Universal Sine Mora (by Digital Reality)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Jul 13, 2013.

1. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    It's not a matter of a dollar or more, i just want to know how's other think about the game, how about you? :) Review please :D

2. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

For me it's pretty much one of the best shmups available for iOS. Great graphics, kinda decent story, gameplay mechanics such as slo-mo (good for tough bosses), about 8-10 missions, old-style upgrade system (pick up power-ups through stages), etc.

My ONE AND ONLY complaint is that it lacks MFi suppport which should be a must for this game, since it can be pretty difficult sometimes where movement must be precise (avoid stage obstacles / go through a tunnel-ish path / others). It supports iCade controllers, but as of iOS9, mine doesn't work (iPega 9025).

For $0.99 I think I could forgive the MFi support lack and totally head into this game. It's totally playable via touch controls, even though it may prove quite difficult at first. Still, that's just my opinion because I'm kind of a shmup lover (doesn't mean I'm good at playing them).

It hasn't been updated in a long time, so I think the price drop could also be related to later iOS versions not being supported (32-bit apps/games won't run on newer versions) and could eventually be removed from the AppStore, too. I don't know, I'm just being paranoid.

Back to the game: It's good, feels good and plays good. No IAPs/Ads. Definitely get it.

3. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Wow, nice review, thank you sir :)

4. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    The question was, does it play well on iOS 10 or higher?

5. yankeeblue000

Aug 29, 2016
    Is this still played in the letter box format or full screen?

6. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

I'll let you know tomorrow. I'll ask a friend to download it and test it on iOS10 (I'm still running iOS9).

And I just checked. It's latest update included 64-bit support, so we should be able to still play it on future iOS versions. Nice. I wish they added MFi support, too.

7. yankeeblue000

Aug 29, 2016
    Thank you. Just one more question, please. Does it still run in letterbox view or is it full screen now?

8. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    The game is still presented in letter box format but with the viewing area pushed all the way to the top and virtual controlls in the black are at the bottom.

It seems to run fine on iOS 10.3.

It is 64-bit compatible.

It has several control options including relative touch.

There are reports of crashing in some AppStore reviews but I never experienced any.

9. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Actual Screenshot.

I just took a screenshot of the game running on my iPhone 6. Go ahead and grab it now! xD

Attached Files:

10. yankeeblue000

Aug 29, 2016
    Thank you

11. yankeeblue000

Aug 29, 2016
    Oooh okay, if you insist.:D:D. Thanks

12. yankeeblue000

Aug 29, 2016
    Thanks for the help & the great advice. This game is soo good. I'm having a lot of fun