Universal Siralim (by Thylacine Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 9, 2014.

1. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    I only got round to playing this game last week and it's been one of my favourite iOS games of all time. Everything about it, literally everything, has me grinning as I play. I cannot wait to try this on PC; hearing that this was Greenlit was the best news I've had in some time.

I only wish I'd started sooner!

2. ThylacineStudios

ThylacineStudios Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Glad you're enjoying it! Thanks for checking it out.

3. xerfilstyx

xerfilstyx New Member

Dec 25, 2014
    Absolutely a good game when playing on iPad :D

I wonder when the new patch will be available in Appstore since facing TROLL KING makes me crazy - always makes errors occur and quits app by force. I doubt some Timewarp buff may occur the same error but not sure.

4. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
  5. furion00

furion00 Member

Apr 1, 2015
    Hi is the update available on US app store as I still can't see it :( And if I am to delete and reinstall the game, will my save files be intact? Thanks!

6. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    It seems like the App Store is having some issues refreshing new apps right now. Hopefully it'll be up soon. I received an e-mail from them yesterday stating that the update was released, but that doesn't seem to be the case for a lot of people:

[​IMG]

If you delete the game, your saved data will be lost.

7. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    My pit worm tunneler no longer has that nifty raise max hp on attack/get attacked. I haven't played in two patches apparently, did it get nerfed?

8. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Its ability was changed completely.

9. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    U.S.
    Awwww....dang...

10. greenleaf

greenleaf Well-Known Member

May 17, 2014
    Student
    Charlotte, NC
    I think I found a bug. I just started a new game on iPhone 5 and for some reason the A and B buttons won't show up. This is happening during the intro screens. I haven't moved into the actual game yet.

- greenleaf

11. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Are you upgrading from a previous version of Siralim, or did you just download the game recently? If you are upgrading, you might need to re-install the game.

12. anniec

anniec Member

Mar 5, 2015
    This game blew me away! I love you the game opens up more and more as you get deeper into it. I barely scratched the surface and I am having a blast. Experimenting with different creatures and finding effective synergies that suit your gamestyle appeals to a player like me. The combinations are endless. I am currently a level 38 life mage and my party consists of:

-Unicorn Vivifier, brim smith, fallen carnage, raven acolyte, siren coercer, troll arsonist

Despite being a tier 1, the unicorn vivfier is very indispensable to my team with solid stats and a great ability. But I am not sure how long he will be around as I have been reading about the pegasus and unicorn consecrator. How do those creatures compare? Do they synergize well with one another?

I've also been reading in the game forums that % based attacks become more important than the attack stat at later levels against ridiculously strong enemies. So expect the brim smith to replaced later on. But as of now he is performing very well.

The Raven Acolyte is clearly there to provide an easier path for the fallen carnage to wipe out the party in one turn. The Siren Coercer somewhat negates the Raven's 50% health affect and therefore IMO a necessary partner for the raven. This also ensures better survivability for the unicorn which is crucial due to its revive on hit ability. My plan is to later enchant the coercer's artifact so it receives the siren oracle's barrier as well.

Because the troll arsonist goes first in my party, he will immediately soften up to two enemies (NOT KILL), making it that much easier for the FC, who goes right after, to do his thing.

I am also in the process of creating a nether fallen carnage. I am leveling up all my gems to Level 10 before going back to the gem shrine to enchant them.

My only complaint to the developer is that you made such a great game, that I find myself playing it at work.

As I unlock more creatures I want to experiment with more combinations and play styles. I'm especially excited about the omnipotent deity, pegasus, and unicorn consecrations. Are there any others I should keep a look out for? I'm also curious to see how other players are forming their teams.

13. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Happy to hear you're having fun!

What you read on Siralim's forums is correct: there's a late-late-late-late-game balance issue with a handful of abilities that makes them a bit too strong, but that's being addressed so I don't necessarily suggest going out of your way to get them. They'll still be useful, just not so powerful that you feel obligated to include them in your team.

Several of our forum members have been posting their teams lately, so I invite you to check it out when you get a chance!

14. Syro

Syro Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    #874 Syro, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    Yeah this game is great. Still playing it whenever I get a chance. I'm level 35 sorcery with a ragtag team: unicorn vivifier, berserker fiend, stronghold, glutinous slime, servant hunter, and ancient ent.

The ancient ent (I got from power spell) is such a life saver. Very happy with that one. Caps incoming melee damage at 40% of max hp for all your creatures. The slime I'm keeping only because the damage it does is always surprisingly high. It's next to replace though. Servant hunter is only to make extracting cores easier. Stronghold as tank. Other two obvious.

Working on tier 8 right now and excited to see what comes. Also working on nether gems but they take forever.

The Siralim forums are way more active than here so definitely check them out.

*edit*: forgot another great thing about ancient ent is once you summon it, it starts showing up on enemy teams. Makes it super easy to extract cores when you don't have to worry about accidentally killing the mob! Two hits and they are at 20% hp ready to be extracted

15. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    I hate to talk about a PC/Mac release on a forum about mobile games, but I figured some of you might be interested: Siralim is coming to Steam on April 24. http://store.steampowered.com/app/362090

16. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    To celebrate Siralim's launch on Steam, we've added an in-game event called Steamworks Week. The event is available on all platforms, including Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.

Although this is a small event compared to our normal events and holidays, it awards an exclusive new creature called the Steampowered Pilwiz! This unique creature eats the destructible objects you encounter during your travels to grow more powerful. You can obtain this creature by talking to Zack, a knight dressed in red, in the War Room of your castle.

Steamworks Week will mark the anniversary of Siralim's launch on Steam and will be repeated annually. However, despite its name implying that it will only be around for one week, we're going to make it last all the way until May 8 to ensure that everyone has plenty of time to get their hands on this creature. iOS users will need to wait for a new update before they can access this event - unfortunately, Apple didn't get the update out in time.

Enjoy!

17. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    The iphone 6 rendering bug that I mentioned a few weeks ago is still there. Only mentioning because it was supposedly fixed and thought you might not be aware.

18. Rein37

Rein37 Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Apologies if this has already been mentioned/asked...but the game seems to be really, bizarrely formatted for the iPad. The buttons are laid over the actual text and gameplay screen.

Is this normal? I have an iPad3 if that matters.

19. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    U.S.
    Short answer, yes, because they're very customizable as far as size/screen location.

Longer answer is that depending on what you mean by "bizarrely" (and I am specifically trying to split hairs lol) considering your other mobile gaming experience, the button overlay might just be a new thing. Your device doesn't matter, it's just how e game's designed, to have the buttons overlay some of the text. Play around with the size and location of the buttons in the options, this game actually has one of the best control customization schemes I've seen in a mobile game.

The one thing I can think of that shouldn't happen, which it did for me and others (I have an iPad3 as well), is that one of the updates caused the B button to be outside of the screen, but I was able to start a game using only the A and up and left d-pad buttons, and get into the options screen to adjust them. That's a bug, if that's what you're talking about, but I feel like that's an older update. Hope that helps.

20. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    hello guys, can anyone help me with creating an "imba-team"?
    your examples of creatures etc.?