Universal Siralim 2 (RPG / Roguelike)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 27, 2016.

1. JakConstantine

JakConstantine Active Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Male
    Good, but needs one or two fixes. Crashes when casting a spell, and sometimes battles, and can't save in the tutorial.

2. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    At the risk of sounding like an idiot (too late), how endless is this? Is there no end goal or main campaign to work towards?

3. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #103 Dailon80, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    Real imps needed
    I like this style of game and sounds great to me it's been on my wish list since it landed
    Should i buy it? I didn't care for any of the other releases this week and so I'm thinking I need to :)
    It's confusing to come to conclusions from this thread because it seems it was loved by all at first and now complaints are coming up.

4. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Have you tried YouTube? There's plenty of playthroughs and commentary vids up. I posted a couple on here a couple of pages back that really showed what the game was about.

...Google is your friiiiend

5. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I must be absent minded today thanks I usually go to playthroughs when on the fence but didn't think about that with this one thanks and I will check yours out and I have checked your vids out before good stuff!

6. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Definitely wish you could save mid realm and come back to that spot. Always starts you back at the castle when loading save

7. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Thanks! enjoying the video and I like the guys voice on it I am probably sold now but want to watch more first

8. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York

I would even say that's an essential feature in any game claiming to be a roguelike.

Very surprised (and disappointed) that the game resets dungeon every time.

9. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I had to go for it RPGs and roguelikes are my two fav types of games on App Store
    I think this will be good stuff!!
    That bug I really feel will be fixed or I might have passed but this dev is good at delivering on feedback

10. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    #110 Milotorou, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    No crashes here... literaly zero crashes on my end after nearly 20 hours of play, care to give more details ?

The tutorial doesnt even last 10 minutes, not being able to save for the first 10 minutes of play shouldnt be a problem to 99% of the players...

There are achievements (450ish) and theres a light storyline to follow, it really is endless though, new dungeons will always generate and levels will scale indefinitely, so you can play till you reach level 356950285 and still go on, and still have some kind of challenge.

You can still decide to stop playing after you beat the last story boss, or stop after getting all the achievements, or stop after reaching a certain goal you set yourself. The developper encourages you as the player to decide what satisfies your thirst.

So to end your question : there are some goals to work towards, but the game wont "end" there, if you feel like setting something additional you can. Just getting all the achievements youre looking at a few hundred hours of play though

100% Agree, im lucky since i have a 6s Plus with 2 gb of ram but id love this game to have savestates still, unfortunately since the game is engined by Game Maker i don't think it will be possible for Thylacine to implement this except if Game Maker implements save states themselves

11. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Above me
    I agree with you saving during a tutorial I've never heard of that
    By the way I also have a 6s plus are you saying a lot less issues with it and this game

12. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Didnt notice much issues to be honest, id say the only issue i have so far is that if i receive a call while playing i have no sound when i hang up the call and need to reboot the game to have sound again. When that happens ill usually finish whatever realm im exploring, save at the castle and reset the app.

I have another bug where i cannot move the virtual dpad down, but its already at the bottom of the screen so i just have to make sure i place it right without needed to lower it back, you can always reset settings to have everything back to initial positions anyway.

Never had any crashes, no gameplay glitches either, to save battery it looks like low power mode helps A LOT, like it reduce battery consumption by half maybe even more and is almost non noticeable in game (only thing i noticed is a 0.5sec framedrop when i move after entering a new area, so minor it might not even be worth mentionning)

If any of you guys here on the forums have questions, this game is my new addiction and ill do my best to answer and help people out :)

13. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Thanks yeah that sounds like no major issues to me
    I have a few games that drop sound after I take a call so I'm used to that and it's no big huge loss
    About to start playing it soon and I'm sure I will have some questions down the road :) thanks again
    Oh and the battery drain is a bit odd considering it's not a 4GB game, why is that? I've noticed on my 6s plus I haven't had many issues with battery drain

14. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Cheers for the answer. Good to hear there is some kind of story campaign, even if the game is endless after that. Great, informative response!

15. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    My guess is that since the game is constantly generating random numbers and variables it might make the RAM work a lot, cpu gets taxed by this as well, im sure some optimization could be done but still, its not the biggest battery drain either (nothing close to xcom or monster hunter)

Youre welcome Orangutan :) Dont hesitate if theres anything else.

By the way, dont hesitate to report whatever bug you may encounter either here or on Siralim2.com forums, compared to most games on the app store the dev here is very involved with the community and takes everyone's words dearly, you can ask anyone who played Siralim 1, Zack is very involved and listens to his community a lot. If theres bugs that hinder gameplay he will be quick to patch them.

16. ThylacineStudios

ThylacineStudios Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    I, along with dozens of other developers, have been begging the GameMaker team to fix this for over a year now. No luck so far. :(

Thanks for answering so many questions on here! I appreciate it.

17. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Gonna just start later today when things are quieter
    I got started and within 30 seconds of the tutorial starting I got a phone call :) sure enough no sound and that's not a deal breaker just funny how it happened
    It was just a sign for me to start later today
    Work is a pain hahaha

18. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    It's my pleasure, I like helping people #

Dailon : Only suggestion I have is : never feel rushed, this is the kind of game you can just take your time doing things, take the time to customize your party whenever you feel like it, nothing is time based in this game so its the game of game you play at your leisure.

Im at almost 20h of gameplay and im pretty sure im behind some people that played for 15 hours, but i dont mind, I play with absolutely no pressure and thats what makes this game fun, theres so much to do and nothing requires you to stress out about it, even if a fight is too hard you can just work a bunch of things around.

Very fun game :) I thought the first Siralim was a bit lacking sometimes especially with the tedious fights but this game managed to fix so much while adding so much as well.

19. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Good to hear I love taking my time w RPGs
    This game is so deep oh my god this rocks

20. JakConstantine

JakConstantine Active Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Male
    Hmm can't really. Mine is 5s and I tried Iphone 6 to. Unless it's the IOS if that helps, I know 10 is out very soon so, I'm updating to that.