Universal Siralim (by Thylacine Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Running on Ipad 3

Attached Files:

2. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    #62 Duke12, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
    My save file is called Duk'a :D

3. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Ok so now I want to start a construction ritual, but I can't decide which realm to construct first. suggestions anyone?

4. ThylacineStudios

ThylacineStudios Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    @Duke12: Thanks for letting me know, I'll investigate this problem and try to find a solution. Sorry about that! Please let me know if you run into any similar issues.

@PBSNellie: The Winter realm looks amazing, so that's my vote.

5. Egokiller

Egokiller Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    #65 Egokiller, Jul 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
    I am having a similar problem as well. It is most noticeable when in combat. It appears to be shortening the player's name and accidentally over laying it on the active cursor description. For this example, my character name is Egokiller. When it is my Berserker Fiend's turn in combat it says EGO'ar Fien. On my Lich Priest's turn it says EGO'aest. Fallen Carnage is changed to EGO'aarnage. It looks like it is replacing the first 8 text characters of the monsters name with part of the character name followed by an 'a

In the Duke's game, i would suspect that if he used the fallen carnage mob, the text would be displayed as DUK'aarnage.

[​IMG]

6. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    That is extremely helpful information, so thank you for all the details and the screenshot! So just to verify, your character's name actually changes multiple times in the same battle, right?

7. Egokiller

Egokiller Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    Correct. The text field that I have highlighted in screenshot changes multiple times during battle. I think it changes after each monster takes a turn.

Im on an iphone 5 running iOS 7.1.1

8. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Alright, thanks again for all the information. I'll see what I can do!

9. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Just came here to tell the same, cheers.

10. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Great game, I was surprised it was free.. Pleasant surprise.. Cheers

11. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    #71 ThylacineStudios, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
    I think I have found the problem. Thanks again for the help (and Egokiller too)!

Edit: Yes, I finally found a device that has the problem. This will be fixed ASAP.

12. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Question:

If I take less creatures with me, will I also have less creatures in battle encounters?

If not, that might make for an interesting mechanic. I'm not sure if it's viable but at times, I prefer the combat to be zippy and quick and with 6 simultaneous enemies on the screen, it takes a while.

I'm past level 20 now and things are getting really interesting, I really enjoy the sense of progression in this game. Well done!

13. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Nope, in most cases, the number of enemies will remain constant regardless of the number of creatures in your party. However, the early part of the game will match the number of creatures in your party so that you don't get overwhelmed if you don't summon more creatures for a short period of time.

14. dudecoolguyman

dudecoolguyman Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    I'm level 35 today and finding the difficulty level has skyrocketed.
    If I make it to level 3 realm I just get wiped. Level 1 is ok and 2 is a challenge. The problem is I'm so short on essence I cannot summon any new creatures and even if I did they would be so weak and unable to help with these now too difficult battles. Not sure how else to get a higher level summoned creature. I haven't been able to complete the 15 gem enchantment because I keep dying. All other resources are fine it's just essence.

Any tips on new summons?
    Essence gain?
    What am I doing wrong that battles are so difficult now?
    Also, I've upgraded to level 7 on different creatures, does this ramp up the difficulty? Should I have not done that?
    I can't even enchant any of my artifacts because of missing resources.

I assumed the level 1 realm would be a breeze and I could just farm it but it seems to me that the level of mobs stays + grows as you play with your current level.

All that said - I have a question on stats.
    What is a good mix of stats? Does def do anything? Most RPGs have it but it's pointless. Is luck worthwhile? It's too hard to experiment when I don't have any resources.

Even though I have questions this game is just so fun and it's very polished. Can't wait to see some of the new changes with controls.

Thanks!

15. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    I think the biggest problem you're probably having is that there's a bug right now that causes enemies to spawn with extremely powerful spells in early realm levels. This should not happen. Hopefully Apple will release the patch I uploaded in a day or two to correct the issue.

With that said, which creatures are you using now? In the first few realm levels, you'll be facing enemies that are of a slightly lower level than your own creatures, and most of them won't even have artifacts. They should be pretty easy for that reason, but like I said, it might be that the spells are causing the problem.

