Universal Sir Questionnaire (by Orange Pixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, May 23, 2018.

1. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

- Will look into the stoned enemies. Originally was possible to smash them, so it's a bug for sure.
    - the thrown/crown sitting might be because of achievement being unlocked at that point. Are you logged into gamecenter (achievement option should be in the options menu)? (I know this is a problem on some devices due to gamecenter)
    - will also look at the imp-skulls (those are the red-skulls btw, just to be sure you are aiming for the right ones)

2. Punchram

Punchram Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Thanks for the response. I am logged into Gamecenter and did get the True King achievement. It's odd because it happens randomly and is not crown specific. Sometimes it crashes and other times it works fine. RE: imp skulls, yeah, I've picked up about 5 of the red skulls over the last day or so and have had none of them register for the objective.

3. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Would like to see different races
    Like human, dead, orc, Minotaur each with different starting stats.
    And unlock them of course the more you play

4. orangepascal

The newly added "Hats/outfit" gives some room for that, just have to redo the interface a bit to leave room for more options, AND, come up with a few interesting additions. Right now you can play as a Warrior or Wizard, if you unlock them. More to come!

5. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Could someone share some information about attributes please? I find that it is not that simple like attack +1 then my default cane’s attack points will +1, thanks :)

6. orangepascal

Attack - increases strength on non-magic, and non-projectile weapons, and usage of shield increases. It's not a direct +1 for all weapons since there is more math behind it, but it does increase the damage weapons do

Magic - same as attack, but for magical weapons, but also magical items will be more powerful or can be used for more turns.

Agility - more chance to hit highly-moveable creatures like bats, but also more chance to be able to run out of a room with bigger enemies without getting hit on the way out

Luck - chance of finding rare items, chance of picking the right door, more luck that monsters miss in their attack, etc.

Alchemy - coins become worth more

Craft - increases the turns that a weapon might last.

I also plan to do one or more tips&tricks emails through the Orangepixel newsletter, with secrets and hints and possibly an exclusive unlockable. So if you want more, make sure to sign up for that! at the orangepixel.net website (or from the game's pop-up box) :)

7. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Thanks developer for replying my question, I am already subscribed newsletter, wish there are more contents soon. :D

8. orangepascal

9. orangepascal

v1.1.2 is live, it fixed a small bug that caused inventory to be unusable in landscape mode.. sorry!

New stuff coming to the new update (soon):

- "Hordes" of enemies. Some creatures like to travel in packs, so there will be more than 1 enemy in a room
    - Inventory will be sorted by type
    - And possibly some new creatures.

10. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    I’m persevering, but still not quite “Getting” it yet

• Longest streak: Level 8
    • Learned some uses for items
    • Found out that Codex gradually gets more info, seemingly the more you see creatures / objects, may be some clues here
    • Used crown on throne a few times
      • Does that mean those types will NEVER appear again, or just that run?
      • I’m not sure which I’ve banished, is it keeping track somewhere?
      • Is the aim to banish them all eventually??
    Not figured out uses for a few items, is anyone doing a guide of any kind?

11. orangepascal

Crown-effect is only for your current game.
    There is a reason for banishing things, but I don't want to spoil that for you :) It's not required tho! but it does help..

hmm.. and some overview on currently banned creature could be interesting to add, looking into that!

I do plan to mail out a guide tips&tricks and an exclusive character/hat unlock through my mailinglist soon, so signing up for that might be interesting ! (www.orangepixel.net)

12. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Ah, looking forward to it!

Worked out some things (like carnivorous plants, and the crown / throne thing), but loads still a mystery - cyclops eye, stone shard, string (the Minotaur somehow?), slime jar, and I’m thinking there’s lots of other stuff...

