Universal Siralim 2 (RPG / Roguelike)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 27, 2016.

1. ThylacineStudios

ThylacineStudios Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    If your device doesn't have enough RAM to spare for other apps, it'll semi-exit other apps to free up memory. I'm guessing this is what's happening here.

Can you take a screenshot or explain in more detail? I am not sure what you mean and haven't encountered this issue before.

2. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Is there a point to summoning the same creature more than once?

3. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    All the different little monster animations are awesome =D

4. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    You'll likely need multiple copies of certain creatures for breeding purposes later on.

5. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    some abilities can be used in multiples as well, a quick example would be the unicorn vivifer that revives another creature with a % chance kn his attacks, if you have two the two will have the ability

6. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Thanks guys

7. dudecoolguyman

dudecoolguyman Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    I played the first so many hours, soaked up a lot of my time. I'm excited to see this new version.
    To answer you, in the first version there was something wrong with the scaling if I recall and Thy fixed it in one of the first updates. The developer is one of the most dedicated developers ever on these forums, just search out his posts and you'll see. He loves his games. In the last one he "overhauled" it so many times it was mind blowing. Always expanding and adding new features, I feel like this version is his gem. I doubt he will stop adding to it though :)

I suggest you pick it up for the fact that its premium and the dev rocks so hard. It's small size should find a place on your device for a long time. It's a pretty great pick it up when you only have a few minutes game too because you could do one realm and be done (but good luck with that!). There is so much to do now!

8. Armadi

Armadi Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2016
    #68 Armadi, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
    I think I ran into a bug.

I unequipped some spell gems to change which creatures had them equipped, and the unequipped gems disappeared.

Edit: well, I closed my game without saving and lost the part of my save where I acquired the new creatures involved, but I think maybe I was trying to equip nature gems to non-nature creatures and that's why the gems "disappeared." probably they were still there, just not eligible.

9. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    I remember you from last time - great to see you back for Siralim 2! Thanks for your continued support.

They must be there somewhere, or still equipped to the creature.

10. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    I'm stuck already....I must be terrible at this game. Trying to get into the level 3 realm and I can't get past the shielding/healing tunneled boss. I have 5 monsters and all are level 6. I one shot everything on realm 2 so not sure what else I should be doing here.

11. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Make sure you have proper artifacts equipped, also important to note the monsters accompanying the boss are random, i died the first time because the opposing monster abilities were screwing me up big time !

12. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    Don't worry. I think I am worse. Had to restart because forgot to extract creatures. Now I also can't get past first boss.

13. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Farming a couple of floors and mixing up my team helped, went back and smashed his face in first time.
    I think he's the first real challenge, as though the floors before are practice and the game's like "ok now go think about your team, get some gems and gear and come back" #

14. Exuare

Exuare Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    @ the dev: Regarding gamepads/controllers for the iPhone. I just snagged the Logitech Powershell (new for only €15,-!) but it doesn't seem to work with Siralim 2. You've said before that you can't tell which ones will work and which ones won't (because of the amount available) but... Would it be possible to add the Logitech Powershell to the game?

Cheers!

15. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Unfortunately, I don't have control over which gamepads work. The game is built with Gamemaker (not to be confused with RPG Maker...) so it's up to them to add support for various gamepads. They're constantly trying to add support for new ones, though, and I'll be sure to work it into future releases as needed!

16. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    If it makes you feel any better, I got stuck on this boss during my iOS playthrough as well. Try to get a 6th creature - even if it's only there to break the boss' "shell" buff - and try to find some new spell gems as stat reduction effects are extremely strong in boss fights.

17. Havelcek

Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Thank you - I finally had a lucky round and got past it

I never played the first game so I've had the full learning curve here - really fun game.

18. Exuare

Exuare Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    No worries :) Love the game either way.

If they bring support for this gamepad dus it get updated with Siralim 2 too?

19. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Siralim has been a long time favourite of mine so this gets an instant purchase. Furthermore if you release for vita and ps4 I'll rebuy it there too. Congrats on the release, Thylacine!

20. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Oh oh! Found a bug. iPad Air 2. When I move the touch controls around the visual representation moves but the actual input doesn't. So it looks like it moves but the actual controls remain in the default (and slightly offscreen) position.