Universal SimCity BuildIt (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    My city so far. 1 clinic, 2 medium police, 2 medium fire and a small fire station. Ive got half a dozen unsatisfied residents living in trailer parks near the off ramp. Im hoping to get a small police and a small clinic and set up a seperate, custom built suburb

Attached Files:

2. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    So is Game Center not working on iPad? Game keeps crashing unless I sign out.

3. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    No, it's not working. I stated earlier in the thread, the only fix for me was to delete the game and start over again.

4. zergslayer69

Apr 21, 2010
    When you say fix, does that mean you can correctly log into Game Center and play as it was intended? Is there any way of backing up the save before deleting the game?

5. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Sorry, I didn't explain that well. No, you can't correctly log in to gamecenter. My "fix" was solely for being able to start the game again.

I wonder if the game data is backed up via iTunes/iCloud.

6. zergslayer69

Apr 21, 2010
    Well, don't really want to lose my data, so I'll just hold onto it until they take their sweet time and release an update.

7. FriedSushi

FriedSushi Well-Known Member

May 13, 2010
    #127 FriedSushi, Dec 26, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
    Ever since I hit the connect to gamecenter button it crashes every single time it connects to gamecenter... Any fixes for this?

A temporary fix im doing is starting in airplane mode, and then once its in the game I turn airplane off. That lets me go back online without connecting to gamecenter.

8. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Great tip!!

9. Tizona

Tizona Active Member

Jan 26, 2013
    "100% happiness challenge" part 2

Finally, I had collected 88000 money and level up my city to level 11. With education and transportation unlock, I immediately built both HQ and a library which boosted my pop to 50000 and tax to 9600.

And you guys are right, my sims keep complaining about lacking of bus, but the happiness was not dropping at all. WOW.

I have 14 keys left and decided this morning that I would wait 3 more days to get more keys and then build helipad with 50% pop boost.

By the way, this morning I accidentally press wrong button and lost 24 sim-green-buc to unlock land expansion. So I decided to do something vicious. I deleted the game, reinstalled, restarted, loginned to my facebook account, reloaded the old saved game, and, voila!, I got all the lost bucks back.

It is a good thing you can do this. In hay day, once this happens, it's gone forever. However, in hay day, you can get diamond from visiting your neighbors and sellers and clicked on the randomly spawned chest. I got a ridiculous amount of diamond to upgrade every machine in my farm this way.

But in this simcity, achievements seem to be the only way to get sim buc. So there you go.

And one more thing, it looks like the park is the only category which has premium building. There is no special fire station, police station or else which can be bought only with green buc thing. That deserves high recommendation, IMO.

10. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Well done! It's extremely important not to rush through it, and you're doing the upgrade process wisely.

11. FriedSushi

May 13, 2010
    Whats up with the global trade thing? For like an hour i was selling all my stuff (warehouse upgrade items and expansion items) at max price relatively easily, but all of a sudden it stopped. Nobody buys them anymore, even when I deleted and priced at close to minimum price.

I bought 2 slots too, so I feel kinda ripped off lol. Is this a glitch or something? It worked so well for an hour and now it just doesnt work at all

12. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Theres another poster here who had a similar problem, and the simcity buildit forums are full of this particular problem

13. FriedSushi

May 13, 2010
    Ah damn youre right, thats annoying. I found that to be a lot of fun since I like the trading aspect of many games, especially one with a market as easy as this where even my max priced items were selling within 5 minutes (before this glitch)

14. Tizona

Tizona Active Member

Jan 26, 2013
    So it is a glitch. I thought it was because of advertising mechanic thing which if too many people advertise, you can be pushed off the global HQ and no one would see your product.

Now I know why no one buy my expansion items during my first game before I reset the damn thing.

It happened to me in hay day as well, but that game have better neighbor system and gigantic player base that when I advertised expansion item, they were bought in like half a minute. And even if no one buy your stuff, AI will buy one stock every morning.

This simcity seems to have the same thing though. My AI neighbor, "Daniel", bought some of my stuff after they sit in trade depot for 3 days.

