Universal SIEGE: Titan Wars (by Game Alliance)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Jul 5, 2017.

1. nsxdavid

nsxdavid Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Battery

Power Save in the Options will cap the frame rate, which cuts battery usage down.

David

2. BrokenMyth

BrokenMyth Member

Jul 6, 2017
    So is not working yet?

I have it active and it shows no sign of better energy management.

Both on iPhone 7 and iPad Pro 10".

3. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    Pretty fun in the short term. Solid graphics for mobile.

4. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Is this done by the same Simutronics that did those MUDs back in the day?

5. HotHamBoy

HotHamBoy Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    I appreciate the much shorter wait for chests.

Presentation is a bit rough but it's pretty interesting. Sometimes I feel like I'm just constantly spamming troops without much thought and occasionally waiting a few extra seconds for a well-timed titan or spell. You don't get the extra layer of depth that comes from placing troops in specific areas, though.

6. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    It's alright. This game in development was titled F2P Nightmare.

7. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #27 Zeillusion, Jul 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    I love this genres meta game. Very interesting. Although the game is still a bit rough around some edges in terms of quality. ( great visuals but could use some more sound / music on certain screens )

I see geeet potential for this game in the future. It does seem like less depth than Royale because of the large armies. Royale each unit has great depth in terms of placement , stats, and cards ( strengths / weaknesses ) but here it seems like the titans include the depth and everything else is just a bit of cannon fodder.

Really enjoying it though!

Edit: I do enjoy the Royale single screen combat. Having to spawn units from two screens back is a bit different but I most likely can adjust to the differences.

I'm only at 100 trophies so I'm sure there's plenty more im missing that I'll unlock later down the road.

8. BrokenMyth

BrokenMyth Member

Jul 6, 2017
    #28 BrokenMyth, Jul 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    The two screens away scrolls give precisely a lot of depth. I see here people talking about the placement argument giving it more depth to CR.

If you watch replays at Higher tiers. You will see that is not about just placing Titans. Furthermore, your chosen city give proc stats to your hero/towers on first 60 secs which define how you will approach the beginning of the battle.

Mid Tiers you will a *** load of Titans walking around but on higher, there are very delicate decisions and counters being played not just... spam. Timing and Location (in the map) matters a lot.

The Spells provide a complete change of dynamics to the great advantage of its soldiers. sometimes battles that seem completely lost have totally reversible outcomes thanks to the very clever use of Spells combined with certain warriors.

I would advice to check it out at least for a week do understand that there is a lot going on. Seems pretty messy in the first days but as you blend in you will unlock a lot of understanding on how much this is better than Clash Royal... it doesn't even compare, honestly. (ok except the meta-card-game...)

Despite its simple mechanics, the game has a lot of depth. Vision" and map awareness is also necessary to defeat clever opponents.

(although it looks like it ... this is not an ad. - I wouldn't mind thou receive some chests/gems )

\m/ ^_^ \m/

9. zazzer

zazzer Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Global Community Manager, Arena of Valor
    Palo Alto, CA
    The very same!

10. MintCity

MintCity Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2016
    I went in thinking that I wouldn't enjoy this game and I came out pleasantly surprised! It's not a complete rip-off of Clash Royale. It's gameplay feels quite different. At first, it seemed a little more "hands-off" than CR but later down the road it felt like a completely different (and deeply strategic) beast. I do want to support the devs by making a few IAP's down the line but I find that the pricing is just too much for what is received. I always thought that Clash Royale had the same problem and the pricing of this game's IAP's is on par with that. Wish there was some sort of monthly subscription or some limited-time package deals... don't get me wrong, I'll still make a few small IAP's down the road but it might turn others off from ever spending a dime. Just my opinion!:) Fantastic game nonetheless.

11. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    I love the graphics and sounds, etc. But my gameplay experience has been kinda meh. Out of 5 games played so far, the two I won were due to a disconnect and a player not being very active. The three games I lost felt basically like playing rock, paper, scissors - just going back and forth sending troops out, in none of those games did I feel either player had a real momentum swing or advantage before time ended. Kinda reminds me of that first Royal Revolt game, except that one you could play against AI and I'm not sure that's possible with this game, or what happens if there are no players online...

12. TheSop

TheSop Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2016
    Game is cooking my iPhone 7, don't think I want to continue playing as I'm worried it will damage my phone.

13. zazzer

zazzer Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Palo Alto, CA
    Does is still do this when using the Power Save mode in the game options? We're currently looking into this after we've seen a few reviews mention the same.

14. coolit

coolit Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Good game, at least early on. I fear like all these games it's going to be all about what you've spent once you reach the higher tiers but in the interim it's fun.

It's funny seeing people call this a clash royal clone though... while it may be so, clash royale's gameplay (like many popular strategy/rpg/td/moba game types you see today) was taken from user created Starcraft/Warcraft 3 custom maps created a loooong time ago.

15. xelasnewo

xelasnewo Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2015
    yes yes yes yes i was hoping someone would make an ios game based on starcraft 2 mods thankyouyou

16. BrokenMyth

BrokenMyth Member

Jul 6, 2017
    #36 BrokenMyth, Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    Yeah. My iPhone 7 burns very quickly.

Not only sucks up the battery I can't touch on it's back after awhile.

EVEN on power saving mode on.

Please do something. The game is too good to be dropped cus of battery issues.

17. BrokenMyth

BrokenMyth Member

Jul 6, 2017
    #37 BrokenMyth, Jul 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    I feel you.

They are defiantly using bots when a player is not available. The bots pay like zombies and don't even reply to emojis.

If you play more until level 5 things will start becoming better. The enemy and you.

My advice to get ebtter cards at cheapest cost is to ensure you DONT upgrade all the cards you don't use. Save money for your card selection upgrade. You can reach upper levels faster and be stronger. You need to ensure you have tanks, snipers (ground and air) and damage dealers. And loads of crowd control spells

18. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Thank you for the tips - very much appreciated! I definitely should use some strategy upgrading, then.

And I do like the feature of being able to watch other match replays - so for me at 10 crowns being able to watch players over 1,000 crowns play with much higher upgraded troops and cards is entertaining. :)

19. aricall

aricall Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Tattooist
    Does anyone else feel the chest drop cards kinda suck? I keep getting the same stuff over and over and over. Even on the 4 hour chests

20. zazzer

zazzer Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Palo Alto, CA
    This has been flagged and the dev team is looking into it.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not aware that anything is wrong with the drop rates, but I will send this up the chain to look into further.