Hopefully others are figuring some of this out now and we may get some tips coming in

13. orangepascal

Version 1.2.0 is uploading to Apple, and comes with the following stuff:

A new major build, this update adds “modifiers” to the monsters. There are currently seven different modifier states:

• Dark Magic: very dangerous version of the monster, much stronger, much meaner, and extremely likely to hit (kill) you
    • Savage – much stronger and aggressive versions of the monster
    • Deadly – more health and more strength
    • Shielded – magic won’t harm it.
    • Sick – Half it’s normal energy
    • Confused – Very unlikely to attack, and only half it’s energy
    • Exhausted – Half it’s normal hit-strength and half it’s energy
    There is also a new special room, you’ll bump into it soon enough! ;) and monsters can now show up in hordes of 2 or 3. Besides all those things, there are also a bunch of interface improvements, and still a few more updates I have planned to come!

Give it a day for Apple to process it!

New things in this build:

• add: Inventory is now sorted on item types.
    • add: improved settings menu, and added settings
    • add: Monster modifiers. Giving monsters slightly different stats and skills when encountered.
    • add: Improved pause menu
    • add: show item/monster along-side the objective
    • add: banished monsters info is now shown in codex
    • add: Some creatures can now spawn in Hordes. More enemies in a single room
    • add: monsters can now have their back turned to you when entering the room
    • add: Trap-treasure items
    Fixes and changes:

• fix: Imp’s now 20% more likely to drop an imp-skull (70% if you have the objective)
    • fix: outfit showed left-button, without any options on it.
    • fix: damage done is now actual weapon-damage.. even if monster had less HP
    • fix: mouse controls in settings menu
    • fix: added Blob room text
    • fix: add quest count to card info (more clearer than just in the description)
    • fix: sometimes it was possible to still perform action while walking out the room

14. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    1.2.0 had a very nasty bug . I have been played 1.2.0 on my iPhone 8 and iPad pro 10.5 inch both with iOS 11.4 and every time I play the game crashes after a random time (the game stops and gets me back to the homescreen) when I reopen the game my session was not saved , so I have to start from scratch again. Because this happens every time I play the game it in fact makes the game unplayable . I did not have this problem prior to 1.2.0

15. orangepascal

A fix is on it's way (along with some new monsters). Trying to push the update before the weekend, just need to test some final things and then it's good to go!

16. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Quick as always . Forgot to mention one thing , for me this is the most addicting game you made since Heroes of Loot . Can’t stop playing

17. orangepascal

I can't seem to stop working on it ;)
    new update already has 4 new monsters, a few new hats (playable characters), a few tweaks, and a bunch of balancing improvements.

And there are a few more monsters coming in the update after that !

18. orangepascal

Pushing v1.3.0 a little sooner than I wanted, the bug seems to be more annoying than I thought at first. So 99.43215% sure I fixed the crash bugs :) BUT 100% sure I added at least TWO dragons!

Version should be live (hopefully) on Thursday-ish.

New stuff:
    • add: new monster Water Dragon
    • add: new monster Fire Dragon
    • add: Fire-bats
    • add: new monster imp-skeleton
    • add: new hat, Skelly
    • add: new outfit, Voodoo mask, unlock info available for mailinglist subscribers!
    • add: broken parts of Snake statues, or Balls of yarn, now have a decent chance of hitting you in the face (-hp).
    Fixes:
    • fix: redesigned Outfit menu, adding room for more outfits!
    • fix: Gate-keeper monsters (end of floor) are now tougher
    • fix: Kings are now tougher (especially noticeable early in the game)
    • fix: various rare crashes
    • fix: cane now do damage based on your attack skill points (instead of 1)
    • fix: drinking from filled bottle wouldn’t turn it into an empty bottle
    • fix: stoneSnake item now properly useable

19. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Stuck with it and it started to click/can’t put down.

Question - noticed that My weapon was “smoking” at one point....what does that mean?

Always appreciate how responsive you are to user feedback.

20. B3Nder82

B3Nder82 Active Member

Jan 25, 2018
    i think, thats not ur weapon, that´s u. if u got bitten by a snake for example u could get poisened. not really sure about this.