Universal Siege of Dragonspear (by Overhaul Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Thanks! Might be the time to finally try to get into the games. I find them very intimidating.

2. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    If you have questions don't hesitate, I guess we have some AD&D veterans here :)

I started D&D with 3.0 but i still learnt a lot of AD&D mechanics over time :)

3. Azleaann

Azleaann Active Member

Apr 24, 2012
    I notice the original Baldurs Gate has IAP’s ...do you need these to play through the game or are they addons ?

4. Lurchroboter

Lurchroboter Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2016
    The IAP provide two additional characters you can meet and take along with your party that were not in the original game. Those were developed for the enhanced edition and each one comes with an original questline. Definitely recommend, though they are not needed to complete the game. The other two iaps deliever new custom portraits and voices for those who like to further customize manually generated characters. I suggest you pick those up, too, to support the devs �� though they obviously not provide any further benefits regarding gameplay.

5. Azleaann

Azleaann Active Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Thank you for the info, I’m going to download the game and give it a try, I’ll decide if I’ll get the IAP once I get a feel for the game.

6. Lurchroboter

Lurchroboter Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2016
    Enjoy! And as Milotorou stated up above, in case of questions just ask.

7. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Yeah, do just that, as Lurch said these are completely optional, they are afterthoughts. With the current sale with BG1 its a steal to at least give it a try, if you end up hooked just the first game is gonna suck you in for minimum 40-50 hours.

The reason IAP exist in the first place is because they released the game half the price it is on Steam, so to make up for that they picked some of the content that they ADDED in the remake (to make sure the initial experience is left untouched) and made paid DLC out of it. I guess Beamdog knew a 20$ iOS game was in most cases a recipe for disaster.

8. Daerricx

Daerricx Member

Jul 26, 2014
    iPhone X

Any word on iPhone X support of the game?

9. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Bump for this question. But I'd also like to know if any of the others BG1, 2, Icewind, Planescape etc have ipx support.

10. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Nm, I own every one of them so tried them out myself :p

BG1 : No
    BG2 : No
    Dragonspear : Hybrid. There is a small bezel at both ends (probably to avoid issues with the notch and screen rotation)
    Icewind : No
    Planescape : No

11. Milotorou

Mar 19, 2015
    Im not surprised considering the main focus for these releases is the iPad :/