Universal Silent Abyss-fate of heroes (by Chen Li Ming)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RayLancer, Jan 4, 2019.

1. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    new cards and different bosses grant replayability, but to level up, unlock characters, items etc as you go -even if you lose a run- that is progression for me. And certainly NotfM has better atmosphere.

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    got DoD, i'm going to try it later, hope all this IAPs don't let me uninstall it...

have you tested it? how about the IAPs?

3. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    nope, waiting for exactly the same reasons :) not for the 1eu, but i dont want to waste time to try.
    although from what i can tell from the preview, there are three main classes and three more unlockables via iap - at least i hope so. If iaps are not needed, i will buy and play of course!

4. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I’m downloading Dimension of Dream right now to give it a shot.

ramzarules likes this.
  5. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #85 Gwarmaxx, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    ok, i've played Dimension of Dreams... game is solid, good art, tunes and overall presentation, maybe cards and texts may have been more visible and readable (cards are too small and hidden, texts barely readable), a fine UI and the usual playability that we already know (from NOTFM/SA/PO)... but guys, IAPs are INSANE!!!!!!!

there's only one playable character, the Gladiator, then in warrior class there are another two locked, Samurai and Paladin at $2.99 each!!! the upcoming Mage class that has 3 characters, unlockable in pre-order sale for $5.99!!! then the Explorer class with a couple of characters availble in a further update... :(o_O

and then there are also various packs to unlock items (?) and keys (?) for every playable character (warrior class atm) at $3.99 and $19.99 each!!!!!!!!:eek:

sorry guys, but that's not good at all, i complained about Pirates Outlaws, but this one is really DELIRIOUS!!!
    long live Pirates Outlaws ;)

edit> oh btw, no characters or packs are unlockable trough in-game currency, only real money?!?! :mad:

Roxton and ramzarules like this.
  6. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    thanks Gwarmaxx... unless i know that at least for the initial character i can get a clear game -maybe with one more iap to make the game truly premium like the doubler in Pirates- i am holding off.
    All other characters locked via iap, i can stomach it, but not if i need extra packs coins keys gems etc for the unlocked character as well.
    Anyway, i think this should be moved to the proper game thread.
    (By the way, i just discovered BattleHand by Kongregeate, is it any good compared to these games? i don't mind the online only)

7. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    #87 anthony78, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    That doesn’t sound good.

It’s not rogue like but my new go to for these card battlers is Demontide. Just one $2.99 unlock then completely premium.

Tons of cards and just excellent all around.

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  8. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    sadly there's no IAP for any truly premium unlockable...

9. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Does the game seem playable with the one character without IAPs? Don’t even see a listing for currency IAPs. Just whatever the dream and key packs are.

Downloaded it but won’t be able to try it until later.

I’d ask in a thread for the game but there doesn’t even seem to be one. :)

10. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    yeah, for a buck is good but tedious with always the same character.

edit> oh btw, it takes 1gb of space...

11. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    For a buck, if it’s balanced well (which I still personally think Pirates Outlaws is not), I don’t mind playing with one character for a while. I honestly played Pirates almost entirely with one character for a good 10 hours probably before I gave up with the slow progression.

Heck, if it’s balanced well, I don’t even mind paying $2.99 for another character. There’s one in Outlaws for $5! And the doubler makes that $4 for one initial character as well.

12. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    yeah i know, i complained about that in its thread, but after dev fixed the coin doubler, things got better, and believe me, in comparison DoD is much more enormously greedy, and the gameplay is not original at all , everything already seen... can't understand some devs choices!

13. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Well, even with the doubler fix, it still was way too grindy for me.

Guess I will stick with Silent Abyss, NoTFM and Demontide.

14. ramzarules

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    So i started a Rogue/Paladin game and noticed that the paladin starts with way less defensive cards - except parry which is always great- than the knight, and the rogue is based too much on poison/bleed. Many late bosses are immune to poison/bleed/burn, so is the rogue going to be effective down the road with straight damage cards/ accessories?
    Should i just stick to my Mage/Knight party on further difficulties?