Universal Sid Meier's Civilization® VI (by Aspyr Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by klink, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013

The closest thing I’ve found is tapping on the unit name in the box at the middle bottom (settler, warrior etc) this pops up a menu with all your available units in it.

2. AlexBi

AlexBi Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2015
    THÀT!
    Fantastic! It’s what i was searching.
    Many thanks!

3. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Ok. I bit and purchased. How do i change to retina mode in the debug menu?

4. atko92

atko92 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Male
    EV Industry
    England, UK
    https://mobile.twitter.com/stroughtonsmith/status/943961794955153411

That's the link I followed. You also need a mac or pc as well as a file explorer program. The one is used is conveniently named iexplorer. Simple and easy to do. Can adjust the UI scale by following that twitter guide also.

5. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    So, anybody managed to access the mod selection menu?

6. hippiesrlame

hippiesrlame Active Member

Aug 30, 2011
    I believe you have to have unlocked the full version for the ‘Additional Content’ menu to show. As long as you load the mods into the mods directory of the Civ6 app (via a file explorer) it will show up as available in the ‘Additional Content’ menu.

7. Avellone

Avellone Member
    Patreon Silver

Dec 1, 2017
    Just my discord name. It’s in honor of the greatest game writer in history though :)

8. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

I found this post and keeping my eye on further updates from him, as he seems to know what he’s doing in systematically testing if popular mods work or not :)

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/civ6-for-ipad.625738/page-6#post-1495971

I’ve put those and a few others into my game but didn’t start a new game with any ‘new rules’ type ones enabled yet. Some that look like they should work on my current save seem to have made no difference so far tho :(

9. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I wonder if the upcoming Rome: Total War iPhone app means we could see this on iPhone some day too. I hope so! I enjoy Civ Rev 2 and Polytopia but Civ VI, MAN.

10. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Hi dev...please add all dlc and new expansion at February 8th! I will instabuy even with the same price like pc version! and please add optional retina graphics in the option menu ( retina graphics for latest ipad pro users )

11. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    While I hope and pray they'll catchup with the PC version, I seriously doubt it will be ready the same day. These are the same devs handling the Mac port which is also a few patches behind. The Mac version does, I believe, have a lot of the DLCs so those I can only hope will be released relatively soon to us iOS users.

12. athros

athros Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    DevOps
    Colorado
    As I understand, there's a lot of optimization and changes on the backend to go to Mac so that it's somewhat performant. I'm betting on the Fall patch sometime this month with DLC's up to R&F and then R&F maybe a month or 2 after.

What I really hope for is online multiplayer, and maybe some crossplatform with Mac's. I'd like PC too, but that's not in the current Mac version so I don't have high hopes there.

13. den

den New Member

Jan 3, 2018
    How is the performance after hundreds of turns in and large to huge map on ipad air 2?

14. GreatWizard

GreatWizard Member

Dec 13, 2013
    So true. The game looks and plays completely fine, and the ui works great on the iPad. And it's a full new Civ game! Couldn't be happier, and people complain about fps and resolution. Ridiculous. (and Civ games have historically been really poor performers even on mighty PCs)

15. GreatWizard

GreatWizard Member

Dec 13, 2013
    #196 GreatWizard, Jan 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    BTW - there is also a graphicsOptions.txt file which contains a lot of options which reduced the graphics quality to improve performance levels. I'm trying it out now, but I'm pretty sure you can tinker with it to your heart's content and play with the graphics/performance trade off.

16. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    Yes, totally agreed! I paid the full price of admission immediately after downloading, and I don't regret it at all. On a nice big iPad pro, the game is both beautiful (without monkeying with the graphics settings) and quick. The interface is also fantastically well suited to touch inputs. Between this and Darkest Dungeon, I couldn't be happier with 2017 for iOS gaming.

17. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    I don't believe this is on iPad. Kind of shows the tablet is 70% of the way to taking over the PC

18. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Welp, I contacted Aspyr with a feature request and mentioned the increased playability with UI Scale 2 and asked that they consider exposing a scaling checkbox or at least ini file option, along with exposing Retina if supportable. I got back an unexpectedly terse:

...which strikes me as a bit tone deaf as a reply to a feature request with no suggestion of unsuitability, but ok, I guess that’s Aspyr’s answer.

The UI scale doesn’t affect performance, though, so I think they’ve probably conflated the two issues of Retina and UI scale. Hopefully they change their minds re: exposing a scale more appropriate to a 13” tablet.

19. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Wow... unexpected response!