but it has allowed me to tweak my team to find a better balance. Straight dps in this game just won't win!