Universal Siralim 3 (Monster Taming RPG) (by Thylacine Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Tickker

Tickker New Member

Dec 16, 2014
    Great game been totally playing it since the last patch arrived.

I have just noticed a minor glitch tho as I'm mainly playing the iOS version with my steel series nimbus controller I have noticed that turbo mode does not work with it. Holding the A button down does not continue it just acts like 1 press, though the on screen A button works fine. So using that while farming god favour at the moment. No clue if it's just this type of controller or all of them that suffer.

2. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #82 stubbieoz, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Same here also with a steel series nimbus/iPad Pro/ iOS 12.0.1.

....and while I’m here. Just a major thanks to the devs for making it so easy to transfer saves with the Siralim games. I played my Steam version for a couple of hours today and then transferred my save to the cloud and continued on my iPad while my wife used the pc. So easy and so flawless.... respect guys! :cool:

3. mache

mache Active Member

Sep 25, 2014
    Hi guys,
    first siralim game for me!
    One question: i have to continue “extract” from every enemy in combat or not?
    If i don t need to summon the creature, i can avoid extract and miss one turn of attack?
    thnx, really nice game for now!

4. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    You definitely dont have to extract EVERYTHING you encounter...

Its up to your preferences really, I like to keep 2 cores of everything I can at any given time, I stop extracting when I get that.

5. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    LOVING this! so much fun, I’ve been playing it all day :p if this isn’t touch arcade game of the week something is seriously wrong. Thank you so much for this release!

raravan likes this.
  6. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    As much as I would LOVE this to be game of the week, we both know the game of the week is going to be Stardew Valley...

pathogen541, athros and stubbieoz like this.
  7. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Latest Ver 1.0.8 is available in the App Store, though I had to actually open up the Siralim 3 page to see it. For whatever reason it doesn’t show up in your update lists.

Dailon80 likes this.
  8. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    Sadly true.

9. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Does anyone know how I can set the default spell gem to be used in turbo fight mode? Seems to always cast the top one, which is often the weakest. Can I somehow reorder these?

10. ThylacineStudios

ThylacineStudios Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Choose a creature and select "Manage Spell Gems". From there, you can set one of them as the default selection in battle.

badmanj likes this.
  11. troyster

troyster Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 19, 2012
    Immediate buy, this guy is not lying when he says he releases a ridiculous amount of content after release.

12. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    What are your thoughts on cores in general? I find it hard to change up my monsters much because of needing to go back and farm them up levels again, so I tend to create a team and stick with it. Any comments on your strategy? I've never been a pro at S1 or S2, just kind of muddled through.

13. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    As you get further it becomes very easy to level monsters again. My trick is to have a very good synergy with 4-5 monsters and only bring 1-2 "new" guys, that way you can fight around your level, just gotta plan your fights a bit more, and your new monsters will get insane experience. Theres also items/artifacts you can use later to make leveling new monsters easier

14. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    OK thanks, that's what I've been doing more or less.

15. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Another update is headed your way! It should be available tomorrow or Sunday.

Patch notes:
    - ADD: Option to "Display" menu for Frame Skipping. This is a great option to toggle to boost performance if you need it - especially on lower-end mobile devices.
    - ADD: Tutorial message for mobile players at the start of the game that explains how to configure the touch controls.
    - ADD: Message on the title screen will tell you if you're playing an outdated version of the game.
    - ADD: "Useful Links" section to the options menu. This menu gives you quick access to our social media platforms, forums, wiki, and Discord server.
    - CHANGE: Cores will no longer be "Pending" and will be added to your permanent inventory immediately.
    - FIX: Some god upgrades (Arena, Tailor, etc) weren't always correctly unlocked for players. This fix is retroactive.
    - FIX: Display issue related to perk levels after resetting your perk ranks via Potions of Forgetting, robes, etc.
    - FIX: It was possible to skip the realm depth 12 boss entirely.
    - FIX: Spell effects disappeared too quickly (bug introduced in a recent patch).
    - FIX: Drunk debuff didn't stack correctly.
    - FIX: Updated shader used for Singular creatures. Hopefully, this will fix the issue some people were having with it sometimes not working.
    - FIX: God bosses didn't lose mana from mana-reduction effects.
    - FIX: Cancelling out of the cloud storage menu when modifying your cloud ID saved the changes you made even though it wasn't supposed to.
    - FIX: "Forest Pact" perk had a misleading description. This perk modifies all effects - not just traits and spells.

