Universal Sine Mora (by Digital Reality)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, Jul 13, 2013.

1. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Oh, no! NOOOOO! Damn, this really hurts. Okay, let's breathe.. keep calm, Kitty. It'll come back, and soon, too. :eek:

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Makes 2 of us. I hate myself right now.

3. witedahlia

witedahlia Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Love playing this on my Vita. Hope they bring it back to iOS.

4. twistedmind87

twistedmind87 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
  5. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Noooo!!!!

6. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Any idea how much this costs on the PS Vita?

7. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I was watching the trailer again and noticed it starts with "Microsoft Studios" as the publisher but it's on PSN as well? Just thought that was strange.

But then I also didn't see the thing at the bottom saying it wasn't optimized even for a 4S? WTF, I thought a 4S was pretty much the same hardware as the iPhone 5 except without the bigger screen.

Oh well, I'll wait until it comes out. In the meantime, this somehow passed my by on XBLA so think I'll at least check out the demo there.

8. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Costs 10 bucks (US store) but I got it for free from ps plus.

9. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the trailer was a really early one back when it was a XBLA exclusive. Glad it made it's way past that to other systems.

10. Bluejunco

Bluejunco Active Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Overpriced!

11. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Sometimes developers upload a game when it's still in alpha or beta just to reserve the name. To do that they need to set a release date, even if they don't actually plan on releasing then. Many accidental releases happen when they forget that the release date they set is arriving and they don't change it.

12. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Trust me when I tell you that you would think about it differently if you had played it on any other Plattform yet. I do own the Game on my PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Xbox 360, PC and I will buy it in an blink of an eye as soon as the Game will pop up again on the iTunes Store simple because I believe that the Game is currently (if not the best) one of the best shmup on the Market and I, while speaking only for me, would pay every price tag they would put on it just to own it on every platform/Console/... I do own.

Message to the Developer:

I`m currently don`t own it yet on my Nintendo 3DS XL/iOS/Ouya and my Wallet is ready to change that as soon as I see the Game showing up on the eshop/iTunes Store/Ouya/...

13. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Nooooo! Come back! We'll be the best of friends EVER >_<

14. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    How did I miss this. I was all over these threads today. Sheesh

15. toby7ten

toby7ten Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Way to be sneaky. Some of us were busy with the Steam sale and watching EVO.

16. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    Cant wait!

Sanuku, are you like a millionaire? :rolleyes:

17. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Can't meltalcasket post a gameplay video or something?

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #78 metalcasket, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
    Sorry dude. Don't have the equipment and/or software for that.

------

Anyone care for more impressions, now that I've spent some time with the game? I don't want to rub it in people's faces, but this game (and port) is just incredible. I'm not sure if I should be posting out of respect for the developer's decision to pull the game, but I guess there's really no harm.

After posting last night I was a bit worried the controls may be a problem since there are essentially "cave-flying" segments with very tight passages, but no...the controls truly are flawless. Remember Blazing Star? I had serious issues with the left-handed relative movement controls. Repositioning the buttons on the other side so I could use my right hand for movement basically ended up with me covering all the action with my hand, so the game was impossible for me to enjoy. In fact, I quite despise it and no matter how many times I give it a chance, I always end up deleting it. My point? To me at least, the joystick in Sine Mora ensures I don't have that problem. Also, not a single bit of the action is covered. I can safely say that if these controls aren't absolutely perfect, they're this close to being perfect. Any time you screw up, you're responsible...not the controls. Also, it's really comfortable playing on iPad. I'm sure someone will bitch about wanting moveable controls, but...*sigh*

The port is incredibly tight. Not a single crash, no bugs and the framerate on a 4th generation iPad is rock solid. I'm not sure why me changing the graphics settings isn't sticking, but whatever...the game's just astounding to look at, even on "Normal". Whether it's the action at the front, the tons of details and animations in the background, the lighting and explosions or the bullet patterns (Oh my God...I've honestly never seen patterns like this in my life..."this is just huh wow"), the frickin' game is drool-inducing and nothing seems to take a toll on the framerate.

Even though they're not specific to this port, I thought people (who aren't familar with the game at all) might want to know that the gameplay isn't your typical "you get shot, you die" stuff. You're basically on a timer. Kill enemies, you get more time. Get hit, you lose time. It's really, really refreshing and makes the game more strategic than your typical shmup. Do I try and hit that tiny turret at the top of the screen to win more time, with the risk that I could hit into a wall...or do I just ignore it and move on with the hope that I'll have enough time till my "mass time" stabilizes? It's awesome, awesome stuff. Oh, and the entire game is voiced in Hungarian with English subtitles. That's just the way it is...and it's lovely. If you can't be assed to read a little...GTFO.

Oh, and yeah...the boss battles. No really...that is all. "The boss battles". You want to describe how I feel about them? OMGWTFBBQSAUCE!!!

So far the game seems lengthier than a typical CAVE shooter and is half the price. If you think $6 is too much for something of this quality, please don't let the door kick you in the ass on the way out. Shut up.

I seriously can't wait for you guys to get your hands on this. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and call this "My favorite shmup of all time!", an "Instant Classic" and "The Stuff of Legends". LOVE IT!!!

19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Oh yeah great point. Like you say it's probably to reserve the name. I'm gutted I hadn't downloaded this one. Normally I'm buying them straight away!

20. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    *drool*

Hope they re-release it this coming week