Sir Revs-a-Lot Promo Codes

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by SmallMike, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Good news, everyone! Our new game, Sir Revs-a-Lot has just been approved in the app store. Below is a brief description, game play video, and 10 promo codes. Please let me know what you think, particularly if there are any problems!

YouTube Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZYEWhPcYos

iTunes URL:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=318210353&mt=8

Aliens have attacked but they're no match for your sweet ride! Laugh at their measly bombs as you destroy them, and anything else that gets in your way, with nothing more than your trusty car, Sir Revs-a-Lot. Unfortunately Sir Revs-a-Lot has one small problem: an empty gas tank sets of a cataclysmic chain reaction, ending in the total destruction of Sir Revs and its driver! The solution: stay in the air where you can idle, thereby using less fuel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Promo Codes:

34NFHT3WTER7
    LPKRRLHW9EPL
    7YRR9AEFHP4P
    E6XJNYN47WH9
    NM3F9XFK9ARM
    3R7R494TMJW7
    LP9A3R4TR344
    AFWXJ7YKRWN3
    93J3XR7ATLT6
    XY4979MT96RR

- Mike

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    took 7YRR9AEFHP4P. Thanks, the game looks interesting

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Looks pretty cool, I took 93J3XR7ATLT6.

4. thepoisonivy

thepoisonivy Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Chicago, Illinois
    grabbed LP9A3R4TR344 thanks :D

5. lamdogkc

lamdogkc Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    i took XY4979MT96RR
    thanks

6. PureSkill

PureSkill Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    All Codes are Gone! :(

7. jasonsmith

jasonsmith Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
  8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm currently 1st on the leaderboards for best combo and longest air time :)

The gameplay is fun, but there are some things I'd love from an update:
    • A few one-liners - the game obviously doesn't take itself too seriously so I think it'd be cool if there was a kind of "John Gore-style" cheesy line when you do something like get a certain number of combos.
    • A main menu that fits the theme of the game more, it's a little plain at the moment. Custom text and some background artwork would make it much more appealing.
    • A career mode. At the moment it feels more like a quick-play kinda mode, I think it'd be cool if you could save after each level (include a level select), and add to that some more background graphics and new enemy types as you progress. I could even imagine this game having bosses, how about a huge alien-piloted mech running down the street that requires a certain number of hits before it's destroyed?
    • Going with the career idea, powerups and unlockable content. Different car colours & paint jobs, new cars, an emergency boost powerup (when you're need a bit more air time, hit the boost button and flames eject from the exhaust sending you up into the air).
    • And finally... I'm not feeling the design of the UFO. It's trying to be 3D in a 2D game and doesn't really fit the style, plus the angle is odd since you're viewing the game from the side yet you can see underneath the UFO.

All in all, it's a game with a lot of potential. I really like the idea, the controls work perfectly and it's easy to get into. At the moment it feels like a quick 5-minute arcade game, but with a little work it could turn into something much more.

9. MidianGTX, thanks for the comments.

We definitely plan on doing some updates that add various extras. Some of the ideas in the queue are fuel-ups, thrusters, rampolines (it's a bouncy ramp), and black holes (they put you back on the ground). Though the first update will probably be some performance enhancements.

I like the one-liners idea a lot. I would have a lot of fun with that, though it would probably annoy some people. It would be easy enough to make optional.

You can currently quit and resume your current game. Obviously that is a far cry from a career mode, but it allows you to exit and come back at any time (the saving is automatic when you close the application).

Thanks for trying out the game and thanks for the input.

-Mike

10. evilito

evilito Active Member

Aug 19, 2009
    I purchased it, its pretty fun trying to see how long I can keep it in the air. I did get an achiement but was not specific on what it was, maybe a bug, was after 15 or so bounces. Perfect fun game for when you are killing time.

11. That was probably the 10+ Combo achievemnt. And it is definately a bug if it didn't say what the achievement was. I think OpenFeint 2.1 is still a little buggy (OpenFeint is the service I am using for scores / achievements). I'll definately make a note to try and reproduce that.

If you go to the OpenFeint dashboard from the main menu, you can see what achievements you have accomplished, and the other ones available.

- Mike

12. thepoisonivy

thepoisonivy Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Chicago, Illinois
    Great game! i just finished playing for a while and im now #1 on the leaderboards in most areas. I doubt that will last long though but it is nice for now. Im going to leave my itunes review soon. Is there a thread in the main games section for this? I would like to leave impressions where more people will see it. :D again great game and thanks for the code.

13. This is the only thread I started for the game. I didn't want spam the forums. Are you referring to the "iPhone and iPod Touch Games" section? Maybe I'll start a thread over there on our first update with some more promo codes.