Universal Simon - A Take on the Classic 80s Memory Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JosephDuffy, Feb 6, 2015.

1. JosephDuffy

JosephDuffy Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Hi everyone,

I've been working on a little iOS game and would love some feedback and testing from the community. The game is based on the 80's memory game "Simon" (technically released in the late 70's but that's not important).

Simon supports iPhones, iPads and the Apple Watch (when released). iOS 7.0 or above is required. Simon has various features, including:

• Support for iPhone and iPad
    • Landscape support on iOS 8 iPhones and all iPads
    • Multiple themes (including a dark theme)
    • Game Center leaderboards
    • VoiceOver Support (to be improved in the future)
    • Support for colourblind users (coming soon)
    • Sounds based on the original game

The watch app has a slightly reduced feature set and will not be available until Apple releases the Apple Watch (obviously).

I am hoping to add multiple language, so if anyone speaks a non-English language proficiently that would be pretty useful so I can verify my translations are correct once complete. This also applies to those who use VoiceOver, since I'd love for some feedback from someone that uses VoiceOver regularly.

I've put together a little form to allow people to request access to the beta. I don't seen anyone not being accepted (unless your device isn't iOS 7+), see please feel free to register:

https://yetii.net/simon/beta

If you have any questions regarding the app, either contact me on here, post a reply or use the form on the website above.