Universal SimCity BuildIt (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Are you able to get by with 4-lane roads in that configuration? I've been using 1x5 residence strips, in sets of 3, with road interruptions where needed, and that only leaves room for 14 residential blocks under each group of services (and sometimes I forego one for a booster building). But I've justified spending the larger amount of space on roads because I am trying to avoid the expense of 6-lane roads.

2. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Here's how I have mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Tizona

Tizona Active Member

Jan 26, 2013
    100% happiness challenge part 4

After a week of studying, I finally collect 110,000 money to see if the cost of six-lane road upgrade can ruin the challenge in some way. Luckily, the game alert me only one lane, a 12 blocks wide which cost 22100 money.

Actually there are two 12 blocks wide road when I reaarrange some house and then the game alert me that the old road which a house was removed need to upgrade the road. What kind of alogrithm the programmer use for this game?

Disaster tower is incredibly useful for getting keys. However, it may force you to purchase some item or stop exporting item. Furthermore, if you don't repair the house, you won't get tax from them. So disaster tower is useful when you have no worry about money and need to get a lot of key in a short time. Disaster item is sold regularly in Global HQ too and no one seems to buy them. I guess that make keys a lot cheaper than most building in this game.

I am now at level 15 and lost half of the said money to roads. Level 16 will unlock table and tree sapling which is more lucretive than chair and grass. But Rearranging house may trigger happiness drop from demanding road upgrade again, so I may need to collect another 50000 just to be sure.

4. IronJupiter50

IronJupiter50 Active Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Any tips on how to build buildings, so they don't all look the same? Is "change plans" what I want? Or does that just change the ingredients? Some kind of preview before building would be nice.

5. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    There's only so any different looks. Move them around.

6. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Small piece of my city [​IMG]

7. rlankine

rlankine New Member

Jan 9, 2015
    It seems like it's enough for a service area to just overlap in one square of a residential unit, so a service spanning e.g. 6x8 area can theoretically cover 8x10 area (=4x5 residential units). Add the necessary roads and you still have room for 16-18 residential units. I could show what I mean if I knew how to snap a screenshot with iPad 3gen & copy to PC for posting.

About traffic: Quite early in the game it started requiring a road upgrade in the industrial area -- but because there are no residential units around, nobody gets annoyed! The traffic department is now stuck insisting upgrade on that road and I can happily add roads everywhere else.

8. Passarelli

Passarelli New Member

Jan 12, 2015
    #168 Passarelli, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    Taxes

I'm glad I am not the only one who noticed the issue with taxes. It's very frustrating to see your taxes per capita drop so absurdly low.

I'm very curious about the formula they are using to calculate the taxes. It appeared to be nearly linear until you reach 10,000 then a inverse function takes over.

What I would like to do is gather data points from all of you so I can plot them out and at least come up with an approximation for what they are using!

Please help me on my quest! Just jot down your population number, happiness (100% is preferable for now, but at this point I'm not going to be picky about my data) and the amount it says you will gain in tax revenue in 24 hours! If your population changes, include those numbers as well! When I get enough data to work something out, I'll gladly post the results here, as well as a spreadsheet of the data points. Thank you all for your help!

EDIT: I'm very interested in low population cities from people just starting out as that will help nail down where the inverse starts to rule the function!

9. IronJupiter50

Mar 28, 2014
    I'm not sure I feel the tax problem yet.
    Level 16, 100% happiness
    Pop. 83495
    Taxes $11207

10. Passarelli

Passarelli New Member

Jan 12, 2015
    Thanks. I got a reply from support which shed a little more light on the situation. Apparently the game calculates out the amount your sims make per in-game year (about 7.87 days IRL) then you get 20% what they made that day. This means that my sims are making 89% of what they were making when I had less slightly less population. When I get more information, I will continue to update all of you. Hopefully support will let me know how to keep their income close to current or previous levels.

11. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    .... and for some reason, being online with gamecenter signing in, is working. No crashes now. Odd.

That being said, I have a bunch of GC friends that play this apparently. One of them is lvl 31 and has a population over 400,000!!!