15. Synko

Synko New Member

Dec 29, 2014
    #135 Synko, Dec 29, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
    I'm not ios user, but android and I have same issue. But it did seem to work when I restarted my device and when rerunning simcity and relogging on google play, everything started to work. I think it might be cache issue and will try to "solve" it with any app that deletes game cache.
    I hope that will make things work on ios aswel (if that is solution ofc) .
    Also sims in this game seem to be quite stupid. If you get traffic jam which you do eventually in game, just select one building in area and move it away. Since it seems that happiness is measured by population happiness, its better to have one building sad and rest happy, than 3 or more buildings unhappy because of one traffic jam. When you upgrade road, just put building back (if you have put it in area without any fire/police departments).
    Also i found best way to build city to make 5x5 squares with roads. On 3 corners put residental, and last corner make free to put police and fire department. So 4th residental is between departments and another residental. On spare places put 2x1 parks for population boost. Check department areas to see on which corners to put departments to get maximum effect.
    Haven't figured out positioning for when i get hospitals tho..
    Also i have residental buildings on one side of map and rest on another. Try to get pollution out of the city by building such buildings on corners of map.
    I hope this post will help any of you guys. Enjoy the game!

P. S. It seems also that at evening people flood market, and it takes time for it to "empty" - then your items are bought. 2nd night in a row I wasn't able to sell much. Might be they have servers for people in same area, and maybe they aren't connected between each other

16. FriedSushi

May 13, 2010
    #136 FriedSushi, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
    Its working again for me. The AI bought my stuff so I had free slots again, and this time I made sure to only post something when I had the free advertise, and its been working so far

It seems like you need to actually advertise it when youre putting it up for sale. Putting it up and then advertising later doesnt actually advertise it? But people coming to your depot can still buy it if they see it

EDIT: Actually maybe not. Its not working again

Anyways, they need to make major changes to the trade thing. The way its set up currently, you can go to buy the thing, and by the time you load the exchange itself, load the persons depot, itll have been sold already. That, and the glitches.

Suggestion - When we click on the item in the exchange, a little window should pop up that asks Buy Item, or Visit Depot. That way we can buy instantly and hopefully get the item before somebody else buys it. Clicking Buy Item should buy it and then grey out "Buy Item" instead of closing the window, to allow us to still have the option to visit their depot to see if they have more to sell

17. Tizona

Tizona Active Member

Jan 26, 2013
    For some stupid reason, I managed to sell chairs and vegetables at max cost everytime I did it the first time, but then when I clicked free advertisement checkbox on the item which wasn't advertise but had been put on trading post, no one would buy it. This is very weird.

By the way, storage space starts to become an issue now at pop 80000 when disaster items start to pop in my citizen's thought bubble. Not to mention it takes space in your global HQ which makes finding item even harder. They better increase the number of advertisement in global HQ soon before I lose all my hair on my entire body since finding stroage expansion items is already hard before this mess.

On the sidenote, after my citizens now have access to both transportation and education, newly built and upgraded buildings are now more luxurious than my earlier building when there is nothing but parks and fire station. That's nice I suppose.

18. FriedSushi

May 13, 2010
    Im not sure if they intended to make the trade system the way it is (random, hard to find items) because they didnt want people to just buy everything they need.

But if its unintentional, they really just need to have a search filter, and allow us to buy directly from th market instead of having to visit the other persons depot. This would solve so many problems

19. xjav8r

xjav8r New Member

Oct 17, 2011
    #139 xjav8r, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
    My trade depot is bugged and I need someone to buy some veggies from me to clear my inventory. I'll buy it back immediately so you incur no loss. If your items aren't selling I'm willing to do the same for you. Add me in game center xjav8r. Be sure to let me know how much you bought so I can buy that much back. Currently have $2300 in veggies to sell. Thanks!

20. FriedSushi

May 13, 2010
    #140 FriedSushi, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    I still cant get over how insanely shitty the trade system is. Ive never seen a game where it is this poorly implemented. 90% of the time youll open up their depot only to find it empty (bought out already), or youll click on the item to get a "Sorry! This item is no more available" message. Nobody even bothered to check the message's grammar lol

I wouldnt be surprised to find that they are advertising the same 32 items to every single person who opens the store around that time..