iPad SimCity now $8

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by dannys95, Jan 28, 2009.

1. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Just letting you know SimCity is now priced at $8

2. iTouched_You

iTouched_You Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    thank you thats what i was waiting for:)
    but im still gonna get payback

3. Slaphappynoodle

Jan 23, 2009
    I've been looking at this but I'm probably gonna get payback first

4. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    same

5. MacGyver

MacGyver Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Payback looks amazing. This is coming from someone who hasn't really found *any* of the games currently out interesting.

Looking to NFS as well. Sim City is cool, but the interface is just too clunky an d the game too laggy.

6. dwsolberg

dwsolberg Active Member

Jul 28, 2008
    I'd much rather they fixed the bugs. For a game like that, $10 is nothing, but I'm not going to buy it until I hear it doesn't crash very often and everything works.

7. MacGyver

MacGyver Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Ditto that.

8. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    If you're into that game and/or have played it on the PC/Mac, it was worth it at $10! I mean what did i pay for it before? at least $40 and it's pretty much the full game! I recommend this game as a definite buy for those of you who know what you're getting into.

for those that are on the fence, you may want to wait because or play maybe the linux game LinCity to get an idea of managing a city, because that is the only thing you do! $2 off doesn't make that much of a difference though IMHO

by the way, you'd think with that price decrease they'd update the game!! who's with me?!

PS @dwsolberg I'm on iPhone 3G 16GB newest firmware and i've never had it crash.. just FYI i'm an example of an issue-free purchase ;)

9. mek

mek Well-Known Member

*expletive*

ah, i still dont play it...maybe someday

10. Brinkman

Brinkman Well-Known Member

far as i know they've fixed the bugs.. never had it crash and i've logged 10+ hours on my city. bought it when it was 10, well worth it.. and i hate 99% of EA games.

11. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I'm saving my $8 for payback :D

12. Silver Orange

Silver Orange Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    California
    I don't think I'll be getting this. The game looks cramped on the iPhone and Ipod Touch compared to the cpu version.

13. Avizzv92

Avizzv92 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Im still waiting for the Transportation bug to be fixed...

14. Raptor25

Raptor25 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    I paid the 10 dolllars and I never finished the tutorial. I followed the instructions exactly and everyone in my city was complaining:(

15. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I am too:p

This is tempting though.

16. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Downloading...in 4 to 6 business days...

17. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    So do you know if they have fixed the transportation bug? It is really hard to build a city if the Sims keep leaving because they "can't get to work". Even with a bus stop is on every corner and a train station, etc. The transportation bug is a double whammy. You lose population but you are also always losing the running costs. Because the game shows no-one using the transportation system you are paying money out to run it but you get nothing back from fares. As soon as this bug is fixed I will play it again. But not before then!

18. Jaytee

Jaytee Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2009
    i've been waiting for this price to go down, but it sounds as though the game is still a little too buggy. i don't know what those folks are up to, but they can't have my money until they release a complete, finished product, not an $8 beta.

19. Last Gatsby

Last Gatsby Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    I haven't noticed any major problems, but I haven't made any huge cities yet. Honestly, it's the kind of game that's on my touch as a 'wow' factor. Sim City on go. Mostly fully functional, detailed, easy to use. But every time I play it I think, I'd rather just play this on the computer. Do I really need to have a Sim City on the go?

20. nikinikiniki

nikinikiniki Active Member

Nov 20, 2008
    Southern California
    Yea, I never finished it either. I was sooo excited to buy this game (I hadn't spent this much on any other app thinking this would be worth it) but I can't even get people in my city! I can't get the power to work and I've logged many hours on PC versions of Sim City, back to when it was b&w and pixelated. It's so hard to have such a big game on such a small screen.

I do always look at the icon and think one day I'll give it another shot... again.