Universal Silent Abyss-fate of heroes (by Chen Li Ming)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RayLancer, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    It was badly phrased. You want to have the option to finish drawing your deck so you don’t get stuck with a predictably bad hand. (Either because there’s only one card left in the deck, meaning you’ll only get one next turn, or because you know that the remaining cards in the deck won’t help you.) This requires (<2 mana) cards with card draw abilities.

Arcane Inspire is a Mage card that draws a card for each hero. It may be level-locked, but if so, it should come early. Maybe level 3?

2. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Just breezes through hard with this build. Taking on next one with the same build and we’ll see where it goes lol

Got lucky in the first accessory I got for archer gave me 1hp per kill and ended up with almost 135hp hahaha helps out a lot against thorns with this deck

Attached Files:

3. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    Phew, finally beat on Abyss difficulty. ☺️

Attached Files:

4. SpaceMonster

SpaceMonster Member

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    <spoiler> 0E95C9BD-015E-4C6F-8FF7-AC0BAB09261B.png </spoiler>

Just beat the game on abyss level.

<spoiler>I upgraded the knight’s shield attacks with two runes and attached thrift and to hand runes to each of the cards. This allows infinite damage; however, you have to be careful about fight back and thorn and wait for those buffs to clear. Also, if the enemy gets the thorn banner, you have to pay to change that one out.

I also had the assassin for the fragile effect on all enemies. You can also get infinite damage with assassin, but I did not get two to hand runes for the zero-mana cost attack card. </spoiler>

5. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    You’ll mind sharing your deck lists for abyss?

6. SpaceMonster

SpaceMonster Member

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    EE5B8CC9-5B84-4608-B4B1-933D23CF9B52.png 01C33EB0-DF69-41D1-ADA7-859BA86B7904.png

7. Yosup

Yosup New Member

Feb 1, 2019
    #67 Yosup, Feb 2, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    The knight card upgrades are as much armor as I can get. He is there to tank and nothing else. The only non tanky thing he does is give double damage to the archer. For runes you want remove rebuff and armor.

The archer on the other hand has damage upgrades for all four attacks and draw on the rest. If draw is not available go for rune slot instead and add draw and remove debug on them instead. The weapon has extra durability.

The combat flow goes like this:
    Turn 1: Knight defends or does nothing. Archer plays bow and Draw arrows or does nothing.
    Turn 2: Knight gives double damage and defends if needed. Archer plays its buffs and draws his whole deck then uses the 50 damage to all trinket. This is guaranteed unless you had terrible draws which happen once every ten or so combats. You play your fast arrows and reduce fatal shots to 0 and then play them. This kills anything other than third floor or higher bosses usually.

If combat is not over do the same things over and over.

I haven’t tried the Knight weapon yet. It might be better to leave it out. Has to be tested to know for sure but it might help in longer combats.

The best accessory is by far max hp per kill on archer. If you get it it’s a guaranteed win.

Edit: Can anyone share the mage build for hell or higher? I can’t seem to make her work.

Attached Files:

8. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    #68 Roxton, Feb 3, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    Upgrades
    Fireball: Reduce mana
    Arcane Burst: Power 4
    Arcane Blade: Reduce mana
    Excitation: Draw one
    Rack shield(s): Armor 3 & Guard
    All others (where applicable): Rune slots

Remove cards: 1x Shield Slash, 1x Excitation, 1x Arcane Inspire, Overdraft, Arcane Blade

Rune priorities:
    Try to fully magnetize Knight deck, prioritizing empowers and Excitation.
    Purify/Resistance
    Additional debuffs on fireball (ideally fire) on fireball to strip away resistance shields.
    Mallard on Knight cards.
    Fear on shield blast. (Utility)
    Protection on Mage to deal with hedgehog enemy flags.

Main damage combo: Set opponent on fire. 8x damage Ignite with Burst, Excitation.

Attached Files:

9. Yosup

Yosup New Member

Feb 1, 2019
    @Roxton Your deck worked pretty well in hard considering I was missing some of the mage cards and getting almost none of the runes you suggested, thank you.

I ended up going to hand on knights attack and used it to fragile enemies and either having the Knight destroy them or in case he couldn’t having the mage kill them in one turn.

Roxton likes this.
  10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Should I get this or Night of the Full Moon?

11. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    In all honesty, although this game is worth it, Night of the Full Moon is a fair bit more...how to say it...whole. It’s got more characters, probably more cards, and more decisions along the way (basically every turn after battle), which is imo what makes these games.

Though you should def get SA too as it’s cheap as chips and a great game also. My vote is Notfm first, then SA when ready.
    You should check out Dream Quest and Card Quest if you haven’t seen those yet as well.

12. Azndragon89

Azndragon89 New Member

Oct 2, 2016
    how did you put runes on your shield attacks?

13. SpaceMonster

SpaceMonster Member

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    When you beat the game for the first time you will get some currency that you can use to upgrade your cards. After you beat the game, you can also now play on hard mode. GL

14. SpaceMonster

SpaceMonster Member

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    875E3DB6-2412-440E-9FF1-265333564FE8.png Cards for beating game solo:

Attached Files:

15. Azndragon89

Azndragon89 New Member

Oct 2, 2016
    #75 Azndragon89, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    nice.

I need tips for beating hell, Death has resistances to fire, poison and my mage cant damage it

16. SpaceMonster

SpaceMonster Member

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    The easiest way to beat any difficulty level after you have unlocked card upgrades is to set up an infinite damage combo. You need two one or zero casting cost attack cards upgraded with thrift and return to hand. (Note: You can get an infinite combo with one archer attack card upgraded and the archer weapon that returns an attack card to hand). Once you set up the combo, you just cast the attacks repeatedly until the enemy is dead. The thrifts will reduce the casting cost to 0, and to hand will put a copy back in your hand. Your only constraints are fight-back and thorn or environmental hazards such as the one that randomizes card costs or ups the cost of attack cards. Archer and Knight are easiest to solo the game, warlock is the hardest.

I generally like to run through the whole deck in a turn so you get your combo on turn one. This means I start with only 8 or 9 cards and remove cards as my deck gets more efficient. If you don’t get the combo, try to maximize damage each turn by getting fragile on the enemy.

17. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    finally beat normal difficulty with knight and mage at level 5. Unlocked a new class, new difficulty modes, solo mode, card upgrade mode... what a game!
    Their level 5 accessories helped a ton, since i was able to stack buffs on my mage, debuff on the enemies, and cast Arcane Puncture for an insane multiplier (reaches over 450 damage on one boss)
    I like this so much more than NotfM for its sense of progression. I cleard Night once and as far as i could tell, no characters or modes were unlocked.

18. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Night of the Full Moon you collect new cards as you play, also as you play different classes (not all cards appear on each run). Also there are multiple difficult endgame bosses (not counting the random mini bosses) based on the choices you made (I don't think this game has those) which each have their own ending / story (stories get added to the enemy book). Then there are achievements for different clears. So there's plenty of progression in that game, if not even more than this game.

ramzarules likes this.
  19. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i still love both NOTFM & SA, but recently, despite my initial complaints about its IAPs sytem, i find that one of the best card battler of all times is Pirates Outlaws... i don't know why and how, maybe its perfect pace gameplay, maybe its beautiful stylish grafx or most likely the large amount of cards and the synergy between them (aka combos), but i keep on playing all the time, it's really addictive, and swear that there are few games that attract me in that way in this days (and after 40 years of videogamer).

ramzarules likes this.
  20. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    yeap, im waiting for pirates to add some animations and inam buying it also!
    But today, Dimension of Dream will be out hopefully, i think it will be great as well!