Universal Siralim 3 (Monster Taming RPG) (by Thylacine Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Annii

Annii Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    This sounds amazing. How is it controlled and can it be played more or less one handed? I have limited use of my left hand

2. ThylacineStudios

ThylacineStudios Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    It's controlled with an on-screen joystick and two other buttons. Unfortunately, until I add control customization, the joystick is on the far left of the screen and the other two buttons are on the far right, so it would be very difficult to play it with one hand right now. The game doesn't support portrait mode either, so it might be kind of awkward to hold with one hand regardless.

3. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    The game is GREAT but those controls need some work, I’m afraid. The joystick just doesn’t do what you need it to, much of the time.

Here’s something to try... go to options and try to set the zoom to x3. I nearly threw my phone down the toilet in frustration! Given up trying to do it and just had to write something here...

If the controls could be better this would be amazing.

4. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Now Zack can correct me if im wrong but...

This game is using a new version of gamemaker that the first two games were not using, this is most likely why controls customization is not implemented yet, he did mention he was working on getting customizable controls so I guess your issue will be quickly solved :)

5. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    #25 ThylacineStudios, Oct 20, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Edit: That particular option seems to be bugged and toggles ultra fast for some reason. Fixed for the next update! Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

6. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Another bug;
    You are unable to exit the “view last battle history” menu.
    You can only get out of that screen by completely shutting down the game.

edit:
    Actually thats not quite right. You need to tap the B button, unfortunately the menu completely covers it. Currently you need to guess where it is.
    This might be somewhat alievated once the controls allow customisation, though if you prefer the B button to be high in the screen then the problem would remain.

7. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Thanks, I'll add that to my to-do list for tomorrow!

The plan is to submit a big patch tomorrow that includes all reported bug fixes plus touch control customization. Apple has been pretty fast about approving updates lately, so I'm hoping it'll be released no later than Sunday.

8. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Thanks! Much appreciated Zack. :D

9. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Just woke up to this great news.
    Instabuy and there goes my weekend!
    Thank you Zack.

10. Lurchroboter

Lurchroboter Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2016
    Just for the record (and any newcomer unsure about this), this dev can surely be trusted. He is an exeptional example of someone really supportive about the mobile versions. Our money is save here

11. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    I never played a siralim game before but i am interested in buying this one after all the comments here. But i have a question if anyone can help. I read at some comments on youtube tha the combat system is really complex and it is almost impossible to know what to do if you do not read some kind of wiki. Is that true? Any help appreciated.

12. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    I wouldn’t say it’s complex, in like having to memorise moves and cast complex spells or weird combos, no, you sort of learn as you go along, finding out strengths and weaknesses of your team and their opponents.
    The inspect feature greatly assists you especially when coming up against a new foe.
    As you gain levels the fights can become deeper and more strategic but by then your arsenal of options coupled with your creatures abilities will be second nature to you.
    There is a lot to this game, pure genius, which is why I love it.

sakara214ever likes this.
  13. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Is it complex but this game is also single
    player and turn based, theres nothing you cant try or take your time to learn.

This game is not about rushing anything, its simply about having fun and playing with LOTS of numbers and variables. It gets quite addictive once you catch the drift :)

sakara214ever likes this.
  14. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Pagan Fox likes this.
  15. Lurchroboter

Lurchroboter Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2016
    Dont want to spam this thread, but i just need to get rid of another short praise... thank you so much, dear dev, for coming up with lore for all of the creatures... for me, this adds so much to the collecting element of the game... 700 little personalities! Yikes ! :)

16. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    S2 was a great game for long travels and I’m looking forward to settling down to an evening of fighting, farming and creating monsties with number 3.
    Extra thumbs up for the mifi support on these games.

17. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    One thing I’ve found... if I’m in a realm and click “save and exit”, then when I return to the game, I’m back in the castle. I think my stats have been saved but not my position in the realm.

Is this a bug?

18. Tickker

Tickker New Member

Dec 16, 2014
    Hello just bought this game today and it seems fun. I have just got to the 4th floor and found zonte's alter I think but I keep getting random crashes before I can finish the level.

https://imgur.com/a/EXKzg2Y

Hopefully this can get sorted as it's getting annoying to keep loosing all progress to a random crash

19. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    No this is normal, you will keep your progress (levels, drops, etc) but you will be back in Nex, reason is to avoid exploits

20. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    The patch that I promised has been uploaded for both Android and iOS! Android users should see it in about an hour. iOS users will hopefully see it sometime tomorrow, depending on how quickly Apple approves the patch.

Thanks to everyone for their patience!

Here are the changes:
    - ADD: You can now change the position, size, opacity, and color of touch controls.
    - CHANGE: Slightly decreased maximum possible realm size.
    - CHANGE: Added a slight delay to the interfaces that allow you to choose your name, gender, and class at the start of the game to prevent players from making an unintended choice.
    - FIX: Spell count in the library was wrong.
    - FIX: Directional pad on gamepads didn't acknowledge that it was being held down.
    - FIX: "Zoom" option scrolled very quickly.
    - FIX: Certain game options were available to mobile platforms that shouldn't have been.
    - FIX: Touch controls were sometimes drawn beneath other interface panels.
    - FIX: Tavern Brawl shop gave players the wrong runes.
    - FIX: Rare case where players couldn't obtain a cloud ID.
    - FIX: Crash related to enemies summoning temporary creatures.