Universal SimCity BuildIt (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 23, 2014.

1. makitango

makitango Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2011
    I recently restarted to play at a low level for as long as possible, doing just what you do with almost the same amount of money (until 10k taxes, the population increases taxes linearly, after then a hidden EA-typical formula takes its place) and unlocking everything (increased storage, land expansion, keys) all the time for cheap and fast resources since I didn't unlock all the bullshit that follows with leveling up.
    Also the Trade HQ is then free of donuts and stuff, making more room for the more useful items. But I have to say that EA did a glorious job in their crusade to crucify the non-IAP players. You only get to see what items you need the least, you can find that out by looking at which item you need the most and which items you already have for upgrades and challenges, and you will find yourself almost never getting displayed that very item even though it is available in ridiculous masses and you end up seeing upgrades, if any, which you already have and don't really need anymore. Plus you are put in a group of players who also need it that desperately which causes them to click as fast as possible as well. Also the way the Trade HQ works implies is a horrendous approach to trade and it implies that EA chose this method to piss you further off, giving you one more reason to use SimBucks to just buy that item you need using their f***ing premium currency.
    What an ugly business EA has become. I hate the guts out of them.

2. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    Now that I have played this, I would pay $20 for a full version.... But I will not buy any IAP.

3. IronJupiter50

IronJupiter50 Active Member

Mar 28, 2014
    I'm at level 27 with about 15 or so expansion boxes left. It's been a long time since I've seen a dozer blade in the trade HQ. But I rarely buy them anyway. I always click on the blue thought bubbles and pray to the random number gods that I get something good. It takes a long time, but those pieces do come.

I'm leveling up slowly on purpose. My current goals are to collect keys, so that I can get cool buildings. I just collect and build resources that the cargo ship requires. It's fun for me.

If you want things to do, you can always destroy your existing buildings and build them again. You can re-arrange your city. But I imagine when I get to level 43, I will probably be getting a little tired of this game. Let's hope for some updates!

4. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Looking for EXP to continue leveling? Bulldoze a building and then build a new one in its place. Hopefully a better looking one than what you bulldozed :)

5. IronJupiter50

IronJupiter50 Active Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Nice update. Finally the airship comes out of the hangar and the balloon comes out of the balloon park. Now all we need is a helicopter to fly around and land on various helipads.

6. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Yea, good to see it 'over' my city and not somewhere out over the desert. I also have 2 of'em.

Japanese content, an airport for folks with 260k+ populations, lots of little interface tweaks and stuff. All round good.

7. Tizona

Tizona Active Member

Jan 26, 2013
    I haven't visit this forum for age despite playing everyday and reaching lv 37 with 10 nanofactory, +850,000 population, and 100% happiness, but I need to say a few thing about this game.

1. Storage expansion cap. Why cap it at 250? I feel like I need more, but that may be my playing style which is the problem since I like hoarding item.

2. Tokyo Town resident. Every upgrade need special item from the airport and each airport cycle is 18 hours!!! Really, EA. Not to mention that each plot need double amount of electricity and water for only +20% population, half the EXP reward per upgrade which doesn't pop up unless you have a lot of Tokyo town lying around. I have 7 tier-one tokyo house and only 2 pop-up for upgrade to tier 2. When I have 5 normal not-max house, they all have upgrade pop-up, you know. Is there a hidden mechanic I don't know to make upgrade pop-up appear?

3. Seaport. If the list of item include steel/wood/plastic, prepare to clear storage space because now it need 50% more than before. However, I notice that when my storage space is not max, steel/wood/plastic demanding from seaport is a lot less severe, so maybe this is the game mechanic and another reason to not max you storage space I guess.

4. Production chain. I notice that Hamburger is the most expensive item in the market and its production chain reflects that.

1 hamburger=1 bread+1 beef+1 BBQ grill
    1 bread=2 flour+1 cream
    1 BBQ=3 steel+1 cooking utensil
    My gripe is that it needs 4 items from farming market.
    2 flours+1 cream+1 beef=3 hours and 45 minute from farming market ALONE. You can make BBQ grill during waiting for farming market to produce those stuff.

Oh and Pizza too
    1 Pizza=1 flour+1 cheese+1 beef=4 hours and 45 minutes from farming market ALONE.
    HEY, that is actually longer than Hamburger and it is slightly cheaper than Hamburger.

Not to mention that Cheese, Beef ,and Cream need animal food which need 6 hours to make from factory.

This make brown/white sugar dilemma in Hay Day look mild.

I need to compliment the change demand button for disaster building though. That fixs my monstrous demand like 20-25 saplings+20-25 bread combinations. Thank you.

8. Happy Noodle Boy

Happy Noodle Boy Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    They added a 30 second refresh lock on the global HQ. There goes any chance I had of finding more dozers.

9. flyinb22

flyinb22 Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Global HQ update is definitely no better, 30 seconds refresh makes no sense and it's still full of useless items. Battling for expansion parts, cog and dozer are even worse now.

Attached Files:

10. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    The cargo shipments are getting rediculous. I had to make 68 nails, plus drinks and plants. After the update the keys are hard to unlock.

11. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    3 things...

1. The latest update sucks.
    2. I removed the game for space and when I reinstalled, all my sim Cash is gone.... Don't know how to get it back.
    3. If I walk away from the game for a week, do taxes keep getting collected, or do they stop at 24 hours?

12. RobertsArsenal

RobertsArsenal Active Member

May 5, 2015
    Unfortunately they stop at 24 hours.

13. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    Thanks.... I figured that to be true.

14. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Too slow, seriously... The Sims freeplay is another thing...

15. CanPcfstV3g

CanPcfstV3g Active Member

Apr 10, 2015
    The timers are a huge turn off for me aswell. I'd prefer to pay once and play a real Sim City game. Definitely not going to pay for in game currency. This could have been a way better game without IAP's or with a better approach to in game purchase options. Wasted potential...

16. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    I've been playing this game for 2+ Years now and I'm on level 30 something. Need to say, this game Is really unplayable after a certain point. Once you get to the higher levels like me, it gets slower and slower until you hit a wall and can't progress further without spending your wallet on IAP's.

17. Unordinary

Unordinary Well-Known Member

May 15, 2018
    Male
    Amsterdam
    Play Theotown instead, or if you like it less complicated play Pocket City.

18. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    I actually own Pocket City but never played it. Will look into Theotown, thanks!