Universal Siralim 2 (RPG / Roguelike)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Ag3ntP3ndergast

Ag3ntP3ndergast Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2016

Hmmmm.... I don't know. Depends on how much time you spend on the iOS version to be honest. I'm only like level 60 or something, realm level 48, and I've had it for a while ( although I haven't played it a bunch, or everyday.)

One thing I just thought of is if it's a year or two before the vita version launches... If you don't get it now then it could be years before you get the game on vita, on the other hand if you do get it would be years of progress lost.

Oh yeah.... Silly me. I forgot..... There's cloud save available on this game, so all of my thinking maybe a moot point. You can cloud save your current progress and account on the main menu of siralim 2. Just be sure to save your account info like username and password, etc. when you create your account on siralim and you should be good to go.

I highly doubt they won't have the same cloud save feature on Vita, so you should be fine. If you're still concerned you could email the developers and ask if the cloud save on siralim 2 for vita will be able to import cloud saves from siralim 2 on other devices.

Google thylacine studios and their website should come up..... Something like thylacine studios .com I think. Anyway, their email should be on there somewhere.

If you're concerned I would just email them the question.... If they say yes then you can buy.... If done quickly the sale may still be on by the time they answer back. Or you can just take the plunge. Up to you.

One more thing: there is this thing called the black line bug on this game.... Supposedly they squashed that bug in an update, but someone just posted saying they haven't, at least for them. Depending on your device you may see black lines going up the screen when playing.

I get this bug too, but to a milder extent. ( I'm running an iPhone 5S with iOS 9) there are only a few black lines for me and they only appear occasionally, and when I'm moving. If you get my version of the bug, IMHO it's not a deal breaker. If it's worse than that, tho, that could be bad, and is something to consider.

2. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    #242 HotHamBoy, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    Oh cool, of there is a cloud save that isn't based on iCloud then that might make everything alright.

And just FYI, if anyone is curious, the dev said a couple months ago they expected to release the PS4 and Vita versions of the game in January. I think it's going to take a little longer but it won't be a year. And they did confirm last week that it is still coming to Vita.

You can get the first Siralim on Vita, too.

I decided to just buy the game on iPad for now. $2 to support the devs, no big deal. I honestly have a lot of respect for any developer that follows through on a Vita port. We Vita owners may be few but we are loyal!

3. Ag3ntP3ndergast

Nov 5, 2016
    I'm glad if I was any help. :) thanks for buying the game.... I'm glad someone in addition to me is supporting the developers.

One other thing you may want to know is you should look on the thylacine website at the siralim 2 forums.... There are lots of posts on there with advice for newcomers to siralim, as well as useful stuff like ideal monster teams to have, etc. You'll especially want to look there for advice after you run into some of the more difficult bosses on siralim... Some of them require some creative thinking to get past.

Just my two cents.

4. Ag3ntP3ndergast

Nov 5, 2016
    Also, yes I think the cloud save is not based on icloud so it should work for vita :)

5. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    It is most definitely not icloud based, since you can share your save between pc and mobile ;)

6. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Yeah, only when I do a move and not every time. It's not game breaking but kind of annoying.

7. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    #247 Makoto, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    Hi, is the dev still active here? I just bought this game and it keeps crashing on the first tutorial battle... So far I've only made it through the tutorial once...(I was trying to see the different starting settings of all classes)
    Btw, the option to move the A & B buttons to the right seems not working

EDIT: oh, I'm using an old ipad2 on iOS 8.3, if that matters

8. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    I cant help regarding the crashes, as far as moving buttons is concerned that bug seems like its just happening during the tutorial.

9. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    I dunno, it seems to me that the button bug also exists in my only save that has passed the tutorial... And what's worse, I realized that it also crashes every single time when a battle begins after the tutorial

10. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Pretty sure it is due to the device your using, game isnt very demanding but it needs one thing to function : RAM.

I think the iPad 2 might be too limited in that regard

11. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Yeah, I guess so... Thanks anyway

12. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #252 stubbieoz, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    I have the game installed on my iPad Pro and my iPhone 6.

I'm going to install it on my old iPad 2 using iOS 9.3.5.
    I will let you know how it goes.

EDIT:
    Okay played for about 15 minutes. Tutorial played fine. I was able to relocate and resize the dpad and action button controls with no problem.
    I had the display set to FPS Skipping and High Performance on.
    Game plays fine, perhaps a bit slower than on the iPad Pro but that is to be expected. But the game was very playable. No crashes at all, and I encountered half a dozen battles during this short test.

I suspect it is the iOS version you have installed rather than the iPad 2 hardware.
    Let me know if I can test/help you anymore.

13. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Despite my games backlog and not really being a fan of the genre I thought this deserved a purchase to support the dev. The original release passed me by so happy to get it on sale.

I'm looking forward to being converted. :cool:

14. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Thanks so much for your test!
    My display setting is the same as yours, and I've even tried turning off the music and SE, since I recall that the only time I made it through the tutorial is mysteriously mute, yet it still crashes.
    Maybe it's about the OS rather than the hardware, since your iPad 2 behaves well.
    The iOS upgrades still bother me though, since it seems that with each major upgrade, some classic titles become broken, like the SE RPGs...
    Again, thanks for your efforts!

15. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    OH, I upgraded my device to iOS 9.3.5, yet it still crashes. Maybe it indeed is about my device...
    Oh...

16. Ag3ntP3ndergast

Nov 5, 2016

Welcome to the fold, thevim. Siralim 2 is an awesome religion... Err game I mean. ;)

Seriously tho this game should have a cult-like following, if it doesn't already.

17. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I am very, very sorry.
    What I always thought was an iPad 2 is actually an iPad 3.
    This iPad was given to me by my wife, who told me it was an iPad 2.
    But after reading your latest post I tried playing the game again for some time to see if I could get it to crash like yours but it still worked fine.

So I just checked the model number on the back of the iPad (A1430) and went to the Apple site and have now found out it is actually a 3rd Generation iPad.

So I am very sorry that I have given you wrong information. I hope that upgrading the iOS has not caused you any problems running your other games.
    I humbly apologise. ☹️

18. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    I guess that makes my claim still valid :/

Wish it was something else but I guess the ipad 2 is getting old

19. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    NO, it's OK, I really appreciate your help! And maybe it's just time for me to upgrade anyway. I upgraded from iOS 7 to 8 only for beta testing Dream Quest's last update ;)

20. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Yeah, it probably is. Since the upgrade, the game generally crashes right after answering the questions (which is earlier than the first tutorial battle), and I guess that's because the new iOS takes more RAM than before