Universal Siralim (by Thylacine Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Looks pretty cool ill have to check it out!

2. tannerdactyl

tannerdactyl New Member

May 1, 2012
    Oh my god, this game is Dragon Warrior Monsters. I'm definitely going to buy this.

3. ThylacineStudios

ThylacineStudios Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    #43 ThylacineStudios, Jul 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
    @Touchmint: Sounds good, thanks! I just bought your game and I'm waiting for it to download now. Looks really fun.

@tannerdactyl: Having this game be compared to DWM is the biggest compliment I could ask for. Thank you and enjoy!

4. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    OK, so Ive been wandering around trying to find someone to battle with , but Im hopelessly lost going between floors.

5. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    You mean that you're exploring entire dungeons but there are absolutely no battles at all?

6. Anteros

Anteros Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Lvl 25. Used 1 power spell. first run through got to stage 9. Had to restart.. Having a really hard time on stage 4 and 5. I've unlocked creature tier 2. Enemies seem to have insane artifacts spells and abilities. I got a banshee which silences every enemy after it gets attacked but, I'm getting my ass handed to me. Sorcerress Widows have crazy enchantment dmg. I'm not sure what else I can do to counterbalance the difficulty.. The difficulty on 1st run up to 9 was much much easier.. This is at least 60% harder with 6 powerful monsters per battle. Like the game but, needs balance thanks.

7. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    #47 ThylacineStudios, Jul 11, 2014
    You aren't really meant to charge down to a really deep dungeon level instantly. Think of the realm level more as a difficulty level than anything else. It's completely fine to back up a few levels and farm for some better items or a new creature to complement your team, then try to continue where you left off later on. At realm level 9, enemies are probably around 6-7 levels higher than your creatures which is pretty substantial for where you are in the game.

With that said, there's also a bug that causes enemies to spawn with far more powerful spells than they should. The patch has already been uploaded and is awaiting Apple's approval as of a few days ago.

8. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Haha, I found my way out and am happily fighting all kinds of creatures. Bought the full game also. It's great..i will second what someone else said and ask if you might make the players a tad bigger. But I am looking forward to more exploration.

9. JetJaguar

JetJaguar Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Game's fun and the sprites are really creative. I feel like it's Dragon Warrior meets Shin Megimi Tensei. I'd definitely buy it but the dungeons are unplayabley slow on iPhone 4. Will wait for the update and give it another go. Big kudos for creating it though, looks like a lot of thought and work went into it!

10. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Still having a good time with this game, glad I purchased. I just unlocked several new dungeon types and it's adding a lot of variety in my runs.

@Thylacine

1 - You mentioned if you hold A button after fights it scrolls through text without having to mash - you were right about this, thanks for clearing it up. However, I believe you also mentioned an option that makes text just appear and not slowly scroll from left to right. I cannot find this option in the menus, can you tell me where it is located?

2 - How are the dungeon levels randomized? Do you just have a bunch of prefab layouts and mix em up, or is it true random level generation?

3 - On some levels, I see a map of where I explored when I go in options, and on others, I do not. Is that intentional?

Great game :)

11. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    1) This option will only be available after the new update is released, which is currently in the review process at Apple.

2) It's truly randomized. Nothing is preset, so the layout will never be even remotely recognizable.

3)That is a bug that is also fixed in the upcoming patch. See #1 :).

You can find a full list of changes for the upcoming patch here: http://www.thylacinestudios.com/forums/index.php/topic,210.msg520.html

12. Anteros

Anteros Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    can you add Icons to the battle ui to show the elements of the enemy creatures.

13. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    #53 ThylacineStudios, Jul 11, 2014
    If you guys like the game and you happen to have Steam, would you mind voting 'yes' for Siralim on Steam Greenlight? We were rank 50 but apparently that wasn't high enough to get into today's batch so we'll keep climbing upward and hope for the best next time!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=260893282

14. TDA

TDA Active Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Is there a screen that shows all of your creatures' levels? I'm trying to keep them about even and that's getting more tough as I collect more monsters.

15. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Do you mean the ones that are also in your stable? You can only view those creatures from within the stable itself.

16. TDA

TDA Active Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Yes, the ones in the stable too. It looks like you have to put each creature into your party to see their level. It just seemed a bit tedious, so I thought there might be a roster or list somewhere else. Thanks for the quick response, and I just voted for you on greenlight, good luck!

17. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Actually, that's a really good point. I didn't even realize that information is hidden. I'll add that to the UI in the next patch - thanks for the suggestion, and thanks for the Greenlight vote!

18. TDA

TDA Active Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Awesome, thanks!

19. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Started a game, named char Duke, it appeared as Duk in game, now on the menu its Duk'as Game or something like that and part of the name flickering, tried that surface thingy on options on/off. Didnt help.

20. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    That's really strange. What device are you running the game on? And would it be possible for you to show me a screenshot of it where it says "Duk'as Game" or whatever? I just started a new game and named by character Duke and can't reproduce the issue, so I'm wondering if something might have corrupted your save file or something.