Universal Siralim 2 (RPG / Roguelike)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 27, 2016.

1. ThylacineStudios

ThylacineStudios Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    You'll need a device with at least 1GB RAM to run it properly, sorry!

2. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    I think you should add this to the app description to ensure customers dont get upset #

3. nenastya

nenastya Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Female
    Russia
    A new roguelike?! Great!:cool:

4. Cyl

Cyl Active Member

Nov 15, 2013
    France
    Great game so far :)
    Just a few questions about the mecanics :
    Is there a bonus for matching the class of the creatures with our character ?
    Is there a bonus to have a single class team of creatures ?

5. Septim

Septim Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Indeed I'm on an iPhone 6. Seems odd to happen on one device. Oh well, it's tolerable.

6. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Im on a 6s Plus and it does that too, i put it on 4x zoom though, its not present on 4x zoom

7. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I never really played the first one, Maybe 10 minutes, but this one looks even more amazing. with the outstanding praise on steam, and this amazing dev, (and the fact that I love roguelikes) I'm diving in !!

8. riverstomp

riverstomp Active Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Why the heck is this not mentioned anywhere in the description on the app store ? :confused:

9. PSquared

PSquared Active Member

Nov 4, 2013
    #49 PSquared, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    It is always such a shame when someone with severely outdated hardware buys a game and then rates it poorly because it won't run on their outdated hardware. I understand it can be frustrating being unable to play a brand new game on a device that released in 2011 but hurting a hardworking indie dev with a bad review for that reason is a bit... Undeserved.

10. Exuare

Exuare Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    This. Fully agree.

11. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    Just a little question. I am total new at this game, never played the first Siralim and never played jrpg. (I do am familiar with rpg like baldurs gate etc) First time for everything.
    I am learning the ropes. There is something I don't understand regarding the fights. I am in a fight with the first boss and my creatures are randomly casting spells between attacks. Spells I didn't ordered. What causes that.
    Any tips regarding fights in general?
    Thanks in advance.

12. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Certain runes or gems can do that, maybe even an artifact. Look in menus for these. The desrciptions of them should tell you. Gems and artifacts are under creatures, runes under character. You have to select each creature to see equipped gems or artifacts for that creature. Might even be a creatures attribute causing it.

13. Thorster

Thorster Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Germany
    iOS Heaven

This reply is completely useless but I'm so delighted that Siralim 2 even hit the German App Store that I just need to tell someone. Sorry.

Thanks a lot. :)

14. triwolf

triwolf Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2012
    I played the first one and rather liked it, but ended up giving it up. I felt I had hit a difficulty wall or something, because after about 10 hours of gameplay I kept dying over and over. In any other rpg I'd grind xp/gold or whatever to keep progressing, but it wasn't possible because of the way enemy difficulty scaled up with character level.... And I did not see any way of overcoming that problem, so I stopped playing.

So I'd say the learning curve was too steep for me, but I was sad not to be able to continue...

I'm worried that I'll run into the same problem in Siralim 2, am I right to think that or not?

15. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    #55 Milotorou, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    I agree... I can understand the deception but giving the devs a 1 star review because your hardware cannot run it is not fair, the fact your device cannot run the game doesnt make the game bad.

On the other hand it was definitely not advertised so i would understand 100% this guy asking for a refund, and of course as i already said earlier i suggest that the devs write such details in the app description, now it just slipped, errors happen.

At least when he asked he was answered by the dev right away, its not like the dev kept it hidden and came days later to give the information. Its always possible to ask a question or point out an issue without giving a 1 star rating right away

In the same way you could on the earlier "realms" to grind, so if you get for example on realm 7 and cannot beat the boss you can go back on realm 6 and farm for a bit, on that of that, by going to realm 6 again you can earn more worshipping towards a god to get some additional power ups. Grind is always opened on Siralim, it is literaly impossible to hit a wall that prevents you moving forward :)

Oh and enemies dont scale the same way, in siralim 1 they would always scale but get bonuses on higher realms, this time around levels of enemies are fixed by realm, so for example enemies on Realm 6 are always level 7

16. joseywales

joseywales Member

Aug 17, 2016
    Blaming a consumer for not being fully informed is really...underserved. The dev was quickly forthcoming about it but that really should have been a front end type of thing so someone doesn't lose time on trying to get a refund for a product they've purchased. Great game btw

17. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Is it just me, or does this game eat through your battery?

18. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Did you keep frameskipping on ? With frameskipping off it devours my battery like a madman. With frameskipping off its consuming but ive seen worse, not as light on power like those square enix games but definitely not Monster Hunter battery eating level

19. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    When your in a Library scrolls off the the screen on the right side how do you see the rest? I've tried every button combo but can't get it to page down.

20. iamseamonster

iamseamonster Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Is anyone else experiencing this: when im interrupted and have to switch out of the app, when i come back i am back in the castle rather than the realm i'm in. Kinda sucks to lose that progress when checking email or internet. Otherwise loving this