iPad SimDungeon-Anyone Know German??

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by CandyNJ66, Apr 20, 2009.

1. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
  2. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
  3. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    ?? I can't figure out the description on itunes and would like to know WHAT the game is about. :)

4. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    #4 Alichan76, Apr 20, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
    It's an unanimated Dungeon turn-based strategy game. It's your job to conquer and defend the dungeon through 1on1 combat or using gold that monsters drop to repair your buildings or strengthen them to help you in the fight.

Looks curious...

5. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    site was down for a bit again

translation of description

SimDungeon is a round-based strategy play. With the play it is a matter of conquering several levels of a Dungeons and of protecting. At the most different places in the Dungeon monsters appear. One can fight against these monsters own-handed. However, more sensibly it is to be established on a continuing basis traps or magic buildings which expel the monsters automatically.
    One of the most important factors in the play are the golden coins. One can find them with every monster whom one defeats. One needs the golden coins to cure himself to establish traps or buildings and to repair this or to strengthen.If a monster is too strong, it destroys the building. One should examine the buildings regularly and mend.
    The more golden coins one owns, one can establish the stronger buildings.
    The graphic arts are not animated.

6. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Thanks everyone for the translation! My friend actually gave me the translation first in email but I appreciate it!

I am disappointed it has no animated graphics. It looks like it would in the app store pictures.

7. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
  8. Alichan76

Apr 15, 2009
  9. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
  10. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    no thats why the search button is there !
    i am not having ago and understand you missed the initial thread but before you start a new thread its not too much to ask to search because it was really not difficult to find !

and i know you are not a junior which is why i am surprised you did not search first

11. Alichan76

Apr 15, 2009
    ...you have got to be kidding me Soup. The last thread was a grand 3 posts long! What's the big deal?

12. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    #12 CandyNJ66, Apr 20, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
    dude, let it go. :)

13. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    This app seems to be in english now, at least according to screenshots in the appstore. I lost interest when I realized it was german, but now it's in english, I'm curious. Anybody buy this at all?

14. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    #14 PointOfLight, May 6, 2009
    Last edited: May 6, 2009
    Just bought a copy, so I'll report back as soon as I can.

[Edit]

Apparently the screen shots were updated for the sole purpose of fooling us daft English speaking people, because the game is still in German. Just for kicks I thought I'd give it a whirl anyway, and after about 30 seconds I decided it wasn't worth it if it wasn't going to be in my native tongue. I'm actually not even sure if it would be worth it if it was in English, but I won't make that judgment unless such a time actually comes.

15. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    Oh that's pretty lame. It looks like a roguelike, but it would be frustrating to play in a foreign language... I noticed two things after re-examining the app description. First, the supported language still only says German, which was a failure on my part. I apologize, PointofLight. Second, on the screenshot of the splashscreen, it says it's version 1.1, but the appstore only has 1.0. English translation coming in an update, maybe? I've got my fingers crossed

16. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    No need to apologize. I actually noticed myself that it only said German, but how many times has the "supported language" line said English and a game has only been in Japanese? I've learned to not trust that part of the description very much. I will certainly update this thread if / when the game finally does become available in English.

17. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    Well, after wondering about this, I promptly emailed the developer, and I have already received a response. A quite favorable one in fact:

Hello,
    the translation is ready to be delivered. I have sent the version to Apple last week.

Best regads
    Markus Schneider

So I'm guessing that very soon there will be an update if it's been in processing for a week.

18. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Good to hear. Hopefully I'll be making some use of my 99 cents soon then :)

19. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

May 3, 2009
    AppSniper tells me SimDungeon has been updated. Presumably this is the english update we've been waiting for. So pointoflight, if you're around, we're all dying to know... Or if someone else is willing to TOFTT...

20. PointOfLight

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I'll of course comment once I get a chance to try it. Unfortunately I don't have Wi-Fi at work, and I can't connect to any of the networks I am picking up. So, if anyone else wants to TOFTT in my absence, feel free.