Oh, and... this patch includes a really big surprise. I'll reveal it soon.

Pagan Fox, mache, stubbieoz and 2 others like this.
  16. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    The patch is out already! That's definitely a record for Apple.

Anyway, I'm already working on a followup patch with some more quality of life improvements and small bug fixes. Alongside that, I've been working on the first major content patch. I'll announce more details about that soon.

stubbieoz, AltsKev, mache and 2 others like this.
  17. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    All seems well post patch though I’m intrigued about the Big Surprise?

So far I’ve tried a chaos mage, life, nature and just started a sorcery mage today.
    As descrirbed previously my chaos and life mages are stuck at the floor 18 boss fight. But here’s, the thing, my nature mage trashed the boss on first go.
    He’s now flying through the realms one shotting nearly everything that comes his way.
    It’s all down to the spell gem. It is really worth farming Zontes realm until you get a decent AoE gem - for me it was chain lightning, with properties that reduced mana, based damage on speed and had an extra 73% damage.
    Wow!
    Also, whilst farming there you tend to pick up some nice favour and emblems with which you can purchase items such as the mae rune.
    So far I’ve invested 28 hours gameplay and have loved every minute.

18. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    I got a bug with managed group.

The save work, but if i switch group, a mutaded bat replace every time my emerald paragon.

and this bat is not in my group.

i got the same bug on every group i save when i switch.

Before switch

upload_2018-10-28_11-10-32.png

After switch

upload_2018-10-28_11-10-47.png

19. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Another patch is headed your way! Should be out today or tomorrow.

Also, keep an eye on this topic, because I'll reveal a big surprise later today.

Patch notes:
    - ADD: Two new options to the "Gameplay" menu: Hide Stat Gain/Loss Text, and Hide Buff/Debuff Text. You can use these to hide floating battle text that denotes these effects in battle. In general, you should not enable these options, but some players will find them helpful.
    - ADD: Two new macro conditions: "is > Knowledge Rank X" and "is < Knowledge Rank X".
    - ADD: You can now filter Eggs using the Enchanted Trashcan.
    - ADD: Knowledge list now displays a creature's singular palette along with a singular class icon if you have a singular version of that creature in your party or in the stables.
    - ADD: Artifact art is now enlarged and displayed in the items menu.
    - CHANGE: Singular Cores no longer have explicit "Singular" text as part of their names, and instead have an asterisk (*) at the end of their names. In addition, their icons will now be colored gold.
    - CHANGE: Resource nodes now count as breakable objects for their respective Prophecy. To compensate, the amount of objects required to complete this prophecy has been increased from 120 to 150.
    - CHANGE: Library book "Guide: Battles" now has a section that lists the order in which "start of battle" traits are executed.
    - CHANGE: Library book "Guide: Creatures" now mentions that creatures in your stable gain some experience points from battles.
    - CHANGE: Teleportation objects (such as the floating stones in Vulcanar's realm) will now be destroyed if an Itherian portal spawns on top of one to prevent players from getting stuck.
    - CHANGE: Items obtained as god favor rewards (knives, dust, potion of transformation, etc) will no longer be pending and will instead be added to your permanent inventory when acquired.
    - FIX: Rare crashes when interacting with objects in the overworld, looting items, and interacting with certain interfaces with frame skipping turned on.
    - FIX: Freeze for some players (especially early on in the game) when interacting with iron maidens in Tartarith's realm.
    - FIX: Some achievements were erroneously unlocked after players participated in a Tavern Brawl.
    - FIX: Creature sheet showed that Avatars have 35 Mana, but they really have 100.
    - FIX: Many of the game's secret rooms used wall tiles as floor tiles.
    - FIX: Options menu will now correctly appear when backing out of certain interfaces, such as the forging interface.
    - FIX: Nether Creature tutorial window and Saia's perk description mentioned a "maximum level", which is in reference to a concept that was removed from the game a long time ago.

20. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    OKAY: SO I purchased this game and I did not play the first 2. But I saw some one make the comparison between this game and the Dragon Quest Monsters titles....is this comparison apt? And will I enjoy this game if I enjoyed Dragon Quest Monsters? The god of anger made me laugh so hard I almost spit out my brain..... so I have big expectations... swooped this up on a whim because apparently there is a massive amount of content and the dev is apparently like the "god king" of additional free content in the app developer world..... so fingers crossed and all that shit