Universal Simply Knights (by Fantasync)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Fantasync

Fantasync Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Montreal, QC Canada
    Hey Ramza, it is awesome to hear you're loving it and enjoying the depths behind the gameplay!
    1) Yes you can play offline.
    2) You're awesome! Thank you for your support! As for a doubler, you can purchase the headwear furthest to the left, White Champion's Helm. After (no need to equip) you'll receive double the gold for your honor orbs. *Trivial: its the helm next to the king.
    Thanks again for the support Ramza!

2. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Great! but another question : i took a look at the store, and it looks like more than half of the weapons and armor cost 0.99. Does this mean they are not available from the random chests and you can only buy them?

3. Fantasync

Fantasync Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Montreal, QC Canada
    Hey Ramza, all equipments besides the White Champion Helm is should be set to tier 1 price (0.99 USD) and all available in chests. So prices can be different depending on region. Here in Canada it's all 1.39 CAN. There should not be any equipment (besides the WC helm) that is more than a tier 1 price. If you notice any differences (shouldn't happen), let me know. Thanks Ramza :)

4. thetragicclown

Patreon Silver

Jun 19, 2013
    Hey, this is a great little game. I like how simplistic the combat is but how brutal and punishing the mistakes are. I really do get a feel of 'chess' when playing this game, whether you intended it or not. I generally use the Warhammer and the Spear and wait for enemies to group. I use the 3-health armor for speed.

As far as a real review, I will say that I've unequipped the shield entirely because I find that taking a lighter-weight armor and being quick eliminates the shield's necessity (in my opinion). I don't like how sometimes when I fall back a bit, the knockback from enemies will shoot me into the black wall and kill me. Seems a little brutal. Maybe the wall could be based on how close the closest enemy is or something cuz it sucks trying to position but having wall of death immediately behind you, unless you intended this. I know you're trying to make money but I don't like the amount of doubles I'm getting in my chests. I've bought the helmet since I love this game and it's well worth $3, but maybe if you have the helmet you won't get doubles anymore? I dunno. The changing seasons/environments are really well done.

Having said all that, the game is quite addicting to me and stimulates the mind. I really hope you guy/s are planning on a sequel because I think there's a lot you could add to make it have even more appeal and longevity, such as missions that promote using different weapons, equipping your soldiers, much more variety in weapons and equipment and soo much more. I know it's supposed to be simple but the core gameplay wouldn't have to change much while still adding more depth to other areas.

I look forward to killing the Black Banner king!

5. Fantasync

Fantasync Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Montreal, QC Canada
    #25 Fantasync, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
    Hi thetragicclown,

Thanks for your kind words, feedback, review, and especially your support!.

It is always great to hear what equipment players like to equip. It was a high priority in Simply Knight's design to have player's feel personalized with a play-style (like real medieval warriors). My first time hearing the combo of Spear + Warhammer, I can see the advantages of utilizing both striking reach and shield breaking.

- Yes you are right! The Shield is design to compliment the health. If you go high health, shielding is very valuable (double's HP). If you go less health, shield is less valuable. Though I am confident players are utilizing shields in reasons I never thought of.
    - The Black Wall of Doom (yes that's what I call it) is not intended to be brutal by design but it does serves a large part in completing the aesthetic of the run's experience. Simplest way for me to put it is that it encourages and favours aggressive/opportunistic plays (sweep before being swept) over passive/safe plays.
    - Sorry about the doubles. The royal chest are actually all true randoms. Even the redo button actually does re-randoms each chest. Once an equipment is own it does lower it's chances of reappearing. There is no special algorithm to what's planned to appeared next, it is literally luck of choice and draw.
    - Glad you like the season/environment changes! I really hate being under water!

As for this title, it is doing well and I am planning to add more equipment to the game. As for modes and feature, there are some in plan but really depends if it fits within the game's nature. There is though one mode I am really excited to add in this title but it is still up to testing to determine if it is even possible from it's current systems. Lets just hope it is possible.

Anyway thank you Tragic Clown for your support and I salute your mission in killing the Black Banner King!
    Joe

6. HalfGreave

HalfGreave New Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Discord

Is there an official discord server for this game? That way it would be easier to discuss tactics for Simply Knights and to interact with fantasync. Suggestions may be responded to quicker and established on further.

7. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Excellent and quite unique game! I've only just downloaded and played for a short time but I can see the hard work (and love) that was given to this game.

A couple of suggestions after minimal play time:

1) Offer alternate button control (all buttons on left and right, no middle). With the current control system, iPads, especially Pros, are extremely cumbersome to use. In fact, I'd say it's almost pointless to use anything but a cellphone for now.
    2) Make everything outside of combat "snappier," quick moving. Outside of tactical combat there is no reason for the knight to walk slowly, chests to open slowly, or screens to transition slowly. A tried and true aspect of any "addictive" game is minimal wait-time, snappy transitions. The faster a player can get back to the main event, in this case combat, the happier they are. This allows that "one-more-try" feeling that we all long for.
    3) Incorporate MFi control! ;)

Congrats on a solid, fun game! I look forward to playing again!

8. MegaSimplyKnightsfan

Nov 4, 2017
    This game is amazing

This game truly captures the feeling of a good knight game.the slow combat makes me feel like a boss. While the difficulty makes me want to keep trying.also I love the way the game looks. It’s truly amazing.

It’s a shame that there are no YouTube videos of this game. IF YOU DONT MIND IM GOING TO START MAKING YOUTUBE VIDEOS ON THIS GAME.
    People must know about this game!

The only thing this game is missing is a way to join a team with random people.
    Email me at [email protected]