Single Player RPG games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by marc512, May 11, 2009.

1. skamando

skamando Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Student
    Folsom, CA
    What's ugly about Vay's interface? It's the same as Apple's, just different word's and symbols. Are you saying that Apple's interface is ugly?

2. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Inotia is the only one I've tried. Personally, I find it best looking. But, I stopped playing it as much as I did for the first few days. Getting towards the end you have to grind a lot to level. There's a free lite version for it so do a search on iTunes.

3. AchillesReborn

AchillesReborn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Chronicles of Inotia is the worst looking of the few RPGs I have tried. The others I have tried are The Quest (easily the best RPG), Underworlds (looks the nicest, and is fun to play, but lacks the depth of The Quest) and Vay (okay, but nothing special). COI looked and played like a bad flash game, had a terrible story, boring repetitive gameplay, and was a complete embarrassment to my iPhone.

4. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    C'mon they are different. Apple's UI is great for a general interface, Vay UI is bad because they put ZERO effort in the interface and just use the bare minimum aka default interface. Plus, the black bar on the side is just pure ugly. That's where the term polish comes from: interface, menu, graphics, etc.

5. marc512

marc512 Active Member

May 11, 2009
    #25 marc512, May 12, 2009
    Last edited: May 12, 2009
    cheers people! i didnt think there was that many single player rpgs out there :D im going to go reading all over these replys again and try and work out what ones got recommended more then ill try them :) i have tried underworlds on another itouch its seems a ok game but i still cant get hang of it when attacking, i keep moving instead of attacking.
    Just skim reading through towards the end the apps Rouge zenonia quest and vay seem to be the most favourite.
    Just another quick question
    ----------------------------------------------
    Is there any offline text rpg games like imob ?

i was playing dark throne yesterday and i got quite addicted to it and just started wondering if there are any like that for the itouch?

Dark Throne

6. Xood

Xood Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Casual Game Developer (Coder,CTO,CEO)
    Germany
    I am actually "working" on making one for the iPhone. But might take a while as I don't have even a mac yet. lol.
    But at least I got an idea on how the game play will be like. And it's going to be single player with the possibility of multiplayer in mind.

7. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    go get Zenonia :)

8. Harejordan

Harejordan Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Library Page
    San Jose, CA
    If you like the original Zelda(before the N64) type of gameplay but with RPG elements, Zenonia is a good bet. It may seem a little steep at $5.99 but I've put tons of hours into it so far and don't think I'm even near the 1/4 point. It's incredibly addicting.

I would say definitely try The Quest. I tried the lite and couldn't get into it myself, but different people have different tastes.

Vay, from what I've read, seems like your typical Jrpg. It is a port of a SegaCD game with no further polishing for the port, but seems like a solid save the world RPG.