Universal Siralim 2 (RPG / Roguelike)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Ag3ntP3ndergast

Ag3ntP3ndergast Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Stupid question but why is the video for siralim 2 video of the quest and not video of siralim 2?

2. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Huh? What video?

3. Ag3ntP3ndergast

Nov 5, 2016
    I'm using the touch arcade app and under the entry for siralim there's a video of a trailer for The Quest HD.

Maybe it's just a glitch specific to me.

4. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Okay, found it. It was in the latest post about Siralim 2.
    The video about The Quest HD is simply there because just above it there is a reference to that game.

5. Ag3ntP3ndergast

Nov 5, 2016
    Okay thanks for clearing that up. :)

6. NaughtHere

NaughtHere Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    I like this game, but I'm really tired of it freezing and crashing whenever I get a call or switch to another app. Whenever it does this, I lose all my progress since my last save.

I'm using an iPhone 6s+ running the latest version of iOS.

Is this a known issue or is this just my phone?

7. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Just FYI - This just came out on the PlayStation PSN store. Looks good but never played it on mobile.

8. ArthurTerry

ArthurTerry Member

Mar 22, 2017
    Has anyone got any recommendations about what I can play after Siralim 2?

I've sank nearly 200 hours into this - it's been one of the best games I've played on iOS. The churning things around and trying to beat the high level sigils to do better and better has reminded me really fondly of Disgaea item worlds. Hmm, lovely.

Unfortunately, I have to consider life after Siralim? Which will be filled with sadness and misery unless I start lining something up.

9. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Without knowing what sort of games you like (apart from Siralim) or what sort of things you look for in a game, I would suggest Heroes of Steel. This is a massive rpg with some excellent turn based combat and a lot of game to be played.

10. ArthurTerry

ArthurTerry Member

Mar 22, 2017
    #270 ArthurTerry, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    Thanks for the reply. Heroes of Steel looks definitely like something I'd pick up - and something I've not really heard of.

Sorry, if I wasn't too clear - or not wanting to go too off topic - about games I like, I've just adored this game though.

The reviewer put it best about how it's like you're trying to "break" the game in your team set up. Normally - and I do really like SRPGs - there's a lot to do within a battle to win, but with Siralim pretty much all of the action takes place in the set up. I have so much happening now when a battle starts that it's usually over before I even get a chance to cast a spell or attack. It's pretty close to being "broken" - and has been an awful lot of fun getting there.

Whilst I've played and enjoyed stuff like The Quest and Crashlands (purely talking mobile games) they've not excited me as much as say Imbroglio - again it's this kind of drilling down into a well thought out, revelatory strategy mechanic and then applying it to a rogue like scenario. Possibly why Card Thief is tempting me this week.

Siralim 2 has had so many elements as well as the strategy - collecting monsters, better items, grafting skills and traits on - all little rewards along the way - that I've really felt spoiled by the game.

Anyway, thanks for the recommendation. Certainly be glad to hear of any others.

11. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Templar Battleforce from the same dev is also great, much to dig into. The skill/upgrade tree is a thing to behold.

Gets updated regularly too, top stuff.

12. ThylacineStudios

ThylacineStudios Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
  13. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    You guys are crazy, I thought you were done with this game !? Haha wonderful dev, can't wait for you to announce your next game! I'll buy it already without even knowing what it is ! Lol

14. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Oh wow. Excellent timing.
    I was going through my old games looking for one to startup again. You just made that decision for me. Thanks. #

And yes...the current icon is....yuk!

15. ThylacineStudios

ThylacineStudios Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    The update is out now! Enjoy!

16. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    #276 Makoto, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    I can finally play this on my old ipad2 (at least past the tutorial) after this update, thanks so much!
    I seem to encounter a little problem though. After I adjusted the virtual buttons' locations and re-entered the game, the buttons fell off the screen and I can't reach them anymore. I'd like to post a screenshot but somehow it doesn't work, sorry.

EDIT: oops, it fixed after I rebooted the game...

17. sarazeen

sarazeen Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Um, am I the only one who sees this or did Siralim just go free? Because I just downloaded it for free from my second Apple Account, though I'd bought it ($4.99) almost six months ago from my primary account.

18. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
  19. Notturno

Notturno Active Member

Mar 8, 2015
    Brazil
    huh why is this suddently free, any particular reason? I just paid for it lol

20. sarazeen

sarazeen Member

Jun 24, 2016
    I think because it's going to become the App Store Free App of the Week. I THINK.