Universal Silent Abyss-fate of heroes (by Chen Li Ming)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RayLancer, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Bgamer21

Bgamer21 Member

Aug 1, 2013
    How do you save? Came back into the game and all my progress hadn’t been saved.

2. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    At the beginning of any battle just tap on the options cog in the top right hand corner and tap on Back to Title. When you start the game again you have the option to continue your game.
    If you Abandon the game instead your game is over though your characters will level up.

3. Ringerill

Ringerill Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2012
    #43 Ringerill, Jan 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
    I believe they have put something to deal with this case.
    Starting from the 15th turn, you have a debuff called "Depressed" that reduces your healing by 50%.
    I do not know if you get something more after turn 20+ since I never tried that but maybe we do get a strong debuff making us unnable to heal or making us taking more damage or damage over time adds up.

EDIT:
    You do gain "Quiet" at turn 20 but the description is: ",".
    Maybe it is something similar to "You feel an omnious presence..."? Died at turn 22 anyway :)

4. Ringerill

Dec 13, 2012
    #44 Ringerill, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    This game is much more diverse and complete than you might think...
    It does not stop just after you beat the last boss!

After you beat Death on the 7th floor, you are rewarded with 3 new things:
    - Difficulty chosing (Normal, Hard, Hell, Abyss). Only Hard is available and I guess the rest gets unlocked if you beat the previous difficulty.
    - Solo mode: you can go on a solo adventure with only 1 hero. My guess is you have less ennemies per encounter.
    - Card upgrades: this one is the best in my opinion. 3 types of coins gets unlocked (Gold, Platine and Ruby) and you get 6 Gold and 4 platine coins to use. With this, you can upgrade the card in the Card Menu. Each card seems to have 2-3 upgrades and you can chose to keep them or clear, so the upgrade is not definitive if you don't want to. However, be careful as you can only chose 1 upgrade for a card and you will have to repay coins to unlock it again!
    I won't spoil more and I will let you discover this by yourself.

nickhoola and CrayonWarrior like this.
  5. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    #45 aconfusedkender, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    Wait so does this mean I’m about to be at the boss already

This game is fantastic btw. I almost 100% Night of the Full Moon and love these types of games. I do think Mage Knight is the way to go but haven’t really toyed around with others much yet. I unlocked the assassin this run but haven’t lost yet to try her out. My dudes are only level 4 or 5 I think but got a few lucky drops early and have carried me through to here. I think if I can beat this run I will buy the other classes just for shits and giggles.

Superb little gem this is!

The comet weapon question if not answered yet makes all enemies your target instead of just one so you can trample everyone after you make them fragile and do stupid damage if you buff with some Mage cards and such (;

EDIT: well I beat it and almost wasn’t able to! Boss gets pretty hefty. Can’t wait to NG+ this and see what’s in store. Took quite a while to beat as well. Quite a bit of strategy later in the levels. I think at the end I had like 20+ cards for knight and almost 20 for Mage all runed out. Was still a fun challenge. Off to try some solo missions now!

Attached Files:

Gambler and CrayonWarrior like this.
  6. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    #46 Gambler, Jan 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    The game autosaves. Only if you quit/force close midfight or the game crashes you'll be put at the beginning of the fight again after having tapped continue - Iirc you even draw the same cards as before (at least in the first round)

Other than that the game should always autosave.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any cloud saving though. I wanted to continue my game on another device but only had the option to start a completely new one.

7. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    Seems you are (were?) just unlucky. Just had a level with 2x healing, once after round 2, then after round 4 (due to a vertical arrow I was able to play 5 of the 6 rounds). Rewards and enemies seem to be completely random.

ramzarules likes this.
  8. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    This was my end game screen if anyone cares haha. My dudes were only level 5 when I started that run. It’s attainable but RNGeezus was on my side. The run before that one of the bosses was immune to burning and my deck was built to capitalize on the burn. Needless to say I lost that run but it led me to the run below which worked out cause I didn’t have to face him haha

Attached Files:

9. Ringerill

Dec 13, 2012
    I believe that for higher difficulty runs, the RNG play a quite important role.
    Flags and Trinkets I get early are often what decides if I will end the run or not.
    The Flag that gives you more damage or resistance is definitely the way to go!

Another small "spoiler":
    The maximum level you can reach with a character is lvl 10. So you basically unlock the 3 accessories on the top (1 active and 2 passives).
    To unlock the 3 others, you have to finish the game on Hard, Hell and Abyss (in that order).

