Universal SimCity BuildIt (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Well they dont seem linked to your level. Ive had new zones avaliable between levels. Perhaps its linked to population?

2. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I was determined not to play this at all, but kept reading the thread anyways. Ugh.

I gave it a try...

After three days of playing it, sporadically, I don't know whether I can keep going or not. I can't find a goal really. Here I am right now: (click pictures for full res)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    Its not pretty but it works

Attached Files:

4. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I like it.

5. Meher

Meher Member

Jul 20, 2011
    #105 Meher, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    Regarding the issues with the Trade Depot items not selling, I found these threads in the game forum:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-BuildIt-Support/My-market-items-don-t-get-sold/m-p/4136598#U4136598

http://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-BuildIt-Support/Trade-and-sell-depo/m-p/4055791#U4055791

http://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-BuildIt-Support/Friend-cannot-see-my-trade-depot-items/m-p/4012729#U4012729

Looks like an issue a lot of people are facing. If anyone find a solution please let us know. Hoping that EA will fix this ASAP.

6. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Just noticed something else, which is that once you use cash to unlock schools, transit, etc, it actually costs keys (which I'm told come from the port and disasters, neither of which I've unlocked yet) to build additional ones. Now that I'm providing basic services throughout my city (I have 40 residences), I see potential for a pretty fun crafting/objective meeting system with cool looking buildings and larger population as a reward.

This might be the best freemium crafting game I've ever played.

7. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I decided to write a review for the app store:

8. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    Thats a great review. I think youve hit the nail on the head when you say its not a sim city game, its a timer/resource collector type game with a sim city theme. Ive got a soft spot for both of those types of games, so thats likely why im sticking with it.

Im onto day 2 of inadequate police coverage. Ive got 6 abandoned homes and 3 that i cant upgrade as they constantly complain about the lack of police. Interestingly the abandoned houses still seem to be using power, water etc.

I had enough money to buy a small police station, but i chose to upgrade the port instead. We'll see how that works out for me when its finally finished building. I had almost enough money to instantly cover garbage collection at level 14, but i needed a dump as well as an incinerator. Im hoping a can get my second police station before level 16 rolls around with its healthcare demands

9. Tizona

Tizona Active Member

Jan 26, 2013
    "100% happiness challenge"

Finally I was able to use the seaport. The reward was decent but not game-changing or noticable though. Selling crafted items to AI-utility-guys is much more rewarding but more tedious and very unpredictable, not to mention that the money you get is pretty bad to begin with.

I decided to level up to level 11 to unlock oil power plant for achievement sake. And then, I checked the level and see that level 10 unlock education and transit which both HQ cost 40000 each. The total money needed for the next level is 88000, if you include the furniture store too.

Do citizens demand access to both utilities? Will they be angry and happiness drop if I don't build it right away?

By the way, level 9 unlock road upgrade which the sims demand in the highly upgraded housing area, but the cost was nothing compare to fire station or even the sewage.

PS. Like the title, I seem to have irrational fear of seeing happiness dropping below 95%.

10. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    I dont think my sims are that bothered about transit and education right now. I get a blue thought bubble pop up asking where the bus is, but i dont get any red thought bubbles, at least not yet.

11. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    I don't see why people are complaining about this being EA and what not. They have a bad record but this isn't bad, really, I played quite a bit yesterday and didn't feel the need to spend any of the extra currency. You can speed up the production of materials, sure, and if you don't wanna hunt down or make the material you need for something you can always make the architect give you something else so you can get different materials. It's only a half hour. This may not be the SimCity game we all want, but it's better than any other freemium city builder I've played and I can always just play SimCity Deluxe (which really needs an update.), or play on PC. I'd say it deserves higher ratings for what it is.

12. Tizona

Tizona Active Member

Jan 26, 2013
    To be fair, EA deserves punishment for their sins. (Simcity 5, Dungeon Keeper, Westwood, and the list go on...)

I didn't play simcity 5 personally, but I did check the guide and see a number of feature were translated into this mobile version.

The bad thing they bring over to this version is that almost everything still has to attach to road. I think there is a cheap park which can be built inside, but the effect is so tiny I don't see why you want to use it late game.

Specialization is another aspect from the pc which got booted into this version. However, entertainment, gambling, and landmarks are unlock at different level, so I assume that you can build them all when you unlock them. If you can build everything in all categories, that is not specialization.

The very obviously good thing which they didn't bring over is the module system. Seriously, ability to customize service and utility buiding is ideal for mobile gameplay, but that doesn't exist in this version. Come to think of it, there is no decorative aspect in this game at all. In Hay Day, there are flowers, fences, gnomes, and others special item every season. What does this game have?

The good thing about this version is the graphic. It looks just like the pc version, which is a plus and deserve praising. A guide to change perspective would be nice, though.

I can't comment on crafting system though since at level 9, everything is a token and boring as hell. I saw screenshot with a lot of stuff you can produce from factory, so I will wait till then.

Currently, I make around 12000 per day (3000 if you don't include tax). I should reach my personal goal of 88000 in 8 days.

PS. Can anyone tell me the production chain in this game? And how much each land expansion cost? So that I can prepare when I reach level 10.

13. tastymac

tastymac Active Member

Feb 20, 2009
    The gamecenter and Facebook not showing on iPhone 5s so I cannot sync my game with iPad. Any ideas?

14. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    When I tried to do gamecenter, so I can play it on my ipad, and then resume on my iPhone when I'm away from the iPad, it would just crash. I couldn't find a solution, other than deleting the game.

15. Anova

Anova Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 14, 2012
    +1 to unstablefan's review, that was really helpful, decided to give the game a try.

16. Happy Noodle Boy

Happy Noodle Boy Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    Am I missing something or are park upgrades the only thing you can spend SimCash on?

Also, I'm finding using a mix of medium/small police+fire stations to do a good job of taking care of coverage. I'm trying to minimize overlap of services and I'm stalling at 15 since I'm nowhere near ready for hospitals yet. I wish the port made you a bit more money, surprise road upgrades and new stores + keeping up with utilities + saving for hospitals is going to take me a while to save up for.

17. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    Its a free game, numbnuts. Nobody heres paying for anything

I felt i turned a corner at level 15. I could sell random goods for much higher amounts, enough to save up for a medium clinic before turning 16. Upgrading residences doesnt have to be my primary income anymore. My city centre is covered by healthcare, but the suburbs arent. So far only one residence is abandoned after 12 hours, and i still have +80% satisfaction. I get many more abandonments with no police, and especially with no fire.

Ive got a few golden keys from the port, but its going to take many days before i make my money back.

18. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Again, playing sporadically...

[​IMG]

19. rdmd

rdmd Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    Habakuk's husband
    with Habakuk
    Just to make sure, when my residents leave the building due to something, like power shortage. When I fix the shortage, does my population go back to exactly it was before or will some of the residents won't come back, making my overall population less than before?

20. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Honestly, I haven't really kept count like that. I can move one of my residences around and see how it goes.