12. Xdirkjex

Xdirkjex New Member

Jan 18, 2015
    #172 Xdirkjex, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
    Why arent my buildings getting any bigger? I ve seen others with helipad buildings but mine seem to upgrade to only a certain level. Any idea?

[​IMG]

13. IronJupiter50

Mar 28, 2014
    I'm at level 18 and I have 3 helipad buildings, and I've had at least one of those buildings since level 16 or 17. They are all identical, so maybe there is only one skyscraper with a helipad. Maybe it is bad luck? Or more likely, you did not meet the criteria. It is unclear to me what this criteria is. Do you have "fancy" stuff in your city? When I say "fancy", I mean things like a basketball court, airship, hot air balloon, community college, etc. I have all these things and maybe that makes a difference. I also try to keep my city at 100% happiness at all times.

Good luck!

14. furiousguy28

furiousguy28 New Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Click on the residential buildings on the right side, then click the yellow hard hat. It will then give you your wealth forcast that shows what property will be upgraded to what level building. Any area in Luxurious Homes will become a skyscraper at the last upgrade. And remember, luxury properties should have all the services plus 2 specializations, example a park and a school.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. makitango

makitango Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2011
    #175 makitango, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
    I was so depressed with the downsides of leveling that I decided to start anew. By playing around with local savegames and stuff (I know that once you connect to anything, you cannot sync your new savegame but are rather forced to accept your old one no matter what if you want the cloud save function) I found out that if you delete the game on another device and insert the Documents and Library folders with iExplorer or sth else into the reinstalled and unused app, and in the process play a bit on that device, your old device will act as if you were connected to either GameCenter or FB, and provide the old device with the just updated savegame. If you don't need the social achievements, you can choose to enable this way of cloud sync, even if it's unofficial. I think this works because every savegame is always connected to an online profile, however every savegame creates a different user id every time you reset for as long as it is not connected socially.
    So go ahead guys, try it out for yourselves. I hope EA does not block this way of cloud sync in the near future as it's the perfect one for me.

16. Happy Noodle Boy

Happy Noodle Boy Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    Can buildings be further upgraded if you add the 2nd specialization after or would I need to demolish and put new ones now that I have my residential area completed carpeted in parks + education?

Basically at what point does the game decide what upgrade a residence goes?

17. Tizona

Tizona Active Member

Jan 26, 2013
    I know that complaining about global HQ have gotten so old the mold on the bread almost reach the ceiling, but I have to add "too many donuts/watches/Vu items" to the list. Once you are able to produce donut, donut ads cover one-third of the global HQ space, and when the watch is unlock another one-third. The rest is Vu item.

This is known in Hay Day as "Egg and Bacons syndrome."

Anyway, does EA deliberately make storage bar and doser wheel rare in Global HQ? Or it is just me? Or is this the same system hay day use to make people hunt for item?

18. IronJupiter50

Mar 28, 2014
    Once a building becomes a skyscraper it has reached its max size and no further upgrades will happen. Either demolish that building or create a new one.

I have demolished plenty of ugly old buildings, so that I can have nice new ones.

19. IronJupiter50

Mar 28, 2014
    The global HQ has become a money making place instead of a trading place. Lots of people just sell high value items like donuts/watches at max price. Even if nobody buys, "Daniel" will buy it eventually.

Can you imagine if you could filter by item in the global HQ? The scalpers would eat up all of the low price items, and there would only be max price items left. Even now, ever try to buy to buy a dozer blade at $600? You have to be really quick and lucky.

20. flyinb22

flyinb22 Member

Feb 7, 2009
    #180 flyinb22, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
    Can't progress

i am level 43 and have over 600,000 population, 99% happy...tons of money and resources but can't build...all my building are maxed out. I have expanded quite a bit but now all expansions are 10-12 of each dozer blade/gears/muffler
    Impossible to collect, and even more impossible to purchase in global HQ.
    Am I missing something here? There is literally nothing left for me to do in this game....I log in, collect my money and check the trade HQ to see 90% full of steel and donuts.