Also a small hidden thing: in the character browsing menu, when you click on the Mage icon, the image used for the game app is displayed in full screen. I guess the developper prefers the Mage who is probably the main protagonist :)

aconfusedkender likes this.
  10. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    So I went ahead and bought the warlock and archer since I beat it and I will say this, while I don’t think that the duo might be able to take on the final stage they are pretty fun to play together. The archer has some pretty sick combo potentials and the warlock is pretty much a minion summoner and life stealer. Fun stuff! Still surprised by this gem. I’ve spent many more hours than I even realize that’s how I now it’s a good game

11. Ringerill

Dec 13, 2012
    #51 Ringerill, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    Same here. The dev definitely deserves the 3$!
    It is definitely different to play low level characters again but I do think that the Warlock can be quite deadly.
    He can summon tanks disposable tanks and mages, he can siphon life, weaken and poison ennemies and deal some serious damage. I think he is one of the rare that could solo the game this way.

But yeah, Mage and Knight are definitely the way to go: just beat the Abyss level with this team :)

12. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    The weapon card upgrades seem beastly in general, but this one takes the cake.

Attached Files:

13. Ringerill

Dec 13, 2012
    I do not consider this to be the most broken weapon. Trinkets and flags can make this weapon worthless.
    Trinkets such as "Mana Pocket" which makes you draw 1 card for each Mana you have often makes you overdraw anyway.
    And "Chess Master" allows you to reduce 1 mana cost if you do not play any card.
    Some trinkets also makes you draw when you take damage.
    Coupled with several flags that make you draw 1 more card at the beginning or allowing you to keep some card instead of exhausting.

I would prefer the weapon making you gain 1 mana and spamming my spells every turn. Because let's be frank, what you mainly miss each turn is mana, not cards :)

14. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Update on my last run with Archer and Warlock!!!
    Well I beat the Normal mode with both of them. They were level 2 when I started the run and didn’t even have the class specific starting accessories. The archer has such nasty potential late game. I stuck with mostly cheap cards or cards that draw a lot along with “charge” cards and could easily take down whole squads in 1 turn in the last few dungeons. Once I got all the pieces of my combo I would just dookie on them. Did almost 500 damage in one turn to Death.

Warlock is pretty versatile. I ended up going with the summons line more for him since A&W are both squishy. Worked out pretty well. Death ended up killing my warlock the turn before I took him out but that was to be expected. The banners are very important though. I ended up getting the mana shield one that gives armor based on mana left over. And eventually got the gives life based on mana left over accessories for each of them which saved me on numerous occasions.

I’ll try this run again on hard and see what it has in store. I’m thinking I’ll eventually end up running a Knight/warrior with an Archer since honestly archer just seemed to me to do just solid no BS damage. No need to do burning/poison since a lot of dudes have resistances later IMO but will see how far I get in Hard before making any more assumptions.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Attached Files:

15. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Can someone give me some tips? I can usually get past the first dungeon but I die before the second one.

16. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Who are you playing? My non-iAp setup first win was knight and Mage. I went armor for knight and straight damage for Mage I think. Make sure you have fragile and life regain. Don’t be scared to reroll your banners when you get a chance later. Just keep at it and it’ll work out. It’s bearable for sure. Also DONT take every reward card because you will fill your deck and not be able to get to the cards you really need for max damage turns. Save mana for a good fragile turn where you can pop off.

17. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    I bought DLC so I have all classes unlocked and I'm level 5 or so with each so I have flexibility with my deck. Just not really sure how to optimize my 10 card decks. I tend to spend all my gold on healing potions at the merchants.

What do you mean by fragile and life regain? How do I make sure I have them? And what do you mean by reroll banners?

18. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    #58 Roxton, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    Trim your deck to 8 cards. Use card draw to try to exhaust on turn 1. Arcane Inspire helps both heroes. (It won’t be consistent at first, and you’ll want to avoid deliberately exhausting in situations where you need to charge until you trim down further and get more mana accessories.)
    Mage/Knight seems like the most synergistic hero combo. Rack Shield is great. Prioritize Mullard x2+ on knight cards (team defense), Purity (1 each), and health gain runes. You’ll want access to resistance runes on both characters in the late game.
    Empower and Excitation are must-haves for mage support.

When navigating a stage, prioritize areas with an accessory bonus. Prioritize accessories that provide mana gains and card draw. Never take new cards or ores. Aggressively remove cards from the deck when presented with the opportunity - you can ditch card draw as you slim. Any cards more expensive than 1 mana will probably go to waste without mana gain support (e.g. empower); you’ll probably want to reserve those slots for your mage-focused damage combo.

In related news, this game is not stingy about ramping up rewards (Hard clear).

Attached Files:

19. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Fragile is the swirly looking symbol and it makes the enemy take more damage. There are accessories and banners that will give you “gain 4 hp when you exhaust” or if you’re playing warlock he has lots of hp gain.

I decided to try a different build on this current archer/warlock run and went cooldown and heavy hits on archer and ailments on the warlock like poison, etc...it’s a lot harder than I thought it’d be since you don’t have a lot of mana. I will do a warlock minion deck and a quick fire archer deck next. I think that’s the best route personally

20. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Dumb question- what do you mean by use card draw to try to exhaust on turn 1? And what is Arcane inspire? Thanks for the other tips! I"ll give it a shot.