iPad Sim city rant

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by dcodd87, Dec 22, 2008.

1. dcodd87

dcodd87 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2008
    ... Wow... I spent like 6 hours building up my city to about 120,000 people. I go to delet 1 square so I can fit a police station and my phone freezes. Well about 10 seconds later my whole city is empty. It deleted everything for 1 little square. I have about 6 squares zones for garbage and that's all that's left. This game freezes soo much and shuts down. I really wish I could sell this game. I thought this game set the bar on games for the iPhone. Ea is such a huge company and they throw out this crap ware. I loved this game so much; I just think it took time to show he true side of the game. Buy at your own risk!

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I'm sure you are pissed I would be what device/firmware are you on? I love this game the only probs I have is when I load the game and select continue game my phone seems to freeze for about a minute or so on a white screen, maybe a loading screen but a couple times I've been ready to do a hard reset then my map comes up. iPhone 3G, 2.2 firmware

3. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Btw a rave is a good thing. I think you mean rant.

4. Raptor25

Raptor25 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Heh i was about to post the same thing.

I saw the thread title, read the first sentence and backed out of the thread before i subconsciously saw someones reply and wondered what he said later in the post heh.

I bought sim city but havn't played it yet. Hope I like it =)

5. dcodd87

Nov 18, 2008
    Yeh...

To start off on my iPhone and meant rant but it must havewrote out rave. I run the most up to date sw on a non jail broke iPhone. It's beyond pissed it just makesme not want to play that game ever again. I mean I understand as
    Sw. I trouble shoot in the iapps department at apple but this is insane. Until I know 100% that this will never happen again this game will stay off my iPhone.

6. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Just a few thoughts, you could email EA and detail the problem, and you could also send a private message to craiglaw here on Toucharcade. Mr. Law is a representative of Electronic Arts Mobile Division who is active here on the forums. He is a very receptive and helpful gentleman.

7. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    ugh that sucks dude.

I remember the same thing happened to me when I was playing SimTower back a few years ago. I sat there building my dream tower for 10 hours straight only to lose it all because of a stupid Windows crash.

I have fond memories of the game, but never played it anymore.

8. dcodd87

Nov 18, 2008
    It sucked

Yeh I mean I love the game and always have. When somehong like that happens it makes you not want to pick up the game and try again. I can definstely try emailing both of them to see where we can go with it. I just don't want it to happen again. Sry for the spelling still on the iPhone...

9. Thread name changed to what you meant it to say ;)

10. yoman

yoman Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2008
    I have noticed the same issue. That is why I save my city periodically just i case that happens. However loading it later is tedious if you haven't saved recently.

11. LonERecoN

LonERecoN Well-Known Member

Serious SimCity Bug/Glitch

Hey everyone, I hardly post here, I mainly browse and only post when I need to ask something.

I know a EA developer is on here so I thought I would post straight away.

Today, a major bug caused SimCity to be removed from my iPhone today. I was building a city, going pretty well, I wanted to removed a thin strip of residential land on the border of the map to place a road there.

Clearly only the road was selected. When I pressed the green tick, every zone in my city vanished. Even zones on the other side of the map had gone. All I had left was my water pipes and roads.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I will try to re-create this bug again and take photos.

Thanks

12. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    #13 Slayer_megadeth, Dec 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2008
    Happened to me twice.

13. dcodd87

Nov 18, 2008
    Thanks

haha...thanks for changing it, iPhones can make up some funny words in place of others. Any ways im going to message craig law later to see if he can look into it. I think its just the freezing issue more than anything. But somehow i guess i must have been deleting at the wrong time. Ill post a pic later.

14. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Im sure EA will fix all of these problems, but first off: They need to be brought to EA's attention. So get on it! And second, This game DOES raise the bar for iphone apps. But its also bound to be a little slower off the bat, i mean, its algorithm has to be more complex than so many other games, and theres bound to be a few bugs that have slipped by. This game is great, and i know it will improve with updates. Just make sure they hear about these problems!

15. dcodd87

Nov 18, 2008
    yes it happened....

LoneRecon......Thats what this rant is about. I had nearly 120,000 people and I go to remove a few squares, The phone froze and about 10 seconds lated.....GONE, The whole city dissappeared. Makes me not want to play this ever again.

16. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Awe, no more rave? You sure?

Bummer.