All of the combat-based stats are balanced in a way that they should be equally potent, but which stats you get depends heavily on the creatures you're using. Defense is extremely important in this game and mitigates a ton of damage. I'll give you a more detailed answer after you post your team :)

16. dudecoolguyman

dudecoolguyman Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Lich priest (40)
    Fallen carnage (40)
    Berserker fiend (40)
    Glutinous slime (40)
    Forest priest (37)
    Rapturous ghoul (36)

I hate my team. Let me clarify. I don't like the ghoul, the forest priest or the slime. The issue I have like I mentioned is that taking a new summon means I'm basically playing with one fewer teammate so despite the suck I'm sticking with them. I'm anxious to see what I summon with the egg thing after I get my gems enchanted.

I assumed wrongly that being a death Mage meant I should use death creatures but it seems the only benefit of the classes is for spells. It's going to take an excessive amount of time and resources and leveling to find a good team to play with I get that. The stinky part is I cannot merge an old level 40 creature with a new one to give it an exp boost which would be helpful.

I've been fooling with attack, luck and speed but seeing your previous response I will try sticking a bunch of def on my team and see if that helps. I guess instead of going straight attack or whatever I need to play each creatures strength, having not realized this game would push that so much! Which by the way is awesome. No easy button.

17. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Enemies scale individually with each of your creatures, so if you summon a new level 1 creature then there will be an enemy that scales with your level 1 creature as well.

I recommend replacing the Forest Priest as soon as possible since it doesn't really synergize with your team at all. After that, try to replace the Rapturous Ghoul since it's pretty situational for the point you're at in the game. I think a Unicorn Vivifier would be a good fit for your team, along with a Stronghold which can tank for your other creatures.

I also recommend stacking as much health as you can on your Lich Priest. Its ability relies on having a large health pool so you'll notice significant improvements if you do that.

I really like your idea about sacrificing a creature to boost another creatures' experience points. I'm going to add that to my to-do list and find a way to implement it gracefully. Thanks a lot!

18. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    Zack,

I'm having a similar experience, at around lvl 32-ish, and you were right earlier, the diff ramps up. I now need to keep in mind what element the enemies are and attack based on that, which is awesome. I'm fairly ok with the diff though, except for some of the fights where the enemies just whomp on me in the first few turns lol. Might have smth to do with the bug, or the fact that i also ignored the def stat, but after reading y'all's conversation, I'm gonna play around with a new team.

Some thoughts:

1. I'm getting to a point where I'd like to be able to intelligently plan out diff teams, and I have about 3 pages worth of particles that I need to sift though. I'm hoping you could find a way to code a sorting system for the list, specifically by: element (nature, life, etc.), secondary attribute (diabolical, storm, aspect), and possibly by stats.

Right now, it's a pain deciding what to summon because it takes forever to compare creature stats across pages. There's also the very strong possibility that the sorting system is according to a pattern I haven't figured out yet.

2. What are the asterisks in the battle order supposed to mean? Do they indicate a creature I already summoned?

3. What's the point of the classes, do they change what spells drop, or are they for flavor?

4. I LOVE the pandemonium tokens.

19. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    1. Very possible! At the very least, I could add a filter for class and race. Thanks for the suggestion.

2. Correct.

3. They reduce the mana cost of spells of that element by 50%. In the future, there will be a mage skill system which will make your class more meaningful, but for the most part, it's just for flavor.

20. CalinR

CalinR Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Criminal Defense Attorney
    U.S.
    #80 CalinR, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
    That's awesome, thanks. Also, holy crap, there's gonna be more content? That's sick. I'll admit that I was kinda hoping for something more structured, cause at this point it's a lot of fun to build the castle, and walking through dungeons (once the update hits lol), but there's no end-goal (or there isn't one where I'm at currently). A skill tree sounds fantastic.

I also meant to say that the nether eggs mechanic sounds awesome. I just built the gem palace, but I love how the knight was all like "this is supposed to be a long term side project for you" lmao