Universal Siralim (by Thylacine Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 9, 2014.

1. ThylacineStudios

ThylacineStudios Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    After the worst of the bugs and balance changes are fixed, I'm planning to release several large content patches, free of charge. There are a lot of things that I still want to add!

2. WildBastion

WildBastion Active Member

Aug 18, 2013
    I miss DWM, so I would love to play your game, but im on a 3GS and the game crashes after character creation. The font and windows are a bit small, and when behind buttons are rather hard to read.

I will definitely buy if/when these things are fixed. (I saw that some of this might be addressed in this upcoming patch, so fingers crossed here!!)

3. dudecoolguyman

dudecoolguyman Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Despite these very minor things (other than 3GS crashing) you would not be disappointed in this. It's very, very deep. I usually don't struggle with strategy / RPGs but this one is giving me a run for my money. The grind doesn't feel to grindy but it's there because we all love it! Trust me get this!

Level 41 now and banging me head against the wall but slowly starting to understand more of the mechanics. And it hasn't felt yet as if I made a mistake since the game is based of monsters you summon and you can swap them at any time. So much freedom and oh so much crafting of relics and enchantments!

4. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    I agree with this. I'm around level 30 now and starting to lose some fights, so I definitely have some work to do in terms of customizing my gear. I love the blacksmith and enchanter in this game, they really allow you to mess with your equipment and re-roll stats, etc.

Any advice on how to get a new level 1 creature up to speed? I've tried various methods but I don't think they're very effective. How often have you switched out your creatures?

It would be rad if we could divert all XP to one creature via options :) course that might make things too easy...

5. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    I'm somewhat sure that monsters get XP even if they die during the fight.

Anyone else only getting 1% power balance from their fights? Not sure if bug or game mechanic I haven't noticed.

6. cdkilgore21

cdkilgore21 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    I'm not as far as some others but doing the Duties on each realm really bumps up newer monsters with the massive amounts of XP given as reward.

7. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    The amount you gain each battle decreases as you approach the maximum of 200%. That way, if you're really low on power balance it'll be easy to gain at least a decent amount of it back. If you're only gaining 1% per battle then it must be pretty high already. :)

8. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    Thanks, that makes sense. I was 56% and a pandemonium token bumped it to 200%, which was sweet caused it saved a buncha time. The proportional gains make sense. I also totally noticed that the particles and summons are arranged in alphabetical order, and it felt a little dumb afterwards lmao.

9. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    What are some of your favorite creatures to have?

My favorite so far is the skeleton mortar. His DPS is amazing since his attacks do damage to all monsters on the screen.

10. dudecoolguyman

Jun 20, 2013
    Fallen carnage has become my go to. Countless times he has won an entire battle by himself despite his lower dps but because when he kills an enemy he eats them and regains health! Plus he has the chance to strike multiple times.

I agree with above post, swapping creatures and leveling them is pretty time consuming and slow. It's part of the game so I deal with it.

The resources might also be an issue, I'm having a ton of trouble keeping power and essence stocked. It seems these are required for almost everything and they have really limited my progression in terms of enchanting and summoning. I think either the cost for these resources needs to be reduced or the amount gained bumped up. I have ample other resources. Don't even get me started in dying.
    I'm working torward a new summon and require 240k ess and I'm halfway... But I have died a handful of times and death really hurts the pocketbook!!!!

As an idea you could link Mage classes with a reduction in loss of a particular resiurcrd when you die. Example; death Mage reduces loss of resources when slain by 50% (essence or whatever). This would encourage class swapping based on which stay you are trying to get or better yet increase the gain or do both based in Mage class.

11. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    I'm thinking about removing the resource loss on death altogether. Losing 30% power balance is already pretty devastating, not to mention you'll have lost your progress in the dungeon. To lose 10% of your resources is sometimes disastrous.

In the upcoming patch, the cost curve will be a bit more smooth so that prices won't jump quite as high when you level up. This will make things more affordable in the long run (but not so much in the short run, of course).

12. dudecoolguyman

Jun 20, 2013
    This just happened. Level 1 realm. First fight of the realm. Is this a bug? Even though I get 50% less defense tha would mean I was hit for over 400 - te first hit! ... And I still think my dps is way under powered unfortunately and again I'm having a tough time with resources to boost artifacts.

Attached Files:

13. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    You basically just had a really unfortunate combination there. Your Berserker Fiend has 50% less defense because it's Berserk, and since the Delirious Ghoul is Death and your Berserker Fiend is Chaos, the ghoul deals 25% additional damage to it. All of that is on top of the Delirious Ghoul's ability granting it Unholy Frenzy, which increases its damage by another 100%. Ghouls also have pretty high innate attack and Fiends have pretty low innate defense. There's also the possibility that the Ghoul had a weapon artifact, granting it even more attack.

14. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    I personally think that's a great idea.

For those who are looking for a really strong challenge they can pick either permadeath or the reincarnation option (if a creature dies it restarts at level 1 as a random type).

15. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Creatures in Reincarnation Mode actually start with a percentage of the dead creature's experience pool :). It's actually a ton of fun because your team is suddenly really dynamic. Reincarnation + Randomization mode keep me up for hours longer than I should be awake at night.

16. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Oh yeah? I thought they started at level 1. I'll have to give that mode a try, then.

I always play my games with randomization mode on, for sure. We wouldn't want to settle in a nice comfortable and predictable groove now, would we?

Speaking of which - can you explain exactly what randomization mode does? Is it only when you use the ritual to add more enemies to dungeons that it kicks in?

17. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    You always start the game with one creature upgrade unlocked by default which dictates the first set of creatures you encounter. When Randomization Mode is disabled, the creatures that are unlocked with each upgrade are predetermined and are fairly balanced. If you enable Randomization Mode, each upgrade unlocks a new set of creatures at random.

18. dudecoolguyman

Jun 20, 2013
    Question;

Do certain "element" types (ie sorcery, death) do differing damage to an "opposite element"?

Or is it all based on defenses?
    Does a death creature deal death damage? I'm not sure if I missed this vital info or not. The follow up question would be does a death creature have a natural resistance to a certain element? Like it's own (death)

I'm asking because I'm curious how a x3 fallen carnage team, plus a stronghold plus x2 (forget name) the unicorn that heals lowest health party member would fair?
    Would I be setting my self up to be defensively weak (going mostly death creatures) against a certain element type?

19. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    When a Death creature attacks, its damage is mitigated by the defender's Death Defense. The same goes for each of the 5 classes.

Each class also deals 25% bonus damage to another class. For example, Life creatures deal 25% additional damage to Death creatures. You can find a full list of such matchups in the library in the "combat" section. However, a creature's class does not allow it to mitigate any damage from any other class.

I don't think your team idea is bad at all. It has offense, defense, and support, which is exactly what is needed to succeed. When patch 1.0.9 is released on the App Store, Strongholds' ability is getting changed to make it a much better tank, too.