iPhone Silverfish MAX - (by Chaotic Box)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Chaoticbox, the game is great! Keep making some more good games!

2. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    #62 Andy C83, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    See below. :)

3. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Silverfish, and the iPad version Silverfish MAX continues to be on sale for a limited time. 99c/69p is an absolute steal for this fantastic game.

In fact, I've never owned an iPad, and probably will not for quite a while. However, I do have hopes of purchasing an iPad Mini sometime this year. And when I do get one I know that I'm going to want Silverfish MAX on there, so I'm going to go ahead and show my support to one of my favourite developers on iOS and take advantage of the sale.

I'd also like to mention that Critter Panic, made by the same developer, is one of the best free games on iOS. If you like Silverfish, or even if you just enjoy free stuff, please show your support by downloading Critter Panic. And when I say free, I mean free: no ads, no IAP, just fun.

Thanks. :)

4. ChaoticBox

ChaoticBox Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Developer
    Toronto Canada
    To be clear, Critter Panic does have ads (gotta try to bring in some money somehow!) but never during gameplay, and you'll see a maximum of 1 per completed game in the main menu. A banner may show up at the top of the menu as well. No IAP though :)

5. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Oops, sorry! Guess I got a little carried away. ;)

6. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    OK, I know there is a slim chance that this game will get another update, but I'm going to ask anyway: would it be possible to make a (or both) white iCade button act as "bomb button" (in addition to the button it is now, of course)? This is by far my favorite iCade game and it is one of my favorite iOS games ever, but my posture is a bit awkward because my hands are so close together. So, I hoped that should the game get another update anyway, maybe this would be not too difficult to implement as well.

7. ChaoticBox

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Developer
    Toronto Canada
    If you go into the options menu and hit up/down on your iCade you can try using the "8-bitty / Gametel" preset. On the iCade cabinet that should map the power-up to the lower-right black button, and the menu/start functions will map to the top red and top-left black buttons. HTH!

8. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Thank you so much, that does help!

9. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Been playing a lot of Silverfish MAX today and made it to #1 in Haste mode. ###

Still one of my favourite games ever. :)

10. ChaoticBox

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Developer
    Toronto Canada
    I'm surprised the scores haven't been hacked to hell on that :D

I also feel bad for taking so long with Silverfish DX. The old games feel so terribly janky in comparison :p

11. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Great game, it's still one of my favorites!
    I love Chaotic Box!:)
    When is Silverfish DX coming out? I hope this year!;)

12. ChaoticBox

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Developer
    Toronto Canada
    I hope this year too :confused: :eek: